My Thoughts On Veganism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: My Thoughts On Veganism
Humor folks...

Buy one and give it a try..

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2017, 07:23 PM
(20-03-2017 07:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 06:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A veggie burger?

Isn't that sorta like masturbating, and faking an orgasm????

If you want a burger, eat a burger....

If you want a soybean, eat a soybean...

But get crissakes....

Don't eat a soybean and call it a burger!!!!!

I wouldn't know. I don't fake my orgasms. A veggie burger doesn't taste like meat, which is why I like it. I like the toppings too--avocado, tomato, lettuce, mustard, pickles. I also eat soybeans aka tofu. The veggie burger is made out of tofu aka soybeans. So I am eating soybeans when I eat the my "burger." A meat burger would make me sick because it tastes like meat, so that doesn't work for me.

He is not actually telling you to eat a burger, he is saying a veggie burger shouldn't be called a burger because there is no hamburger.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-03-2017, 07:28 PM
(20-03-2017 07:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Humor folks...

Wink

Don't need to buy one or give it a try. Most people on here and irl think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I was just responding to your post because I have actually heard people say things like that before about the veggie burgers, and they were quite serious, so was just responding for that reason. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
20-03-2017, 07:31 PM
(20-03-2017 07:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wouldn't know. I don't fake my orgasms. A veggie burger doesn't taste like meat, which is why I like it. I like the toppings too--avocado, tomato, lettuce, mustard, pickles. I also eat soybeans aka tofu. The veggie burger is made out of tofu aka soybeans. So I am eating soybeans when I eat the my "burger." A meat burger would make me sick because it tastes like meat, so that doesn't work for me.

He is not actually telling you to eat a burger, he is saying a veggie burger shouldn't be called a burger because there is no hamburger.

Well, talk to restaurants about it because that's what they call it. Wink And with all of the things to think about in the world, this is the issue-that a veggie burger is called a burger? Start a petition Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
20-03-2017, 07:32 PM
(20-03-2017 07:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Humor folks...

Wink

Don't need to buy one or give it a try. Most people on here and irl think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I was just responding to your post because I have actually heard people say things like that before about the veggie burgers, and they were quite serious, so was just responding for that reason. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it Wink

Tongue

Taking me seriously is akin to nominating Tiny Tim or Weird AL Yankovich for a Grammy.......

While it might be appreciated, it ends up making you look rather silly...

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-03-2017, 07:33 PM
(20-03-2017 07:09 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am not vegan, but vegetarian. Would I like factory farming to be overhauled so these animals have at least one fraction of a better life? Hell yes.

That said, I have never tried to convert (and I have been vegetarian for 27 years - plenty of time for proselytizing), nor have I judged people/family when we go out to eat or at Thanksgiving.

What have I had done to me? A ragey uncle stick his red face in mine because humans are supposed to eat meat! Another person wave bacon under my nose "ahhhhhhh, soooooo good, you don't know what you're missing''
Comments about my Tofurky at Thanksgiving, etc. etc. etc. ETC.
Constant fucking questions about 'am I eating enough protein?' 'you really should eat meat while you're pregnant' and my lovely MIL who made a comment after I gained some weight a while back 'I thought vegetarians were supposed to be skinny'.
These were done to my person, I have read some real doozies online.

Unless you are a nutritionist that I hired for your professional advice, kindly STFU.

My .02

Now those are meat eaters I hate as well. Funny thing is i hate bacon (I like turkey bacon on occasions though)... and hot dogs.... I even don't like apple pie (My mom thinks I'm un-american, it's a running joke with me XD)

I get your anger, it's how I feel when I meet people who do that with me and bacon, when I don't like it.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
20-03-2017, 07:34 PM
(20-03-2017 07:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Don't need to buy one or give it a try. Most people on here and irl think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I was just responding to your post because I have actually heard people say things like that before about the veggie burgers, and they were quite serious, so was just responding for that reason. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it Wink

Tongue

Taking me seriously is akin to nominating Tiny Tim or Weird AL Yankovich for a Grammy.......

While it might be appreciated, it ends up making you look rather silly...

Heh

But there are other people on here who read posts, so I was more responding in general--not necessarily just to you--because as I say I have heard that statement before and the people making it were serious.

20-03-2017, 07:37 PM
(20-03-2017 09:12 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Why do people feel so defensive about this topic? Seems like a huge overreaction.

The reason I brought it up was because I wanted to see if my thoughts did make sense well with that I kept finding.
AKA 'Not everyone can be vegan'
was my conclusion. However I got many militaristic vegans tell me I was an idiot.

This was more so just seeing if people who were vegans or vegetarian did get where I was coming from. As I was at my witz end with some idiots.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
20-03-2017, 07:39 PM
(20-03-2017 07:37 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 09:12 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Why do people feel so defensive about this topic? Seems like a huge overreaction.

The reason I brought it up was because I wanted to see if my thoughts did make sense well with that I kept finding.
AKA 'Not everyone can be vegan'
was my conclusion. However I got many militaristic vegans tell me I was an idiot.

This was more so just seeing if people who were vegans or vegetarian did get where I was coming from. As I was at my witz end with some idiots.

I've seen many militaristic meat eaters (I'm a meat eater currently myself) tell me that veganism is stupid, so... Tongue

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
20-03-2017, 07:47 PM
(20-03-2017 10:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:31 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I agree, jennybee.

It's honestly one of the topics that makes me really defensive. Why do people even care?? I'm not force-feeding anyone quinoa!

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but there were passages in the OP which struck me as unnecessarily agitating. My antennae automatically go up when I read "triggered" used in seriousness, for instance.

Anyway, I've got nothing against vegans or vegetarians. I do, however, harbor great dislike for preachy, sanctimonious assbiscuits.

I was a bit agitated when I wrote it, mostly annoyed at some people I was. I write how I talk, often times I try to sneak in some humor with words like 'triggered' it's not meant to be serious at some parts, other times it is.

I try to keep some humor when walking to people. Which is why i used lax writing in some places and serious writing in others.

It's just how I am. Shy

- George Carlin