My answer to GWG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: My answer to GWG
(25-10-2015 04:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
I don't know? Do theirs equate to global peace, unity, benefit, and advancement of all existence under the actual direction of the One Creator GOD?

"global peace, unity, benefit, and advancement of all existence" are worthy objectives.

How does your pro-slavery stance advance these goals?

Dodgy

(25-10-2015 07:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
Or you can ignore what I say.

Doing that.

Drinking Beverage

(25-10-2015 09:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 07:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You really don't have to answer that as I don't really care for your stance anyway. It seems quite useless to be honest.

I assumed as much. Thanks for confirming your intent.

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking ... Thumbsup

Can I press the button, please.

Pretty please?

Heart

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-10-2015, 12:14 AM
(25-10-2015 04:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Reading comprehension not very high today pops?

First book of the two I recommended for you was written by Lawrence Boadt.

Lawrence Edward Boadt, C.S.P. (October 26, 1942 – July 24, 2010), was an American Paulist priest and Biblical scholar, who advocated on behalf of improved communication and understanding between Christians and Jews.

Boadt was born in Los Angeles, California, on October 26, 1942. After high school, he entered the novitiate of the Paulist Fathers in Vineland, New Jersey, where he made his initial promises as a member of the congregation on September 8, 1962.

He then earned bachelor's and master's degrees from St. Paul's College in Washington, D.C., the house of formation for the Paulist Fathers. He received ordination as a priest in 1969 and then attended The Catholic University of America, where he was awarded a master's degree and a Licentiate in Theology. At the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome, Boadt was granted a licentiate in Sacred Scripture and a Doctorate in Biblical Studies and Near Eastern languages. He taught at Fordham University, St. John's University and at the Washington Theological Union.

Boadt was selected to serve as the scripture editor of the Paulist Press, a publishing house established by the Paulist Fathers in 1881. His 1984 book Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction was intended to explain the Old Testament to Christians. He deeply believed in the principle that Christians could best understand their faith by studying Judaism and suggested that Christians "could gain some feeling for the Old Testament by attending a Friday night Sabbath service at a local temple or synagogue". Other books he authored include the 1980 work Ezekiel's Oracles Against Egypt: A Literary and Philological Study of Ezekiel 29-32, the 1986 book Introduction to Wisdom Literature, Proverbs and the 1999 text Why I Am a Priest: Thirty Success Stories. He was named President of the Paulist Press in 1998, holding that position until shortly before his death and overseeing the publishing of an average of 80 books annually.

yeah.......
That's cool. Probably an interesting read. Yah lost me when you said Catholic though. His education was based in human flaw and intentional misdirection if it was, or is based in traditional Catholicism. I wasn't talking about any particular books. More of the sum. Admittedly only skimmed descriptions as they didn't look to be scriptures. I attest that any outside interpretation or offshoots of base scriptures allows for more discrepancies and misdirection.

Grasping for any single factitious point in an attempt to dismiss an entire argument, the calling card of confirmation bias.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-10-2015, 05:17 AM
(25-10-2015 03:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  GwG - your patience is admirable.

I look at it as sometimes the adult thinkers in the world have to cross the room, and sit at the kiddy table with the believers, and explain, "Yes, sadly Santa Claus, the Great Pumpkin, Easter Bunny, Bigfoot, SpongeBob, and jesus are all made up characters"...even as they stomp up and down and declare loudly, "nuh-unhhh!"

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-10-2015, 05:55 AM
(26-10-2015 05:17 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  GwG - your patience is admirable.

I look at it as sometimes the adult thinkers in the world have to cross the room, and sit at the kiddy table with the believers, and explain, "Yes, sadly Santa Claus, the Great Pumpkin, Easter Bunny, Bigfoot, SpongeBob, and jesus are all made up characters"...even as they stomp up and down and declare loudly, "nuh-unhhh!"

[Image: jesuschrist_zpssql5kdnr.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-10-2015, 07:52 AM
(24-10-2015 11:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  GOODWITHOUTGOD:
"Now, the question I have, is why can people easily believe the Jesus fairy tale, yet dismiss stories of aliens, fairies, or even bigfoot? "

ALLA:
Because :
1) Jesus's story gives me hope and peace and happiness.
2) it helps me to be a better person so I can have eternal life.
3) I can have Spirit with me
4) and He(Spirit) gives me answers to many questions.
5) He(Spirit) warns me when there is a danger.
6)He(Spirit) reminds me things that I forget but very important to be remembered.

My question to GWG:
I may easily believe in Bigfoot but if it gives me nothing what is the point?

I suppose I should answer the question GWG forgot to ask me about why I believe in leprechauns.

1) The promise of the pot of gold gives me hope and peace and happiness.
2) it helps me to be a better person so I can a pot of gold.
3) I can have a tiny, green-clad man with me
4) and he gives me answers to many questions.
5) He warns me when there is a danger.
6)He reminds me things that I forget but very important to be remembered.
7) He tells me when I've had too much to drink, and won't let me drive drunk.

I mean, sure, I can't prove that leprechauns exist, but you can't prove they don't, and the belief makes me happy!
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-10-2015, 08:10 AM
(26-10-2015 07:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I mean, sure, I can't prove that leprechauns exist, but you can't prove they don't, and the belief makes me happy!

You forgot the most important part of faith: you now have to go to Aleprechaunist online forums and tell them why they're all "blind fools" for not believing in what must be real because of your feels.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-10-2015, 08:26 AM
(26-10-2015 08:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 07:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I mean, sure, I can't prove that leprechauns exist, but you can't prove they don't, and the belief makes me happy!

You forgot the most important part of faith: you now have to go to Aleprechaunist online forums and tell them why they're all "blind fools" for not believing in what must be real because of your feels.

...... over and over and over and over and over and over again.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
26-10-2015, 08:44 AM
(26-10-2015 08:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You forgot the most important part of faith: you now have to go to Aleprechaunist online forums and tell them why they're all "blind fools" for not believing in what must be real because of your feels.

Actually, Alla is pretty good about not trying to make us believe what she does. She "know" the Holy Spirit is real because of how she experiences it, but she also gets why we don't get these same revelations and why we don't consider her revelations to be compelling.

What she does is assert that she is correct over and over using evidence that won't convince any of us. So, I guess the analog is me telling all the aleprechaunists that I'm sorry they haven't found their pot of gold, and I can't lead them to it, but I sincerely hope that one day, they too, will find it.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
27-10-2015, 01:07 AM
Huge dumps bring me peace and often provide me many answers but I still flush my turds.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-10-2015, 10:50 AM
(24-10-2015 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 03:57 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  However men try to reach me, I return their love with my love; whatever path they may travel, it leads to me in the end.
— Chapter 4, verse 11

I know all past and all present and future existences, O Arjuna, but Me none yet knows.Chapter 7, verse 26

Thou seest Me as Time who kills, Time who brings all to doom,
The Slayer Time, Ancient of Days, come hither to consume;
Excepting thee, of all these hosts of hostile chiefs arrayed,
There shines not one shall leave alive the battlefield!

— Chapter 11, verse 32

Ask your spirit who said this.

And no cheating now. Google doesn't count as a spiritual guide.
Let me share with you something.
If I can find an answer in google, or if I can simply ask you: who said this?" then why should I ask Spirit?

Eureka! Now you're asking the right questions. Information can only be gained threw study of a subject. If your "sprite" buddy only talks to you when information isn't accessible then...

[Image: main-qimg-2f7f1c9e423e5b6dea57b4d014b07c..._webp=true]

he's probable never talking to you.

We live in an age of information accessibility. Yes information can get muddled. But when you know the right places, or can compare and contrast information a better understanding can reveail itself.

If I was pretending that your "sprite" animal was real. Then this would only show it lack of knowledge or indifference to you learning anything.

(24-10-2015 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why would Spirit give me the answer if Spirit knows that I have ability to find an answer without His help?

Maybe that's a question you should be asking you should be asking it; not me.

(24-10-2015 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Spirit teaches me only then when NOBODY can give me the right answer.

That's very concerning Alla. A keep point in why I feel you need a real psychological analysis.

Basically what your saying is the voice in your head tells you not to trust anyone.

"Don't listen to what any saying. Even when presented with evidence. I'm the only thing you can trust."

(24-10-2015 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Spirit teaches me when I have to make the right decision and I don't know what it should be. God helps me to avoid wrong choices if I ask Him. But if I can find an answer in google I better do some research on my own. Work made a monkey human. Big Grin
So, who said this? Smile

Guess you'll never know.

But here's a hint. It appears in a holy book ruffly written in the 4th century. From a religion that predates Judaism.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin