My YouTube Video Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2011, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 03:07 PM by oliethefolie.)
My YouTube Video Thread
Since I post a lot of videos I have decided to just make a thread that I shall update with new videos rather than make a new thread. Maybe encourage a few of you to subscribe to my channel Smile

My latest video is pretty much a clarification of my dickish last video about the misuse of the term agnostic.
Some sad dickhead hit this video with a +20 dislikes votebot (it already had one dislike which was to be expected). It would be appreciated some people liked it because it was one of my favourite videos I've done.

I am not arrogant, merely right.

A response to idiots who call me racist.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: My YouTube Video Thread
Definitely an improvement on the last video. The calmer tone works a lot better me thinks. Can't really comment on the whole 'accent' issue that was previously raised as I'm also English and didn't have any problems understanding the last video.

Gotta say though, congrats on having the balls to get another video out so quickly after the last one took quite a bashing, musta taken real guts.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2011, 08:45 PM
(29-06-2011 08:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Definitely an improvement on the last video. The calmer tone works a lot better me thinks. Can't really comment on the whole 'accent' issue that was previously raised as I'm also English and didn't have any problems understanding the last video.

Gotta say though, congrats on having the balls to get another video out so quickly after the last one took quite a bashing, musta taken real guts.

Not really, I took on the criticism like a MAN Tongue. I didn't even think it was that good of an idea and was merely treading the water to see if people did like it.
Turns out they didn't Smile

I have settled on a calmer tone now similar to the one in that video and have decided that's how I shall do videos from now on.

Thanks for the comment.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
30-06-2011, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 07:38 AM by oliethefolie.)
Some sad dickhead hit my latest video with a +20 dislikes votebot (it already had one dislike which was to be expected). It would be appreciated some people liked it because it was one of my favourite videos I've done.

-DA
30-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, this is the risk you have to take. Don't let it discourage you, if you think you should continue, do it. And I like your signature, It appears a lot of atheist read Hitchhikers Guide. I've seen at least 5 people here with quotes from the book. I just love how they kill God... "and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic"

Smile

PUFF!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-06-2011, 01:29 PM
(30-06-2011 08:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, this is the risk you have to take. Don't let it discourage you, if you think you should continue, do it. And I like your signature, It appears a lot of atheist read Hitchhikers Guide. I've seen at least 5 people here with quotes from the book. I just love how they kill God... "and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic"

Smile

PUFF!

If you haven't read the Guide, I strongly suggest you do. Great books.

-DA
30-06-2011, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 02:48 PM by Stark Raving.)
Much better Olie! The tone of the video is much more genuine. This one is like listening to you share your ideas instead of playing a "character".

I would suggest that if you ae going to follow a script, first, pin it up just above the camera. You will be able to reference it without looking so far away, and since you wear glasses, the eye movement won't likely show at all. It would make the video even more natural. Second, I get the feeling that these are "single take" videos. If that's the case, try to be a little more conscious of rambling. A few times you kinda went off on a mumbling tangent. You recovered quickly though.

All in all, I'd say it's a vast improvement. Keep at it, and good on ya for taking critisism so well!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I like this video much more, I can understand everything you say in it. I also liked how you explained the difference in agnostic-atheist-theist more clearly.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
30-06-2011, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 02:17 PM by oliethefolie.)
Thanks for the comments.
Stark Raving, I shall take your criticism on board. Thanks for that, I'll try to mumble less.

-DA
30-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I just added a new video, please comment.

-DA