My Student's first solo before an audience. Please leave comments.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
02-02-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: My Student's first solo before an audience. Please leave comments.
Go man, GO! Clap

That boy can wail! Thumbsup I love it!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Sweet! He not only has skill but creativity. A real artist. Keep him away from drugs and alcohol and keep him from pissing his money away, he'll have an awesome career for life.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
02-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(02-02-2016 06:41 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  That. . . that was AMAZING.

Holy hand-speed of a chronic masturbater, he is quick.

Thank you Sir. That was a very Batmam like description. I shall pass it on. He will love it. Smile

(02-02-2016 08:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  Wow Smile

That kid is skilled. 15 years old? He's already a monster. In a few more years... Bowing

Yeah and he's the nicest kid too. He also thinks Adults with imaginary friends are stupid. Wink

(02-02-2016 08:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Go Taso! Impressive and very talented! I can tell he had an amazing teacher Smile

I need to start every day with a drum solo, definitely what I need to get me going in the am! Tongue

Thanks Jenny, and don't we all. Smile
(02-02-2016 10:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's a great drummer.

Thanks Mate. Means a lot.

(02-02-2016 11:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  Right-on!
[Image: lighter_at_concert.jpg]

A picture....

Thanks Pablo.

(02-02-2016 12:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That was great! 15? wow.

Why thank you my good chap. I am a very proud teacher. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2016, 03:49 PM
(02-02-2016 12:19 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I thought it was real good, but I think Neil Peart is the best drummer in the world so you may not respect my opinion.

Drinking Beverage

Actually, here are my real thoughts on Mr Peart.

First of all, he has done a great job with his band, Rush. Never has he let them down. Within the music the band performs he plays accurately and with precision. He also has his own distinct solo feel. Something akin to a Miles Davis with a Clark Terry. Both very different, but both very good.

My feeling is his influence on kids who think playing like that, with a big drum fill every four bars is a good thing. This leads to over playing in the wrong setting. Many never get past this. And the results are unpleasant/ That is NOT Mr Peart's fault.

Personally I have a great deal of respect for the man, especially after what he has come through in his personal life.

(02-02-2016 01:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Go man, GO! Clap

That boy can wail! Thumbsup I love it!

He kept well within his abilities and played for the audience. That is why I am so proud. Smile

(02-02-2016 02:10 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Sweet! He not only has skill but creativity. A real artist. Keep him away from drugs and alcohol and keep him from pissing his money away, he'll have an awesome career for life.

He has been warned and as he has gotten older I have told him of many of my experiences with people who fell into those traps.

Let's hope it worked. At present, aged 15, he is very anti drug and anti alcohol.

Fingers crossed, as they say.

Thanks for looking.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
02-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Talented and a real good looking kid too! Rock star for sure. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-02-2016, 06:25 PM
(02-02-2016 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Talented and a real good looking kid too! Rock star for sure. Big Grin

[Image: 6161a92a-ef94-4b60-aa45-004f094a10d0_zpsoqnuj28p.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Very well done!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 09:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-02-2016 05:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hard at it with an all adult band, and he turned 15 that month.

Dude's a prodigy. Never heard jazz of that quality on drums alone. And he's your progeny. Well done, Banjo, well done.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 01:05 AM
(02-02-2016 07:06 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Very well done!

Yeah he did a fine job. Thanks for watching. Smile

(02-02-2016 09:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 05:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hard at it with an all adult band, and he turned 15 that month.

Dude's a prodigy. Never heard jazz of that quality on drums alone. And he's your progeny. Well done, Banjo, well done.

He works hard at it. Sadly in this country there are no drum lines or many music programs in schools.

Thanks so much GM. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Two Basses. Just like Louie Bellson. Nice.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post