My Website is Done
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
17-05-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: My Website is Done
Egor, what makes you think you have any insight into people's dreams? Is there any particular reason why the Divine has chosen a medium for you that can't be easily disproven if false?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: My Website is Done
[Image: hE826B733]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 10:37 AM
 
RE: My Website is Done
(17-05-2013 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Egor, what makes you think you have any insight into people's dreams? Is there any particular reason why the Divine has chosen a medium for you that can't be easily disproven if false?

I have no idea what your second sentence is asking. But your first is simply this: The people whose dreams I have interpreted.
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: My Website is Done
Of course they think you have an insight into their dreams.
People that believe in that shit will believe pretty much anything you say about their dream because they believe what you are telling them is truth (even though it's complete bullshit). If they didn't believe what you say is the truth then they wouldn't purchase your services.
That is to say that due to the nature of the business you are in of course you're going to have happy customers who eat up what you say because your customers already buy into this bullshit.

Don't think you are special because you think you can interpret dreams, people who come to you already believe in this shit, it doesn't matter what you say. If anything what you do is counter productive because you enable this kind of bullshit and you just strengthen their belief in bullshit, just as they strengthen your believe that what you say is true and that you are destined to do this crap etc..

Think of it like this. There is a problem when you have two lawyers when one doesn't really know what they're talking about. He will say something that sort of sounds right. The second lawyer, his co-worker, also not really knowing assumes this lawyer does know and so nods his head and agrees as to save face and not look like he doesn't know what he is doing. This agreement then solidifies in the first lawyers mind that this other lawyer agrees so it must be right. All the while it could be complete bullshit (what I told you isn't bullshit though, seriously, get a disclaimer).

That is exactly what is happening here. You and your clients are simply reassuring each other that your stupid believes are real, when they're not.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-05-2013, 12:05 PM
 
RE: My Website is Done
(17-05-2013 11:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Of course they think you have an insight into their dreams.
People that believe in that shit will believe pretty much anything you say about their dream because they believe what you are telling them is truth (even though it's complete bullshit). If they didn't believe what you say is the truth then they wouldn't purchase your services.

You should try it, Earmuffs. For fun. There's no "cause" here to fight. I know you want to believe the world is only materialistic; I know that gives you some comfort--believe me I know. But maybe there's more to things than just dirt and water. Consider

Quote:That is to say that due to the nature of the business you are in of course you're going to have happy customers who eat up what you say because your customers already buy into this bullshit.

Don't think you are special because you think you can interpret dreams, people who come to you already believe in this shit, it doesn't matter what you say. If anything what you do is counter productive because you enable this kind of bullshit and you just strengthen their belief in bullshit, just as they strengthen your believe that what you say is true and that you are destined to do this crap etc..

Okay, so let's say that's all true. And let's say you're right, we live in a materialistic universe only. Then what difference does it make what we believe? If people feel better as a result, why do you feel the need to change them? To what end? If we're all just ashes to ashes, then who's hurt by an astrology reading? Who's hurt by going ghost hunting or having a seance?

Quote:Think of it like this. There is a problem when you have two lawyers when one doesn't really know what they're talking about. He will say something that sort of sounds right. The second lawyer, his co-worker, also not really knowing assumes this lawyer does know and so nods his head and agrees as to save face and not look like he doesn't know what he is doing. This agreement then solidifies in the first lawyers mind that this other lawyer agrees so it must be right. All the while it could be complete bullshit (what I told you isn't bullshit though, seriously, get a disclaimer).

I have a disclaimer on the online forms, an obvious one, and I'm wondering if you can cite a case?

Quote:That is exactly what is happening here. You and your clients are simply reassuring each other that your stupid believes are real, when they're not.

Possibly. Or possibly, there is a Divine Source and it really does want us to grown in this life so as to make a better life in the hereafter. You really don't know, do you? I mean, I know you think you know, but you really only believe what you think you know. Forever, man has believed in the Divine and the psychic gifts. Your materialism is just a product of a technologically comfortable society. You ignore the fact that even if we get quantum computers some day, we will never be able to answer the big questions with them: Why are we here? Is there an afterlife? Do I reincarnate? My dream really bothers me, what does it mean? Is there a fate in my life? These are the same questions that have been going on forever, and cannot be answered by materialism. No
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2013 01:07 PM by earmuffs.)
RE: My Website is Done
Quote:You should try it, Earmuffs. For fun. There's no "cause" here to fight. I know you want to believe the world is only materialistic; I know that gives you some comfort--believe me I know. But maybe there's more to things than just dirt and water. Consider

You still don't get it. I don't want to believe anything. I accept things based on proof. The Earth orbits the Sun, fact. You can work that out, there is proof to that.
etc..
I don't want to believe that. I think you ask any atheist, 99% will tell you they would LOVE for a god to exist and they get transported to some mystical happy place after they die. Johnny could finally be united with his Gywnnies and the heavens could rejoice.
BUT there is ZERO, nudda, nothing, zilch proof for that or any other god for that matter, so I simply cannot accept God and other faith based things as fact.

This doesn't mean I don't have faith, this just means I use it less. ie: If you say you'll be around tomorrow to pick up something I have faith that you will be around tomorrow to pick up something. When tomorrow comes around then the evidence will be present if you do come around or not.

My point is, me (and atheists in general) don't want to believe anything, we simply believe based on the evidence we know.
When you understand this you might understand atheist a little better but this has been my biggest problem with you that you simply cannot get your head around this. You assume we want to believe this or want to believe that. want want want, you keep using that word.

Quote:Okay, so let's say that's all true. And let's say you're right, we live in a materialistic universe only. Then what difference does it make what we believe? If people feel better as a result, why do you feel the need to change them? To what end?

You are aware of how hypocritical you sound right now right? Just the other day you were all "I'm here to destroy all atheists!!!!!rawr!!"...

But for me it's simple, you and these people are wrong. Sure, it may have some good points but it's still a load of crap and it's still counter productive intellectually in society.

Quote:If we're all just ashes to ashes, then who's hurt by an astrology reading? Who's hurt by going ghost hunting or having a seance?

Society for having these medieval believes in a 21st century that have not a single bases of proof.
And as I said, you and your client by strengthening your crazy believes through each other.

Quote:I have a disclaimer on the online forms, an obvious one, and I'm wondering if you can cite a case?

Good. I could but it would mean going through my lecture notes or text books (I study Commercial Law) and they'd be New Zealand, Australian or British cases (most likely British). Just trust me, it's commercial law 101.

I do remember a NZ case but can't for the life of me think of who it was between.

Quote:You really don't know, do you?

Neither do you. The difference is I don't pretend to know.
"but you're an atheist who "know" God doesn't exist"
No.. I'm an atheist because there is no proof to God. Show me god and I will remove the A from my A-theism.

YOU however are pretending to know and charging people too!

Quote:I mean, I know you think you know, but you really only believe what you think you know.

huh?
I know what I know (because I know it) and I think X is real or X is not real based on what I know (which also includes what I don't know, because I know what I don't know).

Quote: Forever, man has believed in the Divine and the psychic gifts. Your materialism is just a product of a technologically comfortable society.

No no no no (are you a young earth creationist btw??). Man has only been around, about 12,00 years. And of that time man has not always believed in the divine.
My material world, Earth, has been around 4.6 Billion years...
Also, because this person believes X doesn't mean it's true.

However many people believe Islam is the true religion, doesn't mean it's true.
However many people believe Hinduism to be the true religion, doesn't mean it's true.
Hell, even Christianity hasn't been around all that long. Before it were many many many many different Gods that people believed in, why are they not true but that one over there is?

Just because people believe doesn't make it true...
And again, I am an atheist because of evidence presented before me, not because some guy I know is an atheist...

Quote:You ignore the fact that even if we get quantum computers some day, we will never be able to answer the big questions with them: Why are we here? Is there an afterlife? Do I reincarnate? My dream really bothers me, what does it mean? Is there a fate in my life?

I have a brilliant picture for this:

[Image: 70qmv.jpg]


You are right, there are questions that will never know the answer too.
But just because we will never know the answer does not mean we need to force an answer like what you, and religion, are doing.
You are forcing answers that simply do not fit and you cannot accept that there is somethings we cannot answer whether it's scientifically or not.

Don't force an answer Egor. If you want truth, if you seek truth, then accept that there are gaps and you cannot and will not be able to fill these gaps (answer certain questions). When you accept this Egor you may have a very... enlighten outlook on life, I dunno.

Why do you even do it Egor? Why do you try so hard to make answers fit to these questions you have?
Why is it so important for you for example to know if there is afterlife or not? Would it simple not be better if you just lived as if there wasn't, live for the worst case scenario, hope for the best? Afterall, if there is or if there's not, there is NOTHING you can do about it anyway.

Quote:These are the same questions that have been going on forever, and cannot be answered. No

fixt.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 03:53 PM
 
RE: My Website is Done
(17-05-2013 01:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You still don't get it. I don't want to believe anything. I accept things based on proof. The Earth orbits the Sun, fact. You can work that out, there is proof to that.
etc..

I don't want to believe that. I think you ask any atheist, 99% will tell you they would LOVE for a god to exist and they get transported to some mystical happy place after they die. Johnny could finally be united with his Gywnnies and the heavens could rejoice.

BUT there is ZERO, nudda, nothing, zilch proof for that or any other god for that matter, so I simply cannot accept God and other faith based things as fact.

This doesn't mean I don't have faith, this just means I use it less. ie: If you say you'll be around tomorrow to pick up something I have faith that you will be around tomorrow to pick up something. When tomorrow comes around then the evidence will be present if you do come around or not.

My point is, me (and atheists in general) don't want to believe anything, we simply believe based on the evidence we know.

When you understand this you might understand atheist a little better but this has been my biggest problem with you that you simply cannot get your head around this. You assume we want to believe this or want to believe that. want want want, you keep using that word.

Why should I understand atheists? Over 20 years I've been hanging out with atheists, there's always someone telling me I don't understand atheists. It's like you guys think you're an alien race or something. You're not that hard to figure out. You are materialists, and you are walking that life path. Apparently, you need to.

Quote:You are aware of how hypocritical you sound right now right? Just the other day you were all "I'm here to destroy all atheists!!!!!rawr!!"...

Yeah, but I flip-flopped. And you know what? I flip-flopped time and again in order to work out my issues. My issues are now worked out.

Quote:[quote]If we're all just ashes to ashes, then who's hurt by an astrology reading? Who's hurt by going ghost hunting or having a seance?

And what do you think we should all do instead? Design more cell phone apps?

Quote:Good. I could but it would mean going through my lecture notes or text books (I study Commercial Law) and they'd be New Zealand, Australian or British cases (most likely British). Just trust me, it's commercial law 101.

In the U.S. we have a guaranteed freedom of speech. Since Astrology and Dream interpretation are also part of my religious practice, both are guaranteed under the first amendment of our constitution.

Quote:YOU however are pretending to know and charging people too!

You can just reset right now. I'm not pretending anything.

I believe I do know. Time and again I have been right, and I've helped a lot of people. And my time is valuable to me, and I have a right to make a living off of what I do well. My prices are lower than anyone else's, and I even do an initial dream interpretation for free.

So, if you don't like it--wannabe lawyer who will pretend to be able to help his clients--bite me. [Image: moon1.gif]

Quote:Why is it so important for you for example to know if there is afterlife or not? Would it simple not be better if you just lived as if there wasn't, live for the worst case scenario, hope for the best? Afterall, if there is or if there's not, there is NOTHING you can do about it anyway.

More like: If there isn't, I won't know it. If there is, I will have prepared for it and my life will have been richer for doing so. I have my reasons and my evidence. You shut yourself off to all evidence and then claim that you have some great advanced knowledge. What it really is is that I'm trying to evolve to a higher level and you want to devolve back to the animal state.

You act like you can enjoy life even if it's only for the relatively few years you have of it. You can't. All you can do is block out the fact that you will lose it, and there is no happiness in that. Even happiness doesn't matter if atheism is true, now that I think about it. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: My Website is Done
(15-05-2013 10:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 07:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Question:
How will you deal with, if you haven't already, with negative unintended cosequences that derive from advice you give?

I've never been to an astrologer or had my dreams read so I don't know if the following are possibilities:

As a hypothetical, someone is having a problem with a personal relationship, and you read their dreams or astrology charts and they come away with the idea that the best thing to do is stay/go. They stay and their spouse beats them so badly that it puts them in a hospital or they leave and become so depressed that they take their own life.

Have you wrestled with these thoughts and how they would affect you?
If you had to defend yourself in a court of law because their family members sue you is there insurance you can get such as PLUP Huh

If a person comes to me and solicits advice, and I give them my opinion, I can't be sued for that. If I'm deliberately bilking the mentally ill, and I should have known they were mentally ill, then yeah.

It's no different than a friend asking you what you think they should do.

You didn't address the part of having contemplated the personal repercussions of how you would feel and if you are emotionally prepared for bad things happening BECAUSE of your paid for advice.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 09:45 PM
 
RE: My Website is Done
(17-05-2013 09:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 10:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  If a person comes to me and solicits advice, and I give them my opinion, I can't be sued for that. If I'm deliberately bilking the mentally ill, and I should have known they were mentally ill, then yeah.

It's no different than a friend asking you what you think they should do.

You didn't address the part of having contemplated the personal repercussions of how you would feel and if you are emotionally prepared for bad things happening BECAUSE of your paid for advice.

If someone wants me to take the time to analyze their chart or their dream and tell them what I think it symbolizes, then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not telling anyone they have to "follow my advice." I'm telling them what I see. Everyone is responsible for the decisions they make. If I tell someone their astrological chart shows it's a good time to buy a house, then that's what their chart shows. That's where my responsibility ends. I'm a psychic not a god.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: My Website is Done
Egor: What should you do? I would suggest "Roast in Hell", but I don't believe in such a place. Maybe you should consider making an honest living. Because what you are doing is dishonest, and has the potential to harm those foolish enough to believe you. You may be having fun, pulling advice out of your ass for your clients. But some of them will believe your lies or delusions (whichever they are). If you are not a mental health proffessional, who is concerned for your clients: GO AWAY! Leave them alone! Keep your mouth shut, you idiot!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: