My Predictions for the next 4 years.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 02:28 PM
My Predictions for the next 4 years.
Here's my predictions -- for the next 4 years.

1. Gay Marriage -- it's here to stay - it's not going anywhere. It'd be political suicide to oppose it at this point.

2. A wall for Mexico --- if they manage to build another 20 miles in addition to what's there now - I'll be surprised. They'll probably just use much more electronic surveillance such as drones, sound, vibration and heat sensors. Illegal immigration will go down --- not so much for the gadgetry -- but the simple fact that the USA isn't going to look so great as a destination anymore.

3. Trump getting impeached. Not likely. I'd put the odds at less than 10 percent. Trump QUITTING??? -- I'd go as high as 50 percent on that.

4. Driverless cars. They will hit the road by 2020. They will also hit trees, pedestrians, aircraft and probably more dogs and cat than can be counted. The use of driverless cars will become so hopelessly mired in lawsuits by and against insurance companies that the major automobile manufacturers will abandon the idea -- if you're lucky -- by 2040 they'll be back.

5. Certain classes of guns and/or ammunition will be outlawed. Trump will gladly sign the legislation. Oddly enough -- they will also mandate total reciprocity between all states for concealed carry permits.

If you want to argue these predictions -- you'll have to do it solo..... I'm not going to respond to any arguement....

I'm just hoping some other people will make some predictions of their own -- then we can have a necropost party about four years from now.....

Drinking Beverage

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-01-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: My Predictions for the next 4 years.
My predictions for the next 4 minutes, another thread having to do with Trump will be created.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 6 users Like JDog554's post
25-01-2017, 02:37 PM
I actually think all of those are likely. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Ladbrokes (a UK betting firm) had a Trump impeachment at 4/1 yesterday, now it's 7/2. To leave office by impeachment or resignation before the end of his first term is even money at the moment. Source: Donald Trump Specials

I agree with the gay marriage thing. It's a done deal.

The wall/fence/whatever will get started but stall due to infighting about how to pay for it.

LePen won't win in France but it will be a close-run thing and give liberal democrats pause for thought.

Merkel will win in Germany, for better or worse.

The Dems will do extremely well in the 2018 mid-terms as disaffected Trumpians realize they've been conned.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
25-01-2017, 02:46 PM
(25-01-2017 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I actually think all of those are likely. Thumbsup

I don't see #5 happening with a Republican majority in both houses. No

The rest are credible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2017, 06:44 PM
(25-01-2017 02:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  the next 4 minutes

Oh please, don't be so pessimistic.
1 to 2 minutes. Tongue

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
25-01-2017, 06:57 PM
(25-01-2017 02:46 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Ladbrokes (a UK betting firm) had a Trump impeachment at 4/1 yesterday, now it's 7/2. To leave office by impeachment or resignation before the end of his first term is even money at the moment. Source: Donald Trump Specials

I agree with the gay marriage thing. It's a done deal.

The wall/fence/whatever will get started but stall due to infighting about how to pay for it.

LePen won't win in France but it will be a close-run thing and give liberal democrats pause for thought.

Merkel will win in Germany, for better or worse.

The Dems will do extremely well in the 2018 mid-terms as disaffected Trumpians realize they've been conned.
I agree with the Dems in 2018. And it can't get here soon enough.

Onlines driverless car prediction. Mmmmm... I donno. They've been proven to safer than human drivers but something odd has cropped up with driverless cars. Car sickness. When people are sitting in driverless cars looking down and texting and reading they aren't looking out the window at a focal point and it's causing people to get nauseous. Barf bags will be required in all new makes and models of driverless cars. Rainbow Vomit

I don't have a prediction for trump. I hate the man so much I can't see straight anymore.

I do think that trump will be a huge galvanizing point for the democrats.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-01-2017, 07:21 PM
(25-01-2017 06:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I do think that trump will be a huge galvanizing point for the democrats.

I really hope you're right about that. After the shenanigans last year with the primaries and super delegates...Bernie Sanders gets the majority of votes in a state and Clinton walks away with most of the delegates? How the fuck does that even happen? Oh the super delegates get super powers...

I've been fairly annoyed the Democratic Party for a while. Honestly though, despite the unfairness to Bernie during the primary, I'm not sure he could have won a national election. He might have pulled it off, but it would have been very close and the country would still be just as divided.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-01-2017, 07:43 PM
(25-01-2017 07:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 06:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I do think that trump will be a huge galvanizing point for the democrats.

I really hope you're right about that. After the shenanigans last year with the primaries and super delegates...Bernie Sanders gets the majority of votes in a state and Clinton walks away with most of the delegates? How the fuck does that even happen? Oh the super delegates get super powers...

I've been fairly annoyed the Democratic Party for a while. Honestly though, despite the unfairness to Bernie during the primary, I'm not sure he could have won a national election. He might have pulled it off, but it would have been very close and the country would still be just as divided.

It probably would have been close, but I sure would have felt better voting for Bernie.
It would have been a vote for someone I liked rather than someone other than Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-01-2017, 07:48 PM
I think driverless cars will soon be the norm, and conventional driving will be a luxury for the rich.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post