My Wifes first TTA episode

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: My Wifes first TTA episode
(17-02-2013 12:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 06:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Egor: So if you didn't believe in God you couldn't love your wife, you would cheat on her with prostitutes, and you would kill yourself and your wife once your children have left the nest?
This is got to be one of the worst, least moral things you have said in a while. So how's that role as Senior Chaplain going?

You think what I said is immoral? You think the truth is immoral? How dark your light is. If I were a true atheist, of which only a few of you in here are, and if in fact atheism were true and there was no God, there is no telling what I might do or what you might do. It would depend on how we were stimulated by our environment, wouldn't it?

I love it when I point out the implications of atheism to atheists they consider me an immoral monster. You're the atheist, not me. Remember?

"Religion is defined as the belief in and worship of a super human controlling power, and atheism is... precisely not that..."

Egor, you've been drinking your own Kool-Aid so long, you've forgotten that it's actually piss...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-02-2013, 02:21 PM
(17-02-2013 12:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 06:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Egor: So if you didn't believe in God you couldn't love your wife, you would cheat on her with prostitutes, and you would kill yourself and your wife once your children have left the nest?
This is got to be one of the worst, least moral things you have said in a while. So how's that role as Senior Chaplain going?

You think what I said is immoral? You think the truth is immoral? How dark your light is. If I were a true atheist, of which only a few of you in here are, and if in fact atheism were true and there was no God, there is no telling what I might do or what you might do. It would depend on how we were stimulated by our environment, wouldn't it?

I love it when I point out the implications of atheism to atheists they consider me an immoral monster. You're the atheist, not me. Remember?

Sorry, Eddie, you don't get to define 'atheist'. So piss off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I recommend these:

- Worshipping ignorance
- Coming out letter
- Why do you believe?

They're my all times favorites. A powerful message, good for any Christian even without hearing of Seth beforehand. A bit heavy stuff, Seth's normally a bit more laid-back guy so it might be a bit misleading, but it really gets the point across.
18-02-2013, 09:21 AM
(17-02-2013 12:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 12:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  If I were a true atheist [...]
What's a "true" atheist again? Consider
This is along the same lines as "legitimate rape" and "honest rape." We should call this form of the No True Scotsman fallacy the annoying cock fallacy.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Okay, so the trip turned out to be very fun! We did a lot of drinking at the pub and hanging out with some old friends.

I did let her listen to a podcast of TTA while I was driving and afterwards had a conversation with her about what she thought. She explained that our love is more important to her than religion. She told me that she will continue to go to church off and on and I told her that I will still go to the gym while shes gone.

The main point that I wanted her to understand is that most of us are not crazy pissed off people that have had a troubled life before becoming atheists (Thats what I was taught atheists were when I was a christian) and that christians are sometimes worse people than atheists were. I wanted her to know that your religion does not define you, your actions define you. After she said that she understood that I was still the same man she started dating years ago she loves me more because I do not let an unpopular idea change his mind on what he believes we started talking about what we were going to put in the garden this year.

So no conversions or deconversions happened and really... I didnt care if it did or not.

Thank you all for helping me decide what to let her listen to. I cant exactly remember what I played for her but I know it was one that I felt like was an easy listen and entertaining for the both of us. I really appreciate the TTA community and will be on here more often now I know who I am working with.

To Egor... The fact that you feel you have the time to troll the internet looking for people that differ in your ideas simply amazes me. A better use of your time should be spent strengthening your own relationship with your wife, husband, kids, parents, sky daddy, etc. How about you take the time and think about how you will stay out of my relationship and understand that when I read your post I laughed. Just like Chas posted to your terrible argument... piss off.
[+] 2 users Like clybrad's post
26-02-2013, 12:46 PM
That sounds like a happy ending, no pun intended. I think it is important to talk about the differences once in a while. Be true to yourselves and to each other. That is what will define your relationship.
26-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Yay I love a happy ending! Wishing you continued happiness!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

26-02-2013, 02:56 PM
(26-02-2013 12:37 PM)clybrad Wrote:  Okay, so the trip turned out to be very fun! We did a lot of drinking at the pub and hanging out with some old friends.

I did let her listen to a podcast of TTA while I was driving and afterwards had a conversation with her about what she thought. She explained that our love is more important to her than religion. She told me that she will continue to go to church off and on and I told her that I will still go to the gym while shes gone.

The main point that I wanted her to understand is that most of us are not crazy pissed off people that have had a troubled life before becoming atheists (Thats what I was taught atheists were when I was a christian) and that christians are sometimes worse people than atheists were. I wanted her to know that your religion does not define you, your actions define you. After she said that she understood that I was still the same man she started dating years ago she loves me more because I do not let an unpopular idea change his mind on what he believes we started talking about what we were going to put in the garden this year.

So no conversions or deconversions happened and really... I didnt care if it did or not.

Thank you all for helping me decide what to let her listen to. I cant exactly remember what I played for her but I know it was one that I felt like was an easy listen and entertaining for the both of us. I really appreciate the TTA community and will be on here more often now I know who I am working with.

To Egor... The fact that you feel you have the time to troll the internet looking for people that differ in your ideas simply amazes me. A better use of your time should be spent strengthening your own relationship with your wife, husband, kids, parents, sky daddy, etc. How about you take the time and think about how you will stay out of my relationship and understand that when I read your post I laughed. Just like Chas posted to your terrible argument... piss off.

She sounds like a great gal. Well done.

I love pubs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Congrats clybrad.

Also maybe it's because i'm new and do not understand the intricacies at play here, but Egor seems like a troll to me.
26-02-2013, 03:25 PM
(26-02-2013 03:22 PM)Techgorilla Wrote:  Also maybe it's because i'm new and do not understand the intricacies at play here, but Egor seems like a troll to me.
Egor is the troll to end all trolls. Troll supreme. The mother (father, aunt, uncle and the whole kin) of all trolls. Troll extraordinaire. Trollissimo.

Ultimately, someone that one would pity, if he wasn't filled with so much hate.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post