My Vegetarianism, under the scope.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: My Vegetarianism, under the scope.
Try growing your tomatoes indoors. No worms, squirrels, or other critters tomatoes are sensitive to. Plus, then you never have to get the leaves wet, which tomatoes hate. Just a nice rich soil, lots of perlite for water retention, and frequent transplanting. You should transplant about three times overthe lifetime of the plant (once every six to eight weeks or so) Really, tomatoes do amazing in a sunny window. A good trick is to give them some hydrogen peroxide every two weeks to oxygenate the roots. Just use the stuff from the drugstores first aid section. About three tablespoons per liter of water. For the small amount of work (way less than planting them out doors) you'll get WAY better harvests, plus they'll grow year round.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
(28-06-2012 02:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Try growing your tomatoes indoors. No worms, squirrels, or other critters tomatoes are sensitive to. Plus, then you never have to get the leaves wet, which tomatoes hate. Just a nice rich soil, lots of perlite for water retention, and frequent transplanting. You should transplant about three times overthe lifetime of the plant (once every six to eight weeks or so) Really, tomatoes do amazing in a sunny window. A good trick is to give them some hydrogen peroxide every two weeks to oxygenate the roots. Just use the stuff from the drugstores first aid section. About three tablespoons per liter of water. For the small amount of work (way less than planting them out doors) you'll get WAY better harvests, plus they'll grow year round.
That's awesome I'm currently working on growing tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, and some other herbs.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
All four will do well indoors! Peppers especially. Just remember to turn your lettuce often.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
01-07-2012, 03:39 PM
(26-02-2012 11:48 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Recently I have converted to vegetarianism. I always thought it was wrong to eat animals, but I never acted. I have done a lot of thinking as to what I would not eat, and now it has come down to dairy and eggs. At the moment I am still eating dairy products and eggs. I will reveal my rational behind it.

I am acting off well being.

Eating meat causes the death of animals.
The death of animals can be harmful and can retract happiness from the animal.
Therefore eating meat is morally wrong.

As for milk and eggs:

Obtaining milk and eggs from animals doesn't have to harm them. (If done morally)
Animals not being harmed does not retract happiness.
Therefore eating eggs and dairy is not morally wrong.

Although companies today do harm their chickens and cows when obtaining eggs and milk, that doesn't mean they have to. So just as it isn't morally wrong to buy from companies like apple because their workers overseas are treated poorly. People purchasing said products doesn't inevitably bring harm; companies are the ones directly harming employees.

I need... good arguments if and why my rational is inconsistent or incorrect. Thanks.

Hi Notso.

Admire your stance. as for me I have just changed to the Mediaranean Diet which involves a lot of fish.

Still looking into a lot of issues; I think some people may need a little fish/meat................ Huh

''Though they go mad,they shall be sane
Though they sink through the seas they shall rise again' Dylan Thomas.