My Series, "Discovering Religion"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2011, 08:07 PM

My Series, "Discovering Religion"
Hello! I have been reading over The Thinking Atheist forum for quite a while now, but I have yet to make a post myself. I really admire this forum -- the openness of thought and freethinking that goes on here is truly exceptional. If I may, I would like to submit to you a project I have been working on for the past two years.

I am currently producing an original video series on YouTube called, "Discovering Religion". There are currently 20 episodes that have a collective run-time of over 4 hours. I also have several supplemental videos to the series that discuss many interesting topics about religion and atheism.

Although I feel a little awkward about self-promoting my channel, I am approaching 10,000 subscribers and I have received a lot of positive feedback about my videos. I have worked very hard to produce this series and I hope the contributors to this forum will find it interesting.

My series can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/discoveringreligion

I also have a website: http://discoveringreligion.net/

I hope you enjoy my videos and thanks again for making this forum so engaging.

Take care!
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 08:35 PM
RE: My Series, "Discovering Religion"
(23-07-2011 08:07 PM)DiscoveringReligion Wrote:  Hello! I have been reading over The Thinking Atheist forum for quite a while now, but I have yet to make a post myself. I really admire this forum -- the openness of thought and freethinking that goes on here is truly exceptional. If I may, I would like to submit to you a project I have been working on for the past two years.

I am currently producing an original video series on YouTube called, "Discovering Religion". There are currently 20 episodes that have a collective run-time of over 4 hours. I also have several supplemental videos to the series that discuss many interesting topics about religion and atheism.

Although I feel a little awkward about self-promoting my channel, I am approaching 10,000 subscribers and I have received a lot of positive feedback about my videos. I have worked very hard to produce this series and I hope the contributors to this forum will find it interesting.

My series can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/discoveringreligion

I also have a website: http://discoveringreligion.net/

I hope you enjoy my videos and thanks again for making this forum so engaging.

Take care!

Your series is really good!! You got my suscribeBig GrinBig Grin

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh wow, DR himself, nice to see you here, I've been following your series for probably close to a year now. I've been subscribed since around the time you released the first few episodes and have seen every one of them since then. You're very well spoken and your editing is quite appealing too, very straight forward, very informative. My favorite episodes were the few on human origins and vestigial organs, I actually used them to take notes for a debate at school and they were incredibly helpful. It's great to see you around here and I hope you stick around, this place is constantly teeming with discussion and rarely gets dull. I sure hope you have more planned for the series, you've already covered an incredibly vast array of subjects, but there's always something new to speak up on. Welcome to TTA forums, as far as I've seen this is absolutely the best place online to discuss subjects surrounding the atheist topic pool, the discussions here are in depth and interesting to say the least.

EDIT: I was unaware that you had a website, thanks for the post, I'll look into it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
24-07-2011, 12:59 AM

@Mindprowler
Thank you very much for the kind words! I am glad you have enjoyed the series and found my presentation useful. Smile This forum is very impressive. I have read quite a few threads on this forum, but there is a wealth of information here. I definitely plan to start visiting here more often. Also, thanks a lot for checking out the website. I have a few working scripts posted in the "In Progress" section, and I would enjoy recieving any feedback you might have. Take care! Smile
24-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I am also a fan of your series, one of the best things I've ever seen on youtube, must be a huge amount of work. You do an excellent job, and I recommend it to people when the opportunity arises. I've been subscribed and have been watching them since about the fourth episode. Keep up the fantastic work!

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
24-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I had never heard of your series until now, I just checked it out and I am very impressed. I just sent a link on Facebook and Twitter for all my friends and followers to check it out. Great work!

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2011, 09:19 AM

I've never heard of this series before, but it looks fantastic! I can't wait to watch some more of it Smile
24-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum DR. I watched the intro to the series, and I'm looking forward to watching more. I hope to see you contribute to some discussions around here.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Thumbs Up RE: My Series, "Discovering Religion"
Your video on predictive evolution (the one with the four types of hearths) was one of the most informative I've ever seen.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.