My !@#$%^& Room Flooded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 06:22 PM
My !@#$%^& Room Flooded
The owner is going to come by soon, but the prop management wont do a damn thing about it and wont reimburse me for a pump to get rid of the water or even come by to look at anything....fucking ass holes. They just called the owner and told him to deal with it, so he called us and told us he is on his way...but...fuck man. This is balls.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2016, 06:26 PM
RE: My !@#$%^& Room Flooded
Shee-it, that sucks.
17-01-2016, 06:26 PM
(17-01-2016 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The owner is going to come by soon, but the prop management wont do a damn thing about it and wont reimburse me for a pump to get rid of the water or even come by to look at anything....fucking ass holes. They just called the owner and told him to deal with it, so he called us and told us he is on his way...but...fuck man. This is balls.

Happy you didn't get white rabbit'ed.

Sucks man

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
17-01-2016, 06:32 PM
(17-01-2016 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The owner is going to come by soon, but the prop management wont do a damn thing about it and wont reimburse me for a pump to get rid of the water or even come by to look at anything....fucking ass holes. They just called the owner and told him to deal with it, so he called us and told us he is on his way...but...fuck man. This is balls.

Happy you didn't get white rabbit'ed.

Sucks man

I have no idea where that comes from, but thank you.

17-01-2016, 06:34 PM
This happened to my upstairs neighbour last week. He has asked for a discount in his rent for the week.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 06:39 PM
(17-01-2016 06:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Happy you didn't get white rabbit'ed.

Sucks man

I have no idea where that comes from, but thank you.

If you watch the clip, "Gonzo" asks "Duke" to drop the cassetteplayer in the tub when White Rabbit peaks, which if Duke did would have "blasted him right through the wall".

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
17-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Well...we found out what is most likely the problem. The owner came over and vacumed the room for hours and it turns out that the water was not flooding in from the door in the other room like we all thought.

IT is in fact, coming from the walls themselves .

17-01-2016, 10:57 PM
(17-01-2016 10:45 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Well...we found out what is most likely the problem. The owner came over and vacumed the room for hours and it turns out that the water was not flooding in from the door in the other room like we all thought.

Well, water doesn't just come from walls, but has to come from somewhere....you live in a basement level that might have water seeping in? Burst pipe behind that wall? Plumbing from an upstairs unit leaking down a wall and into your unit?
18-01-2016, 01:17 AM
(17-01-2016 10:57 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 10:45 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Well...we found out what is most likely the problem. The owner came over and vacumed the room for hours and it turns out that the water was not flooding in from the door in the other room like we all thought.

Well, water doesn't just come from walls, but has to come from somewhere....you live in a basement level that might have water seeping in? Burst pipe behind that wall? Plumbing from an upstairs unit leaking down a wall and into your unit?

It is a basement room, the water is indeed coming from the walls. They are leaking in from heavy rain seeming into the ground and after years of damage it is seeping through the floors. There are no pipes in the stone walls of the basement.

It happened once before six months ago he told me, but he thought it was rain coming in from the doors.

If there was a burst pipe, we would hear something and the amount of water for the water bill would show that water is leaking. So because it happened before and is not a continuous problem, it is flooded ground water that has erroded the walls and is seeping in from underground. Those electrical cords that are hard cased metal that run down from power switches and run along walls into being external power outlets, I am not sure what you call those but when we first moved in, the one in my room was broken off the bottom of the wall where the stone ends just shortly before meeting the floor which means the stone had to corrode somehow.

The only way it could corrode or crack the walls like that in a short amount of time is water damage.
18-01-2016, 06:58 AM
(18-01-2016 01:17 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  It is a basement room, the water is indeed coming from the walls. They are leaking in from heavy rain seeming into the ground and after years of damage it is seeping through the floors. There are no pipes in the stone walls of the basement.

I had that. Cost me $12K in sump pumps.

#sigh