My Wife the Believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: My Wife the Believer
(29-12-2014 12:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Given your claim that you've been on Internet forums for the past 20 years, it's surprising to me that you haven't heard that phrase before.

I know what a faggot is. I still have no idea what that has to do with this thread or the OP.

All I can see so far is that a swarming mob of juvenile dogma chanting buttheads appears to be trying to run off one of this forum's few good writers. Hope I'm wrong on that though.

Tomasia, if you're still here, perhaps this will help....

The forum mods have generously offered to modify what they call "The Boxing Ring" so that we can create threads that are closed to everyone but those that are specifically invited. If I understand correctly, anyone can start such a thread, and invite whoever they wish.

I'm hoping to find a handful of interesting and intelligent folks to share that private space with. You would surely meet that standard in my opinion, and I'd be most happy to hear more from you there. I'll PM you with an invite in a bit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 02:06 PM
(29-12-2014 01:58 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 12:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Given your claim that you've been on Internet forums for the past 20 years, it's surprising to me that you haven't heard that phrase before.

I know what a faggot is. I still have no idea what that has to do with this thread or the OP.

All I can see so far is that a swarming mob of juvenile dogma chanting buttheads appears to be trying to run off one of this forum's few good writers.

OK. So you're arguing with Vosur over his comment but refer to Tomasia as "one of the forum's few good writers" after having read the screencap he posted?!? Blink

I think this demonstrates quite eloquently how Baba Bozo regards truth and knowledge.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-12-2014, 02:08 PM
(29-12-2014 01:58 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I'm hoping to find a handful of interesting and intelligent folks to share that private space with. You would surely meet that standard in my opinion, and I'd be most happy to hear more from you there. I'll PM you with an invite in a bit.

Why is it not surprising that a theist is the person you'd find most compatible with your views?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-12-2014, 02:13 PM
(29-12-2014 02:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why is it not surprising that a theist is the person you'd find most compatible with your views?
Consider

It's that what the missing mystery screen shot supposedly proves, that he's really a theist, posing as an atheist?
29-12-2014, 02:18 PM
(29-12-2014 02:13 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 02:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why is it not surprising that a theist is the person you'd find most compatible with your views?
Consider

It's that what the missing mystery screen shot supposedly proves, that he's really a theist, posing as an atheist?

Was there any doubt?

Your true position isn't a big secret either.
29-12-2014, 02:41 PM
So, the idea was he's a theist who's come here pretending to be an atheist, but praising his wife who's a theist because she has what he doesn't have?

Why do that? Why not just come on board and proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ and take the hits for it? Everyone's ashamed of Christ these days. Not me. [Image: no2.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 02:47 PM
(29-12-2014 02:41 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, the idea was he's a theist who's come here pretending to be an atheist, but praising his wife who's a theist because she has what he doesn't have?

Why do that? Why not just come on board and proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ and take the hits for it? Everyone's ashamed of Christ these days. Not me. [Image: no2.gif]

Makes for better trolling.

Plus, not everyone has been as fortunate as you to be touched on the anus by Christ himself.
29-12-2014, 03:00 PM
(29-12-2014 02:41 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, the idea was he's a theist who's come here pretending to be an atheist, but praising his wife who's a theist because she has what he doesn't have?

I was not talking about Tomasia. I don't know if Bozo is a theist or not, but he sure argues like one. He may not be but I am not at all surprised that he finds theistic thinking praiseworthy. It certainly fits the image that he has presented here.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-12-2014, 03:21 PM
(29-12-2014 02:13 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  It's that what the missing mystery screen shot supposedly proves, that he's really a theist, posing as an atheist?

No. It was pretty obvious to me that Tomasia was a theist. He was posing as a rational theist. The screencap that he posted just demonstrates that he's a complete asshole who consoles his grieving wife with lurid descriptions of the torment that he believes her dearly departed friend may be suffering in hell.

No. So far as I can see Tomasia was pretty up front about being a theist. A quick search of his previous posts reveals that in short order. He was praising his wife as another theist. One better than him.

It turns out that takes little talent. As the screencap demonstrates, he's the sort that not only thinks god will send all us non-Christians to an eternity of torment, not only believes that that is the moral thing to do, but takes a certain glee in the eternal suffering of all those thus damned.

If that's morality you can keep it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Honestly, I can't keep up with this string. What I do know is the guy who wrote and originally posted that text sequence, the OP of this string, is an atheist pretending to be a theist. He's a Poe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user