My Race is not supirior anymore!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2015, 01:42 PM
My Race is not supirior anymore!
I just found out that mods made for Fallout 4 will be made available for XBOX one and PlayStation 4 users..........

Is this the beginning of the end of the glorious PC master race?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
10-10-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: My Race is not supirior anymore!
(10-10-2015 01:42 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I just found out that mods made for Fallout 4 will be made available for XBOX one and PlayStation 4 users..........

We still have keyboard/mouse.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-10-2015, 02:52 PM
No. Now stop talking crazy talk. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-10-2015, 09:42 PM
(10-10-2015 01:42 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I just found out that mods made for Fallout 4 will be made available for XBOX one and PlayStation 4 users..........

superior*

Unless they can make the mods, they are beholden to the benevolence of their PC betters.

[Image: 79a.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-10-2015, 10:15 PM
One of the advantages of mods are that they allow for graphical improvements as the hardware is upgraded. That's mostly irrelevant with consoles. And assuming you have a decent gaming machine, you'll always be playing a superior game on the PC. Higher graphics settings, higher frame rate, etc. Even with mods, the only real advantages to having a console are price and the elimination of compatibility issues for those who don't like to be bothered with the possibility of having to tweak settings, download 3rd party patches for incompatible hardware, etc.

I've got Vegas on both PC and 360. It was a straight up pain in the ass just getting it to run on my PC, with everything from the operating system to the graphics card being theoretically unsupported. But once I got it working, mods or not, it's incomparably superior to the 360.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-10-2015, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 04:07 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-10-2015 01:42 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Is this the beginning of the end of the glorious PC master race?

Consoles are becoming more like PC's, but in doing so they are losing the benefits the consoles used to have in favor of gaining the problems PC's have but without the benefits PC's get. As of right now, the PS4 and Xbox One are 'PC-light'.

They have their own operating systems, perform multi-media functions, are almost useless without an internet connection, have a hard-drive that often requires games to be installed onto, games often ship broken and are patched latter.

But the PC isn't locked into any one digital distribution platform. Whereas you have to by digital copies of Xbox and PlayStation titles from their own digital storefronts, PC users have access to Steam, Green Man Gaming, Origin, Good Old Games, or even buying from the seller directly; and their competition helps drive prices down, and we quite often see substantial sales and specials.

Consoles no longer offer the simplicity of plug-and-play, as they're now saddled with all of the bullshit of PC gaming but with none of it's benefits.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-10-2015, 05:52 AM
I've got zero interest in an Xbox One or PS4 at this point. I'm gonna get a ridiculously overpriced gaming laptop, oh, right about the time Fallout comes out (most of my gaming time is while traveling or on a work rotation). The Nintendo NX has me somewhat intrigued, though.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-10-2015, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 06:13 AM by cactus.)
I love my Clevo. It's powerful, but isn't hideous looking like most gaming laptops. It just looks like a regular business laptop, which is exactly what I wanted. I ordered one without any branding on the back; it did come with arrows on the WASD keys, though.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Quote:Consoles are becoming more like PC's, but in doing so they are losing the benefits the consoles used to have in favor of gaining the problems PC's have but without the benefits PC's get. As of right now, the PS4 and Xbox One are 'PC-light'.

Weak argument. Of course it's "PC-light", it uses all the same hardware.
Was there ever a time consoles didn't? certainly not since I started gaming (ps1).

Quote:They have their own operating systems, perform multi-media functions, are almost useless without an internet connection, have a hard-drive that often requires games to be installed onto, games often ship broken and are patched latter.

I don't see why performing multi-media functions is a bad thing?? A lot of people on my friends list use Netflix, it's easier than dragging your whole computer out to the lounge to watch Netflix on your 50". You don't even have to use any of that stuff. Like, literally any of it. I use several apps on my xbone that are gaming related (mostly achievement related) and skype sometimes.

I don't get this whole internet thing. Yea games often do require internet but who doesn't have internet? Seriously, who the fuck doesn't have wifi? If anything my PC is more annoying to connect to the internet because I use a wireless adapter stick thing which uses a usb slot and crashes on me when I use heavy internet.

So do PCs... In fact, every single one of my PC games is saved to my pc harddrive.
It takes maybe half an hour if that to install the game on the xbox. You only need to do it once and you're done. It's hardly a hassle.

Ship broken!!? Firstly, that was 1 fucking game... and that was only the multiplayer. 2nd, this is far far far more prevalent on the PC. At least you know it's gonna get fixed on xbox...

Quote:But the PC isn't locked into any one digital distribution platform. Whereas you have to by digital copies of Xbox and PlayStation titles from their own digital storefronts, PC users have access to Steam, Green Man Gaming, Origin, Good Old Games, or even buying from the seller directly; and their competition helps drive prices down, and we quite often see substantial sales and specials.

I agree with this to an extent.
Firstly, games are not sold exclusively online and so there is competition between stores. Second, there is sales on the xbox between digital games because developers are competing with eachother for sales. Thirdly, how often does a AAA game go on sale on Steam? And even when they do how big of sales are they? Certainly not the 75% off sales. The big sales are always for indie games or old games that nobody's playing anymore (ie: shadows of mordor). It's comparing apples to oranges.

Quote:Consoles no longer offer the simplicity of plug-and-play, as they're now saddled with all of the bullshit of PC gaming but with none of it's benefits.

Saddled with bullshit? 30 minutes to install (which results in quicker loading times in game I might add) is bullshit? No, that's bullshit it's really not a hassle.

Obviously both have their pros and cons but to dismiss consoles outright is just stupid. For example, consoles have far better multiplayer functions. Friends system, party system, party chat, in-game chat etc.. friends walls. You can instant take screenshots, record the last 20 seconds etc.. Kinetic is great, it really is. It is still plug and play, despite what you think. It's smoother. You don't need to worry about specs, you don't need to worry about upgrading it (just buy another one in 10 years or so, try saying that about your expensive PC...). Controllers are very nice. You can play sitting in a big lazy boy, as in play competitively. The graphics are still very nice. It's just more relaxing to play things on console compared to PC.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-10-2015, 06:20 AM

The Xbone and Pissfour may now have mods, but PC's continue to have modularity that consoles can't obtain.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.