My answer to GWG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: My answer to GWG
(25-10-2015 06:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I stick to core scripture and my conscience in order to not skew my perspective.

Right, you wouldn't want to let anything get in the way of your own feelings. You are completely opaque to the idea that you just might be wrong. Arrogance is an understatement.

Quote:Outside sources other than core scripture are interpreted from men who were less aligned under God than the writers of the original ancient texts.

Another unsupported assertion from the master.

Quote:It's bad enouh that I have to rely on translations. Damn, thanks for the help; I can use goolge translate from more original texts. Wonder if that'll work? Thanks for the help you've been insisting on.

That's not the help you need.

(25-10-2015 06:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'd prefer you continue to ridicule me as opposed to pitying me. I am in a better place now than I have ever been. It will only get better as my direction straightens.

What you prefer is of no consequence to me. Your claims deserve ridicule because they are the meaningless product of someone almost completely ignorant of the subject and offered with no evidence or backing of any kind. You deserve pity because you are wasting the only life we know you will have on fantasies.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
25-10-2015, 06:59 PM
(25-10-2015 06:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 06:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unforced... Unfogged,

Uhm, I guess since it is observable by a third party it could be considered physical. Just wasn't when I was taught. Proof that science is ever growing and not a source in which to base the limits of all knowledge. When I was in school the physical was solid, liquid, and gas only. Plasma was not considered strictly physical. We've been over this.

Yes, we've been over it. The point is that you are clinging to outdated definitions and understandings of the world. Also that you don't understand science when you are so ready to set it aside because it doesn't claim absolute, final answers. You are stuck in the past and your little fantasy worlds and I feel sorry for you.
I'll have you know that the definitions I use a current. Any word that I am uncertain of I generally look up on Google which is usually pretty current. Almost too much so at times. You act as if I am stuck in some old idea or form of thought. The old ways where never complete due to greed of man. In completion there is conclusion in which there is a unity and fulfilment that had been appointed yet not acted out in known time. I am not stuck in the past. Though I do heed the foretold way with respect.
25-10-2015, 07:03 PM
(25-10-2015 06:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 06:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yes, we've been over it. The point is that you are clinging to outdated definitions and understandings of the world. Also that you don't understand science when you are so ready to set it aside because it doesn't claim absolute, final answers. You are stuck in the past and your little fantasy worlds and I feel sorry for you.
I'll have you know that the definitions I use a current. Any word that I am uncertain of I generally look up on Google which is usually pretty current. Almost too much so at times. You act as if I am stuck in some old idea or form of thought. The old ways where never complete due to greed of man. In completion there is conclusion in which there is a unity and fulfilment that had been appointed yet not acted out in known time. I am not stuck in the past. Though I do heed the foretold way with respect.

What the fuck are you rambling about? I was talking about your understanding of science and you've demonstrated repeatedly that you are out of touch on that. All the "unity and fulfillment" verbiage sounds like it is straight out of a Deepak Chopra quote generator -- all pompous puffery with no actual substance, which is, come to think of it, a perfect match for you.

You are a sad, pitiful case. Get help. You need it.

25-10-2015, 07:09 PM
(25-10-2015 06:57 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 06:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I stick to core scripture and my conscience in order to not skew my perspective.

Right, you wouldn't want to let anything get in the way of your own feelings. You are completely opaque to the idea that you just might be wrong. Arrogance is an understatement.

Quote:Outside sources other than core scripture are interpreted from men who were less aligned under God than the writers of the original ancient texts.

Another unsupported assertion from the master.

Quote:It's bad enouh that I have to rely on translations. Damn, thanks for the help; I can use goolge translate from more original texts. Wonder if that'll work? Thanks for the help you've been insisting on.
What does it have to do with my feelings? Is it not obvious that people were more in touch with a different aspect of their reality back then? It just seems to me that the people that where closer to the actual examples and way of being who literally sacrificed all the physical aspects of their being in testimony of their Faith in that which is without solid physical backing, but in personal knowledge none the less, even so, more. Have you heard that this perception of life is an illusion? Well, in a way, I guess it is. But it is of dire significance. The physical is just a piece. Our actions within it will reflect in our piece of the whole.

(25-10-2015 06:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'd prefer you continue to ridicule me as opposed to pitying me. I am in a better place now than I have ever been. It will only get better as my direction straightens.

What you prefer is of no consequence to me. Your claims deserve ridicule because they are the meaningless product of someone almost completely ignorant of the subject and offered with no evidence or backing of any kind. You deserve pity because you are wasting the only life we know you will have on fantasies.
25-10-2015, 07:12 PM
(25-10-2015 07:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 06:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'll have you know that the definitions I use a current. Any word that I am uncertain of I generally look up on Google which is usually pretty current. Almost too much so at times. You act as if I am stuck in some old idea or form of thought. The old ways where never complete due to greed of man. In completion there is conclusion in which there is a unity and fulfilment that had been appointed yet not acted out in known time. I am not stuck in the past. Though I do heed the foretold way with respect.

What the fuck are you rambling about? I was talking about your understanding of science and you've demonstrated repeatedly that you are out of touch on that. All the "unity and fulfillment" verbiage sounds like it is straight out of a Deepak Chopra quote generator -- all pompous puffery with no actual substance, which is, come to think of it, a perfect match for you.

You are a sad, pitiful case. Get help. You need it.
How can you say that I do not understand science? Really, again, what do I refute that is 100% certain scientific fact?
25-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Those are very important and great questions.
Hafnof Wrote:Some questions:
- Where on the scale of belief do you lie? Say 0% is no confidence that your beliefs are true and 100% is no doubt that your belief is true.
I will give you the answer and this answer will be 100% true.
What is 100%?
100% is PERFECT KNOWLEDGE.
There is the difference between belief or faith and perfect knowledge.
Perfect knowledge is the goal. When there is perfect knowledge there is no need for growing any more.
But this is NOT why Heavenly Father wants us to leave His home and come here. We are here to grow and to learn. If we had perfect knowledge(100%) it would NOT be possible to learn and to grow.

1)if we had perfect knowledge and then if we made wrong or evil choice we couldn't be forgiven. When we believe(do NOT have perfect knowledge) and make a wrong choice we can learn from this mistake, we can repent and move on towards perfection and progression.
2)if we had perfect knowledge we wouldn't grow. But when we have faith we act according to this faith; then our faith and our actions lead us towards knowledge and then towards more knowledge, and more knowledge until we are ready for perfect knowledge(100%).
3)so, because our goal is to learn, we don't need perfect knowledge right now. But as we act according to our faith we are moving towards more and more knowledge.
We EARN it.
This is how prophet Alma answered your question: Book of Mormon
Alma 32:
26 now, as I said concerning faith - that it was not a perfect knowledge - even so it is with MY WORDS. You can NOT know of their surety AT FIRST, unto perfection...
27 but behold, IF ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to AN EXPERIMENT upon MY WORDS, and EXERCISE a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
29 Now behold, would not this increase your faith? I say unto you, Yea; nevertheless it hath NOT grown up to a perfect knowledge.
30 But behold, as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good; for behold it swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow. And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed; for behold it sprouteth and beginneth to grow.

31 And now, behold, are ye sure that this is a good seed? I say unto you, Yea; for every seed bringeth forth unto its own likeness.

32 Therefore, if a seed groweth it is good, but if it groweth not, behold it is not good, therefore it is cast away.

33 And now, behold, because ye have tried the experiment, and planted the seed, and it swelleth and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, ye must needs know that the seed is good.

I would continue till verse 37 but I know how boring it is for atheists to read scriptures. The point is that if we act according to our faith or even according a desire to have faith we learn and understand many things that are true and good. When results(fruits) are good our faith is growing/become stronger. We are more close to perfect knowledge.
Hafnof Wrote:- Could someone hold a belief that gives them hope, gives them peace, helps them be a better person, makes them feel like they have answers to life's questions, and reminds them of things... and yet for that belief to be false?
I don't believe this. But this is what I do believe. Many false religions have PARTS of the truth. When people of those false religions accept PARTS of the truth it brings them happiness, peace and comfort and hope. Those parts which are false will never bring them to happiness, peace and do not give hope.
Jesus Christ answered this question of yours. New Testament John 4: 13-14. He talks about wells or sources of knowledge. There are different wells but those who have false doctrine will make you thirst. But if you drink from the well which is the source of the truth and nothing but the truth you will never thirst.
Hafnof Wrote:- Some on this forum find those benefits without following Joseph Smith. Some Muslims find those benefits? How am I to know who amongst you is most correct if you all tell me your beliefs are true and all give much the same reason for believing?
First of all you need to have a desire to know the truth. If you do not have this desire to find the only true religion you will never find it.
I had this desire. I wanted to find the only true religion and I didn't know how. But LDS missionaries told me something very interesting when they taught me Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ: " Do NOT believe us, but ask God if what we say is true and when He answers to you, believe Him."
I received an answer and I believed. I do not regret I did it.
I did not know that God answers His children. But I decided to make an experiment. I had this desire to know.
I don't have perfect knowledge but I believe that the answer I received was true. Now I believe it even more. I have made more experiments and results were good and true. I am WORKING towards my perfect knowledge.
But you don't have to believe me. You can experiment as I did and to find out yourself. Or you can ignore what I say.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
25-10-2015, 07:26 PM
(25-10-2015 07:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you say that I do not understand science? Really, again, what do I refute that is 100% certain scientific fact?

Those two sentences could not have made my point much better, thank you. Hint: if you understood what science is and how it works you'd realize how asinine your second question is.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
25-10-2015, 07:43 PM

I think that's possibly the most honest thing you've ever written on this forum.

You want to be ridiculed so that you don't have to examine anything else. Ridicule is easy to dismiss. You can just sit there and pretend you're better. You don't want to back up your assertions.

I pity you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-10-2015, 07:44 PM
(25-10-2015 07:26 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 07:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you say that I do not understand science? Really, again, what do I refute that is 100% certain scientific fact?

Those two sentences could not have made my point much better, thank you. Hint: if you understood what science is and how it works you'd realize how asinine your second question is.
Nothing, exactly my point. All is a cohesive whole including science and things yet known.
25-10-2015, 07:46 PM
(25-10-2015 06:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged,

I stick to core scripture and my conscience in order to not skew my perspective.

Your perspective needs skewing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post