My Website is Done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: My Website is Done
(15-05-2013 10:36 AM)bemore Wrote:  I kind of disagree with charging money for these things but would rather rely on donations... but that's just my personal opinion its your choice Ed.

On the Flip side though I would encourage you to write a book detailing how you do it. Like the old saying goes "Give a man a fish and he can eat for the day, teach a man to fish and he can eat for the rest of his life" and in some ways this is more generous than doing readings for free. Thumbsup

50% of donations could go to Duke University and psychic research......Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 05:21 PM
(15-05-2013 10:36 AM)bemore Wrote:  I kind of disagree with charging money for these things but would rather rely on donations... but that's just my personal opinion its your choice Ed.

On the Flip side though I would encourage you to write a book detailing how you do it. Like the old saying goes "Give a man a fish and he can eat for the day, teach a man to fish and he can eat for the rest of his life" and in some ways this is more generous than doing readings for free. Thumbsup

Yabut...

Fishing works.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-05-2013, 10:18 PM

(15-05-2013 07:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Question:
How will you deal with, if you haven't already, with negative unintended cosequences that derive from advice you give?

I've never been to an astrologer or had my dreams read so I don't know if the following are possibilities:

As a hypothetical, someone is having a problem with a personal relationship, and you read their dreams or astrology charts and they come away with the idea that the best thing to do is stay/go. They stay and their spouse beats them so badly that it puts them in a hospital or they leave and become so depressed that they take their own life.

Have you wrestled with these thoughts and how they would affect you?
If you had to defend yourself in a court of law because their family members sue you is there insurance you can get such as PLUP Huh

If a person comes to me and solicits advice, and I give them my opinion, I can't be sued for that. If I'm deliberately bilking the mentally ill, and I should have known they were mentally ill, then yeah.

It's no different than a friend asking you what you think they should do.
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 10:27 PM

(15-05-2013 08:50 AM)robotworld Wrote:  I think I missed something, did Egor switch sides again? Anyway, regardless of which side he is on, as long as he remains nice, Thumbsup

Anyway, I'm curious. How do you actually go about interpreting dreams? Do you have some sort of protocol you use to interpret dreams?

No. I just have a natural talent for seeing the symbols in dreams. I don't understand it fully, myself. To me, dreams are so obvious, it's not even a challenge. I love it when I get a challenge, but that's rare. Nevertheless, I would rather interpret other people's dreams than have dreams, myself. I'm never bored by someone's dream, because even though it's not the Divine talking to me, it is the Divine talking, and I get to listen.
15-05-2013, 10:32 PM

I'm not going to beg for anything. There is a demand. I have a talent. $3.99 is nothing to you. It's a pint of lager. To think you would begrudge me that for listening to a dream that bothers you and giving you insight into it is, frankly, nauseating.

Hey Ed, listen to my dream. Spend an hour or more thinking about it. Write up a report on it--but, oh no, I won't so much as buy you a pint down at the pub.

Ever thought about it like that?

Quote:On the Flip side though I would encourage you to write a book detailing how you do it. Like the old saying goes "Give a man a fish and he can eat for the day, teach a man to fish and he can eat for the rest of his life" and in some ways this is more generous than doing readings for free. Thumbsup

You seem to think I should still have Christian ethics. You hated me when I was a Christian, and now you want me to have Christian ethics.

...people...they never cease to amaze me. Undecided
15-05-2013, 10:38 PM

(15-05-2013 04:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 11:06 PM)Egor Wrote:  Edward J. Gordon, R.N., B.Sc.

I'm a man who took until he was 48 to realize his calling and life path.

Don't have one. If it isn't going to be Jesus Christ, then it isn't going to be anyone but the Father, Himself.

I am aware of being a slim man in his 70's who lived alone in an upstairs apartment in a white house, that had an outside staircase. I was very neat. My room was very neat. This would have been the very early 1960's. I see a clear day, like in the early summer, and I wear coveralls, but I haven't worked in a long time, and I don't know what I used to do. I died alone in my bed on that day. It wasn't traumatic at all. I don't know if I had any family. I know I didn't have a television. I sat on the bed, and I put my feet up, and that was it. And then I was a baby again--and I didn't want to be. I could have easily gone into nonexistence, but it didn't happen.

In basic training, in the Air Force, where we would line up for PT in the morning, we faced some barracks that were white with two stories with an outside staircase leading up to the second floor from the outside. And I would stare at them and feel everything from that moment. And then there was a house when I lived in Mississippi, like that just off of Highway 49 that was like that.

It's like I know the era. It was quieter back then. The town I lived in was quiet. I would go for walks, and I had gone for a walk just before I came home and laid on my bed. I was so alone, but I was used to it.

That's all I can remember.

No. Don't know 'em.

Huh?

It doesn't matter. You either learn your lessons and apply them to the lucid spiritual plane and try to sustain your universe or you reincarnate back here to learn lessons. When I think of that old man that I remember, I hate the fact that I am back here doing it all again--losing everything again. Reincarnation is hell. I can't beleive people find hope in it.

Always happy to entertain you. Drinking Beverage

Thank you. I have some really scary dreams.Unsure
Do you have a special price for bulk dream analysis?

No. I tried that once, and it doesn't work. People don't take the time to think about one dream before reporting another. Your first one is free, though. Yes
16-05-2013, 05:59 AM
(15-05-2013 10:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:On the Flip side though I would encourage you to write a book detailing how you do it. Like the old saying goes "Give a man a fish and he can eat for the day, teach a man to fish and he can eat for the rest of his life" and in some ways this is more generous than doing readings for free. Thumbsup

You seem to think I should still have Christian ethics. You hated me when I was a Christian, and now you want me to have Christian ethics.

...people...they never cease to amaze me. Undecided

1: I never hated you for being a Christian... I didn't like the arrogant and sometimes nasty way you talked to people. That's where my problem lay with you.
KC is a Christian and I don't and cant imagine myself ever hating him.

2: I never mentioned christian ethics, if my fish analogy is somehow christian, then I am unaware of that. I was merely stating that in my personal opinion if you wrote a book that people could choose to read, to then try and deduce their own translation of their dreams then that is all good Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-05-2013, 06:38 AM
My first interpretation is free?

I don't have dreams.

Interpret away.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-05-2013, 02:21 AM

(13-05-2013 07:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Perhaps:

I also believe astrology is there to show us the numinous winds that are blowing on us and have been designed into our lives to steer us toward life lessons. Understanding these benevolent or star-crossed forces helps us to accept them or to overcome them."

Give your target audience some hope.

Thanks, FC. I ended up going with your exact wording. I tried to find a better way to put it, but couldn't. Kudos. You should be an editor. Yes
17-05-2013, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2013 02:43 AM by earmuffs.)
(15-05-2013 10:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 07:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Question:
How will you deal with, if you haven't already, with negative unintended cosequences that derive from advice you give?

I've never been to an astrologer or had my dreams read so I don't know if the following are possibilities:

As a hypothetical, someone is having a problem with a personal relationship, and you read their dreams or astrology charts and they come away with the idea that the best thing to do is stay/go. They stay and their spouse beats them so badly that it puts them in a hospital or they leave and become so depressed that they take their own life.

Have you wrestled with these thoughts and how they would affect you?
If you had to defend yourself in a court of law because their family members sue you is there insurance you can get such as PLUP Huh

If a person comes to me and solicits advice, and I give them my opinion, I can't be sued for that. If I'm deliberately bilking the mentally ill, and I should have known they were mentally ill, then yeah.

It's no different than a friend asking you what you think they should do.

Actually you can be sued.
If you offer advice and that advice proves to be wrong, even if you believed that advice to be good advice, it's still wrong and you are liable for any causes a third party suffers because of your advice.
However, like all civil cases, you are only liable for damage caused by your advice, so any damage that was caused by something is not your problem.

The beautiful thing about this liability though is that it's so easy to contract out of.
Simply have clear disclaimer (must be clear and easily readable) stating that you hold no liability for any damages caused by your advice.

If you do not currently have a disclaimer and you advise someone that their dream means to invest all their money into company X and so they do and company X goes bust, YOU are liable.

note: That was your first legal advice, it was free. The rest will cost you $9.99. Any advice I give you choice what to do with at your own risk.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post