My Shopping Aventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: My Shopping Aventure
(21-10-2014 08:53 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  You could call the store and tell them what you saw and that they should check bags more carefully. Stay anonymous and maybe the lady will get her reward when she shops there again Evil_monster

Actually I might fill out one of those customer cards about it.

That's even better for me than a phone call. Smile.

I will totally do that.

Thanks!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2014, 09:12 PM
(21-10-2014 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg if it was me, I'd be like in the line all sweating and nervously (I'm one of those people who's voice goes up an octave or two when I'm nervous -- fuck me, I'd sound like I took a hit of helium) telling them you don't have to look at those. Lmao.

Yeah, I'd never get away with it.

Now, I'm actually feeling a little guilty that I didn't speak up to someone.

But honestly I didn't see a whole lot of staff. And how would I word it so I didn't sound completely nutty?

"You might want to check those bags, she put the cheap stuff on top."

Voila!

Yeah, I wasn't going to do that in the checkout line and I didn't see anyone walking through the store. Even the wine steward (who I really wanted to speak to) wasn't around.

21-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Follow her to the parking lot and Taze the bitch. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
21-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Better yet, follow her to the parking lot and tell her you want your cut for keeping quiet! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 12 users Like kim's post
21-10-2014, 11:31 PM
(21-10-2014 10:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Better yet, follow her to the parking lot and tell her you want your cut for keeping quiet! Wink

Oh crap that's totally what I should have done!!!!!!

21-10-2014, 11:41 PM
(21-10-2014 07:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, today I needed mushrooms for these awesome pork chops I'm cooking. So after I ran a few errands I pop into the expensive market, because it's close and I just need a few things.

I go to the produce section, there's a woman picking through some gorgeous crimini mushrooms. She placed the ones she liked carefully into the bag. Now the crimini for some reason are like $4 a pound.

The white button ones are like a special at $1.99 a pound.

She then picked through and found around 5 or 6 large white button ones and puts them on top of the crimini in the bag and closes it up, neatly and puts it onto the cart!

Now, I have to admit, I'm thinking genius. this unknown woman is my shopping god.

Then she goes for the fancy organic apples and fills the sack (the shop uses paper bags not plastic ones) and then finds a similar non organic apple, makes sure the little tag thing is facing up, and puts it on top in the bag. Same thing with the onions (organic sweet onions) and put a few regular cheap onions on top!!!

She bought expensive organic bulk flour but....on the label she wrote the number for the regular flour. Same with rice.

I only needed mushrooms but I followed this woman...what would she do next?

In the bakery she put two expensive rolls into the bag and then got like 4 regular round ones on top.

I eventually lost track of her in beer locker.

So after getting beer and wine (picked up some lovely merlot) I'm heading for the checkout and got behind her in line! I couldn't believe the luck.

After stalking her practically throughout the store, it would be a damn shame if I never knew if the plan worked.

"No thanks I don't want a shorter line."

I can't believe it, it fucking worked. She even told the guy that she had 3 rolls and he didn't even open it! It was pretty obvious there were more than 4 rolls in there. The guy checking her stuff just looked at the whatever was on top, no tilting the bag or anything. He even pulled out the apple and looked at the tag, but no clue what was under.

What annoys me the most? I could totally never do that.
There just isn't enough larceny in me to do that. To be that bold or brazen. Nope...not me.

It was interesting to watch tho.

I think I can afford some respect to that woman.

She be a clever one.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-10-2014, 12:02 AM
(21-10-2014 08:53 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  You could call the store and tell them what you saw and that they should check bags more carefully. Stay anonymous and maybe the lady will get her reward when she shops there again Evil_monster

You could be the Mystery Shopper that grocery store needs, not the one it deserves.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf_crifW0GQn3E-cdUWP9...kVYP7q-C2A]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-10-2014, 01:00 AM
(21-10-2014 07:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could totally never do that. There just isn't enough larceny in me to do that. To be that bold or brazen.
Owning and running your own business gives you a different perspective on the "cleverness" involved here - had a business owner witnessed that tour I'm quite sure the thief would be rethinking her "cleverness" from her new long term residence in a small room with limited amenities. I think the admiration expressed here for that shenanigan is misplaced.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
22-10-2014, 01:47 AM
(22-10-2014 01:00 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I could totally never do that. There just isn't enough larceny in me to do that. To be that bold or brazen.
Owning and running your own business gives you a different perspective on the "cleverness" involved here - had a business owner witnessed that tour I'm quite sure the thief would be rethinking her "cleverness" from her new long term residence in a small room with limited amenities. I think the admiration expressed here for that shenanigan is misplaced.

She probably would not even be arrested unless the total amount was over $300 and if it was the most likely result is a fine and being banned from the store not jail time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-10-2014, 08:00 AM
(22-10-2014 01:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 01:00 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Owning and running your own business gives you a different perspective on the "cleverness" involved here - had a business owner witnessed that tour I'm quite sure the thief would be rethinking her "cleverness" from her new long term residence in a small room with limited amenities. I think the admiration expressed here for that shenanigan is misplaced.

She probably would not even be arrested unless the total amount was over $300 and if it was the most likely result is a fine and being banned from the store not jail time.

Yep that too. Also even if she was caught, the flour and oats most of the other bulk crap would be almost impossible to prove. I've always wondered what keeps people from taking the organic almonds, and writing the number down for the non-organic ones, since they both look the same....

On the other hand, the store could be screwing its customers by saying they're different and they're really the same.