My answer to GWG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: My answer to GWG
(24-10-2015 11:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 11:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  You just have demonstrated lack of reading comprehension. But that is OK. Smile

This section is public, anyone can reply, if you want only GWG to reply you should have started a debate in the Boxing ring section.

Anyone can reply.
I am not fighting with GWG.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Hey Allah, why don't you just start making inane posts on threads that are at least four years old?

Hell, I guess this forum is your personal litter-box.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-10-2015, 11:57 AM
(24-10-2015 11:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Alla, What's the point of this thread?

Would you like me to move it to the boxing ring so that you can go 1 on 1 with GWoG?

My point is to leave some comments to GWG's arguments.
But the most important reason is to answer his great question. It is even the title of the tread.

24-10-2015, 12:08 PM
(24-10-2015 11:57 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 11:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Alla, What's the point of this thread?

Would you like me to move it to the boxing ring so that you can go 1 on 1 with GWoG?

My point is to leave some comments to GWG's arguments.
But the most important reason is to answer his great question. It is even the title of the tread.

So, why are you not doing that within the thread where his question was posted?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-10-2015, 12:11 PM
GWG:
“Jesus did not accomplish what Israel’s prophets said the Messiah was commissioned to do: He did not deliver the covenant people from their Gentile enemies, reassemble those scattered in the Diaspora, restore the Davidic kingdom, or establish universal peace (cf.Isa. 9:6–7; 11:7–12:16, etc.).

ALLA:
Because you don't know that in those verses Isaiah was talking about Second Coming of Messiah not His First Coming.
Isaiah also was talking about His First Coming. And he told us different things. Isa 53

24-10-2015, 12:12 PM
(24-10-2015 12:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 11:57 AM)Alla Wrote:  My point is to leave some comments to GWG's arguments.

So, why are you not doing that within the thread where his question was posted?

I can't. GWG asked not to leave any replies in that thread.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
24-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Your commenting on his resource thread then? You could have explained that in the first post a little better.

Now I really find this a bit tacky. He's posted thousands of words in that thread and you cherry pick a few sentences?

But whatever...

Carry on

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-10-2015, 02:04 PM
(24-10-2015 12:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But whatever...

Carry on

thank you

24-10-2015, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2015 06:03 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
Oh my, I have been away buying a house, goodness, I apologize for not seeing this before now. I love answering your questions Alla, but when I provide you answers, you allow your blindfold of faith to block your ability to comprehend and apply reason and logic based on the real world to give it the due consideration it deserves, But I like educating you, it is truly fun, let's begin.

(24-10-2015 11:18 AM)Alla Wrote:  GOODWITHOUTGOD:
"Now, the question I have, is why can people easily believe the Jesus fairy tale, yet dismiss stories of aliens, fairies, or even bigfoot? "

ALLA:
Because :
1) Jesus's story gives me hope and peace and happiness.
2) it helps me to be a better person so I can have eternal life.
3) I can have Spirit with me
4) and He(Spirit) gives me answers to many questions.
5) He(Spirit) warns me when there is a danger.
6)He(Spirit) reminds me things that I forget but very important to be remembered.

My question to GWG:
I may easily believe in Bigfoot but if it gives me nothing what is the point?

1) Granted. However, wouldn't one surmise that knowingly, or unknowingly in your case, believing in fairy tales as a means to comprehend the real world around us puts one at a distinct disadvantage, doesn't it? People who do heavy drugs, say like Heroin, would say "my drugs make me feel good, they bring me peace and happiness" I would counter it is a false perspective because drugs like that are bad for you....so is religion.

2) Define better person. If my child is dying, and you tell me "god has a plan", that does not quantify as being a better person because you believe in sky fairies.

3) Define Spirit. Explain how one deciphers having "spirit" with them, versus imaginary friends, voices, hallucinations, mental problems, wishful thinking...

4) Define how you decipher how "he" gives you answers. if you look hard enough, and believe hard enough in anything, it will become a reality for you, whether it exists or not...like "spirit".

5) Explain how you have compared and contrasted this magical spirit versus intuition.

6) Define why a "spirit", "god" or whatever imaginary friend you have would give two shits what Alla forgot today, and endeavors to ensure this cute little human being lost in the 7 billion of other human beings is so special she has her own personal "Siri" to remind her of things....I would presume a life and universe creating super genie would have better things to do with its time...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-10-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2015 02:30 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(24-10-2015 11:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  GWG:
The followers of the New Testament church model believe in the irrefutable word of God, that the Bible is complete as written, and it is, “… Given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

ALLA:
The followers of Christ in the first century did NOT believe that the Bible was complete as written and that the Bible was given by inspiration of God, and ..."
There was NO the Bible in the first century.

I am truly glad you found my resource library, you could learn much there. Continue to read and think, I believe you have the ability to evolve.

In answer to your assertion: True, there was no "bible" in the first century, where did I say that? Please provide citations for your posit. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post