My Quilt is done.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: My Quilt is done.
(24-02-2016 08:01 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  It took 3 days to cut and piece the top together and 1 day to do the back. I did not quilt the top and back together I took it to a quilter and they did that on a machine. I did the trim and finish today. It's a very simple design but I kind of burnt myself out on quilts as I've done about 20 in the last 4yrs.

Sell that shit. My wife and daughter are big time into crochet and we are looking to sell their art online. Handmade ought to get 2-3x Walmart we figure.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-02-2016, 12:15 AM
How come the before picture looks like the after picture? Huh

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Such lush saturated colours! Beautiful...

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus (341-270B.C.E.)
[+] 1 user Likes larry-new's post
25-02-2016, 10:10 AM
(25-02-2016 12:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How come the before picture looks like the after picture? Huh

The before pic is of the quilt top without the quilting stitching (it's smooth) to bind the top, back and filler together. If you look at the after pic you can see a squiggly line of thread binding them together (that the quilting) and it looks puffed or bunched up a bit. The quilting thread pattern is called Popcorn.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
25-02-2016, 10:13 AM
(25-02-2016 10:03 AM)larry-new Wrote:  Such lush saturated colours! Beautiful...

Because of the flash in the camera it's quite a bit brighter than it really looks. The color are really a dark jewel tones.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
25-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Very nice! Beautiful colours.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post