My answer to GWG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: My answer to GWG
(25-10-2015 04:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Admittedly only skimmed descriptions as they didn't look to be scriptures.

You really need to broaden your reading. It is pretty arrogant to think that other opinions are less valuable than yours, especially when they come from people well-versed in the cultures that produced the myths you revere so much.

Quote:I attest that any outside interpretation or offshoots of base scriptures allows for more discrepancies and misdirection.

You attest? Laughat

What the hell do you call your little personal theology if not your own interpretation with the associated discrepancies and misdirection?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
25-10-2015, 04:48 PM
(25-10-2015 04:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 04:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Admittedly only skimmed descriptions as they didn't look to be scriptures.

You really need to broaden your reading. It is pretty arrogant to think that other opinions are less valuable than yours, especially when they come from people well-versed in the cultures that produced the myths you revere so much.

Quote:I attest that any outside interpretation or offshoots of base scriptures allows for more discrepancies and misdirection.

You attest? Laughat

What the hell do you call your little personal theology if not your own interpretation with the associated discrepancies and misdirection?
I don't know? Do theirs equate to global peace, unity, benefit, and advancement of all existence under the actual direction of the One Creator GOD?

If nothing else at all I doubt that had actual experience with God as opposed to just book knowledge.
25-10-2015, 05:50 PM
(25-10-2015 04:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know? Do theirs equate to global peace, unity, benefit, and advancement of all existence under the actual direction of the One Creator GOD?

That's not what I asked but, given your obvious lack of reading comprehension skills, I'm not at all surprised.

I don't care if you think your interpretation is better, I'm asking why you think you have the qualifications to interpret scriptures any more legitimately than others? (especially when those others have spent years studying the cultures that produced the scriptures and your claim to legitimacy sounds a lot like some kind of brief psychotic episode)

Quote:If nothing else at all I doubt that had actual experience with God as opposed to just book knowledge.

Well, I doubt that you had actual experience with a god as well. Then again, I doubt you have much in the way of book knowledge either... at least little that isn't seriously outdated. Have you figured out if plasma is physical yet?

25-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Unforced,

Oh, my mistake. I don't feel more qualified. I don't generally have to ponder scripture. It generally is an automatic comprehension. I consider it a gift for God's purpose. I don't claim to understand all things I read in scripture but the vast majority, I do. Scripture speaks of gifts giving by God to edify the word of God. I seem to have a couple of these at times. I would really like to get on a different subject as I don't want to convey a special thing over any man. We are all equal. Knowledge can come in many forms. The most significant of which are useful to all. I am nothing + 1. That one isn't me. That one that isn't of me has infinite potential and resides in us all. It is only of one source. All other direction leads to naught, or void there of.
25-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Unforced... Unfogged,

Uhm, I guess since it is observable by a third party it could be considered physical. Just wasn't when I was taught. Proof that science is ever growing and not a source in which to base the limits of all knowledge. When I was in school the physical was solid, liquid, and gas only. Plasma was not considered strictly physical. We've been over this.
25-10-2015, 06:39 PM
(25-10-2015 06:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh, my mistake. I don't feel more qualified.

Yet you dismiss other opinions without considering them. That seems to be incredibly arrogant.

Quote:I don't generally have to ponder scripture. It generally is an automatic comprehension. ...

That you don't actually think about things has been made quite apparent. It is really sad to see somebody who devalues rational thinking so much. Everything you post seems to be based just on what you "feel" is true and that's also incredibly arrogant.

All you do is make a shit ton of evidently vacuous claims. It is really pitiful. You need help Pops. Get some.

25-10-2015, 06:41 PM
So what I'm hearing, pops, is that you fear education will drive a wedge between you and the bible? That knowledge would drive a wedge between you and God? That you must remain pure in ignorance to believe?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
25-10-2015, 06:42 PM
(25-10-2015 06:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unforced... Unfogged,

Uhm, I guess since it is observable by a third party it could be considered physical. Just wasn't when I was taught. Proof that science is ever growing and not a source in which to base the limits of all knowledge. When I was in school the physical was solid, liquid, and gas only. Plasma was not considered strictly physical. We've been over this.

Yes, we've been over it. The point is that you are clinging to outdated definitions and understandings of the world. Also that you don't understand science when you are so ready to set it aside because it doesn't claim absolute, final answers. You are stuck in the past and your little fantasy worlds and I feel sorry for you.

25-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Unfogged,

I stick to core scripture and my conscience in order to not skew my perspective. Outside sources other than core scripture are interpreted from men who were less aligned under God than the writers of the original ancient texts. It's bad enouh that I have to rely on translations. Damn, thanks for the help; I can use goolge translate from more original texts. Wonder if that'll work? Thanks for the help you've been insisting on.
25-10-2015, 06:51 PM
(25-10-2015 06:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 06:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh, my mistake. I don't feel more qualified.

Yet you dismiss other opinions without considering them. That seems to be incredibly arrogant.

Quote:I don't generally have to ponder scripture. It generally is an automatic comprehension. ...

That you don't actually think about things has been made quite apparent. It is really sad to see somebody who devalues rational thinking so much. Everything you post seems to be based just on what you "feel" is true and that's also incredibly arrogant.

All you do is make a shit ton of evidently vacuous claims. It is really pitiful. You need help Pops. Get some.
I'd prefer you continue to ridicule me as opposed to pitying me. I am in a better place now than I have ever been. It will only get better as my direction straightens.