My Shopping Aventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 07:17 PM
My Shopping Aventure
So, today I needed mushrooms for these awesome pork chops I'm cooking. So after I ran a few errands I pop into the expensive market, because it's close and I just need a few things.

I go to the produce section, there's a woman picking through some gorgeous crimini mushrooms. She placed the ones she liked carefully into the bag. Now the crimini for some reason are like $4 a pound.

The white button ones are like a special at $1.99 a pound.

She then picked through and found around 5 or 6 large white button ones and puts them on top of the crimini in the bag and closes it up, neatly and puts it onto the cart!

Now, I have to admit, I'm thinking genius. this unknown woman is my shopping god.

Then she goes for the fancy organic apples and fills the sack (the shop uses paper bags not plastic ones) and then finds a similar non organic apple, makes sure the little tag thing is facing up, and puts it on top in the bag. Same thing with the onions (organic sweet onions) and put a few regular cheap onions on top!!!

She bought expensive organic bulk flour but....on the label she wrote the number for the regular flour. Same with rice.

I only needed mushrooms but I followed this woman...what would she do next?

In the bakery she put two expensive rolls into the bag and then got like 4 regular round ones on top.

I eventually lost track of her in beer locker.

So after getting beer and wine (picked up some lovely merlot) I'm heading for the checkout and got behind her in line! I couldn't believe the luck.

After stalking her practically throughout the store, it would be a damn shame if I never knew if the plan worked.

"No thanks I don't want a shorter line."

I can't believe it, it fucking worked. She even told the guy that she had 3 rolls and he didn't even open it! It was pretty obvious there were more than 4 rolls in there. The guy checking her stuff just looked at the whatever was on top, no tilting the bag or anything. He even pulled out the apple and looked at the tag, but no clue what was under.

What annoys me the most? I could totally never do that.
There just isn't enough larceny in me to do that. To be that bold or brazen. Nope...not me.

It was interesting to watch tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: My Shopping Aventure
Holy crap!!! This lady is methodical...

I agree with you, I could never do it. I'd get caught, and if I did t I'd feel guilty Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
21-10-2014, 07:21 PM
That's amazing!
I'm with you though, I could never accomplish that.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
21-10-2014, 07:27 PM
A clear conscience is the softest pillow

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
21-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Omg if it was me, I'd be like in the line all sweating and nervously (I'm one of those people who's voice goes up an octave or two when I'm nervous -- fuck me, I'd sound like I took a hit of helium) telling them you don't have to look at those. Lmao.

Yeah, I'd never get away with it.

Now, I'm actually feeling a little guilty that I didn't speak up to someone.

But honestly I didn't see a whole lot of staff. And how would I word it so I didn't sound completely nutty?

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2014, 07:47 PM
(21-10-2014 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg if it was me, I'd be like in the line all sweating and nervously (I'm one of those people who's voice goes up an octave or two when I'm nervous -- fuck me, I'd sound like I took a hit of helium) telling them you don't have to look at those. Lmao.

Yep, that'd be me. I even go I to guilty mode when I'm accused of something I didn't do Weeping I'm too honest.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
21-10-2014, 07:54 PM
(21-10-2014 07:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg if it was me, I'd be like in the line all sweating and nervously (I'm one of those people who's voice goes up an octave or two when I'm nervous -- fuck me, I'd sound like I took a hit of helium) telling them you don't have to look at those. Lmao.

Yep, that'd be me. I even go I to guilty mode when I'm accused of something I didn't do Weeping I'm too honest.

I know I'd be drawing so much attention to myself, I'd never ever pull it off, let alone get to the checkout line.

I once put coffee in the wrong bag (they sell a bunch of different types of coffee in bulk and the prices are all different so you have to get the right bag so they know what to charge) They were out of the bags I wanted, and forgot to tell the check out lady and drove back to tell them I made a mistake and paid the difference.

21-10-2014, 07:56 PM

Now, I'm actually feeling a little guilty that I didn't speak up to someone.

But honestly I didn't see a whole lot of staff. And how would I word it so I didn't sound completely nutty?

"You might want to check those bags, she put the cheap stuff on top."

Voila!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
21-10-2014, 08:53 PM
You could call the store and tell them what you saw and that they should check bags more carefully. Stay anonymous and maybe the lady will get her reward when she shops there again Evil_monster

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 9 users Like Colourcraze's post
21-10-2014, 08:59 PM
(21-10-2014 08:53 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  You could call the store and tell them what you saw and that they should check bags more carefully. Stay anonymous and maybe the lady will get her reward when she shops there again Evil_monster

Oooooo that's so good!!! Evil_monster