My Third Question to Christians: Is Our Bible Corrupted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: My Third Question to Christians: Is Our Bible Corrupted?
(05-04-2012 08:00 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 07:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it wasn't. That's ridiculous. Ya have to go back a LOT further than that. I hate to be boring, in re-posting this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg ,
but NO ONE person wrote anything, and THERE WAS NO ONE version of anthing. They were ALL written, re-written, and re-edited.
Where does it become "magical" ? The Y source, the E source, the P source, the K source, the D source, were all "assembled". The question is :
"were the assemblers inspired" ?

Your response isn't making sense to me. I don't understand your objection. Can you clarify?

Gary

Did you watch the video ? Look for the "rearranging" source "letters". Then ask me what you don't get.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
(05-04-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 08:00 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Your response isn't making sense to me. I don't understand your objection. Can you clarify?

Gary

Did you watch the video ? Look for the "rearranging" source "letters". Then ask me what you don't get.
My ancient internet doesn't allow videos to play.
05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
(05-04-2012 08:16 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Did you watch the video ? Look for the "rearranging" source "letters". Then ask me what you don't get.

My ancient internet doesn't allow videos to play.

Well, stop at your library, and watch it. It's a good intro to the history of where Yahweh came from, when, and why they picked him, (and his wife..Ashura). You did know he had a wife, right ? Also, go look at the Islam thread. I posted a bunch of history video links from PBS yesterday. Or just search for "Burried Bible Secrets", and "From Jesus to Christ"..both PBS documentaries.

Anyway, the OT had a long and convoluted developmental history, and was re-edited, and re-assembled many times, to suit the political, and cultural environment, and needs of the time. It's too complicated to explain on line. There are well known, agreed upon source materials, (the P for Priestly source, the D for Deuteronomic source, Y for Yahwist source, the K, an unknown female source, the E for Elohist source. The "Septuagint" did not spring from nothing, and CERTAINLY no one author. (Example..read the death of Moses, in Deuteronomy, (34). Were you taught Moses wrote the Pentateuch? Well how exactly could Moses write about his own death and burial ? (in Chapter 34?))

Keep in touch. Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-04-2012, 09:27 PM
@ buckyball

that was basically the same thing I was going to post albeit a shorter version and a lack of k source.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
(05-04-2012 09:27 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  @ buckyball

that was basically the same thing I was going to post albeit a shorter version and a lack of k source.

Tongue

I'll be damned if I can find my book on the K source. I stole it from my mom. I can't even find it on Amazon. There is a big black "K" on the cover. Anyone who knows of it, or who wrote it, I NEED it.