My analysis of the evidence offered for the resurrection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: My analysis of the evidence offered for the resurrection
(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  What staggers to amaze me is that all those in this topic who claim to be atheist have so much to say about the Christian religion, most are studying the Christian faith so deeply in fact that it makes me wonder why ?

I believe in no such thing as an atheist.
The definition of atheist is that you believe in no religion yet most atheists can not help themselves from studying religion trying to find points to argue about.

Yet as Christians every single one of us, Catholic, Methodist, Calvinist will have at one point experienced true love and the Holy Spirit. We have something that we live for and makes us smile and generally happy people yet atheists like yourselves do not.

Of course you will experience great joy but I assure you that not one will have as much pleasure and deep joy as a Christian does.

Undoubtedly you will argue against this as that is what atheists do and what they love to do yet in my opinion that is rather sad.
I pity you.
Yet I hope and pray that you understand and come to terms with what most of you so desperately try to work out and question all the time.

Smile

Take your friggin pity elsewhere - how obnoxious. The joy I get from reality and mocking faith is more than yours is from delusion - now prove me wrong!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
29-01-2014, 04:12 PM
(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  What staggers to amaze me is that all those in this topic who claim to be atheist have so much to say about the Christian religion, most are studying the Christian faith so deeply in fact that it makes me wonder why ?

The definition of atheist is that you believe in no religion yet most atheists can not help themselves from studying religion trying to find points to argue about.

Yet as Christians every single one of us, Catholic, Methodist, Calvinist will have at one point experienced true love and the Holy Spirit. We have something that we live for and makes us smile and generally happy people yet atheists like yourselves do not.

Of course you will experience great joy but I assure you that not one will have as much pleasure and deep joy as a Christian does.

Undoubtedly you will argue against this as that is what atheists do and what they love to do yet in my opinion that is rather sad.
I pity you.
Yet I hope and pray that you understand and come to terms with what most of you so desperately try to work out and question all the time.

Smile

What "staggers to amaze me" is that you never seem to have read Prov. 16:18. Here let me quote it for you, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Your name and post both belie the verse.

You continue to pray for us while we will continue to think for you.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
30-01-2014, 06:08 AM

I pity you.

Smile

PC,

Once I met a young boy (about 13) who still believed in Santa. He told me he felt pity for all his friends who are not able to feel the joy and anticipations before Christmas.

I am not sure who should be pitied, really.

Ciao

- viole
[+] 3 users Like viole's post
30-01-2014, 06:13 AM

I pity you.

Smile

Post Created: Yesterday, 03:31 PM

[Image: iNNKTuW.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2014, 08:34 AM

The pity runs both ways, I assure you. You do whatever you need to reconcile the existence of well studied, careful, moral people who reject your god proposition with the fact that your god certainly does and must exist. Then, do whatever you need to reconcile what you think your god will do to those people for the crime of disbelief with the all loving nature of your god that certainly does exist and must exist. I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardise the faith you have - at least until I have gotten to know you Wink

Welcome to the forum.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-01-2014, 09:00 AM
(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  I believe in no such thing as an atheist.

Gods. We lack belief in gods. And more than just your god, because there are quite a few out there. Even the bible mentions them.

(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  Of course you will experience great joy but I assure you that not one will have as much pleasure and deep joy as a Christian does.

Or a muslim. Or a buddhist. Don't be so exclusive! Tongue

(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  Undoubtedly you will argue against this as that is what atheists do and what they love to do yet in my opinion that is rather sad.

How many people does it take to argue (debate is a better word)? Who, do you think, the second person in an atheist debate usually is?

(29-01-2014 03:31 PM)ProudChristian Wrote:  I pity you.

PleaseJesus, is this you???

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?