My Shopping Aventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: My Shopping Aventure
(22-10-2014 08:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 01:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She probably would not even be arrested unless the total amount was over $300 and if it was the most likely result is a fine and being banned from the store not jail time.

Yep that too. Also even if she was caught, the flour and oats most of the other bulk crap would be almost impossible to prove. I've always wondered what keeps people from taking the organic almonds, and writing the number down for the non-organic ones, since they both look the same....

On the other hand, the store could be screwing its customers by saying they're different and they're really the same.

Well, unless those 'non-organic' almonds are actually not organic, I think I'd wager that they are basically the same product. If not, I'd take it up with management as to why they are selling food which isn't food. Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 08:28 AM
(22-10-2014 08:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 01:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She probably would not even be arrested unless the total amount was over $300 and if it was the most likely result is a fine and being banned from the store not jail time.

Yep that too. Also even if she was caught, the flour and oats most of the other bulk crap would be almost impossible to prove. I've always wondered what keeps people from taking the organic almonds, and writing the number down for the non-organic ones, since they both look the same....

On the other hand, the store could be screwing its customers by saying they're different and they're really the same.

Every store has budgeted a percentage for theft. We called it shrink and included it in product that went outdated or was damaged. Different departments had different acceptable shrink levels (IIRC Meat/Seafood was 12%) Produce having the highest Grocery (center store stuff) the lowest. Considering she had actually paid for product (not everything she bought but still) and was not putting $100 items under $1 items and the cashier had inspected her stuff if a Manager would pull her to the back room (which btw you have to consent to, if you want to leave they cannot stop you legally) and the cops were called 3 hours later when an Officer did show up he would let her walk and the Store would file for a restraining order against her.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-10-2014, 09:05 AM
(22-10-2014 08:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep that too. Also even if she was caught, the flour and oats most of the other bulk crap would be almost impossible to prove. I've always wondered what keeps people from taking the organic almonds, and writing the number down for the non-organic ones, since they both look the same....

Every store has budgeted a percentage for theft. We called it shrink and included it in product that went outdated or was damaged. Different departments had different acceptable shrink levels (IIRC Meat/Seafood was 12%) Produce having the highest Grocery (center store stuff) the lowest. Considering she had actually paid for product (not everything she bought but still) and was not putting $100 items under $1 items and the cashier had inspected her stuff if a Manager would pull her to the back room (which btw you have to consent to, if you want to leave they cannot stop you legally) and the cops were called 3 hours later when an Officer did show up he would let her walk and the Store would file for a restraining order against her.

For a savings of maybe around $20 I doubt any store would go through all that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-10-2014, 09:46 AM
(22-10-2014 09:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Every store has budgeted a percentage for theft. We called it shrink and included it in product that went outdated or was damaged. Different departments had different acceptable shrink levels (IIRC Meat/Seafood was 12%) Produce having the highest Grocery (center store stuff) the lowest. Considering she had actually paid for product (not everything she bought but still) and was not putting $100 items under $1 items and the cashier had inspected her stuff if a Manager would pull her to the back room (which btw you have to consent to, if you want to leave they cannot stop you legally) and the cops were called 3 hours later when an Officer did show up he would let her walk and the Store would file for a restraining order against her.

For a savings of maybe around $20 I doubt any store would go through all that.

Depends on how wide spread this is, and whether she has been a customer for a long time. This stuff adds up fast. If it's a small business, this kind of shit can kill them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-10-2014, 09:56 AM
(22-10-2014 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 09:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  For a savings of maybe around $20 I doubt any store would go through all that.

Depends on how wide spread this is, and whether she has been a customer for a long time. This stuff adds up fast. If it's a small business, this kind of shit can kill them.

They have an operational problem and it is far beyond one lady. The fact that Moms could not find an employee is a way bigger problem and will sink them faster than lose of product. In a Grocery Store you should never be more than 50 feet from an employee, and they should be paying attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-10-2014, 09:56 AM
(22-10-2014 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 09:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  For a savings of maybe around $20 I doubt any store would go through all that.

Oh it's not a small business for them, they have many, many stores and have a few more opening.

In fact that's also why I don't like shopping there anymore (price aside). They've gotten so big they've lost their focus.

22-10-2014, 10:12 AM
I know a guy who shoplifts from big stores just because it makes him feel like he's doling out some kind of justice. He deserves a candy bar.... They don't deserve profits. BOOM.

I still couldn't do it. I've thought about grabbing a bag of m&ms and just putting them in my pocket so many times! My conscience is a sumo wrestler Weeping

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
22-10-2014, 10:26 AM
(22-10-2014 10:12 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I know a guy who shoplifts from big stores just because it makes him feel like he's doling out some kind of justice. He deserves a candy bar.... They don't deserve profits. BOOM.

I still couldn't do it. I've thought about grabbing a bag of m&ms and just putting them in my pocket so many times! My conscience is a sumo wrestler Weeping

I know, I just can't even fathom it. I'd look so guilty, they'd probably be pissed at me, thinking I tried to lift a $90 bottle of wine instead of a bag on M&Ms. Tongue

I think I would break out in hives. Shocking

22-10-2014, 12:46 PM
(22-10-2014 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 10:12 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I know a guy who shoplifts from big stores just because it makes him feel like he's doling out some kind of justice. He deserves a candy bar.... They don't deserve profits. BOOM.

I know, I just can't even fathom it. I'd look so guilty, they'd probably be pissed at me, thinking I tried to lift a $90 bottle of wine instead of a bag on M&Ms. Tongue

I think I would break out in hives. Shocking

I would likely have a neon sign pop onto my forehead saying "guilty, guilty guilty".

I wonder if this lady is a church goer.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-10-2014, 01:14 PM
(22-10-2014 10:12 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I still couldn't do it. I've thought about grabbing a bag of m&ms and just putting them in my pocket so many times! My conscience is a sumo wrestler Weeping

One time when I was a dirty high school kid, I did that accidentally. I'd picked up a chocolate bar while I was wandering around with some mates, and when I was looking at other stuff I wanted both hands free, so I dropped it in my pocket and completely forgot about it by the time we left twenty minutes later.

Now, I know for a fact that there were dozens of other kids who regularly stole stuff all the time, but somehow I'm the one who gets tackled by a cop outside the store...

... this is my signature!