My anxiety is getting in the way...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I used to get anxiety attacks years ago. I had to take Xanax to knock it out immediately. It's not a cure but it can help you take control of it.

I had the anxiety issues for years but don't have it anymore. It's hard to explain how I overcame it. I really just conditioned my mind not to give a crap about the things that triggered it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
07-05-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: My anxiety is getting in the way...
(07-05-2016 04:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I used to get anxiety attacks years ago. I had to take Xanax to knock it out immediately. It's not a cure but it can help you take control of it.

I had the anxiety issues for years but don't have it anymore. It's hard to explain how I overcame it. I really just conditioned my mind not to give a crap about the things that triggered it.

Not giving a crap is one of the most important skills a person can learn, and I'm dead serious. That's what has helped me.

Also, try power poses.
[+] 5 users Like Matt Finney's post
07-05-2016, 04:31 PM
I've had good years too. I need to get back to that point. I went through this when I was 16...I need to learn to overcome it again. It's just a lot harder now.

I do have Xanax, which has worked WONDERS for me. I just don't want to use it too much. I made it last year barely touching a bottle of 15 .25 mg, I wound up using it all in the last month, and now have another bottle of 30.

I'm afraid of becoming dependant on it, but I am using it if I really need it. I need to 'build up' resistance to my anxiety...or something...and if the Xanax helps me get there, all the better.

You guys really are awesome. I was breaking down a little when I wrote the OP. It was the first time I 'd cried for myself in a while.

I'm so happy I found this community, while living in a Christian family. I love my family, my parents, but sometimes I feel alienated from them.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
07-05-2016, 06:50 PM
panic attacks suck. i use to have them every once in a while. i never took anything for them though. my life improved over time, and i think this is what got rid of it. they werent triggered by anything in particular either. id just feel like shit, get cold sweats, and my heast would be racing. totally unable to function for a half hour or so.
07-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Lorazepam is an alternative to Xanax. I'm not sure if it's less addicting but it works just as well.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
07-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Hug
Panic attacks are no fun. >.<
08-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Loom - cut your pills in half - just a tiny bit will get you through.
Sounds like you've let stress build around you, Loomy ... NOT good ... it's something you have been internalizing with no outlet. Yoga exercises can get the stress dealt with, focus your mind, and get the circulation & breath flowing.

FEAR. <-- This will be the thing that takes you down - don't sabotage yourself - you are the creator of your own fear.

If necessary, find a roommate/housemate to share expenses and find a place away from your parents/family.

Heart Pay attention to your self, because that's who will be living with for the rest of your life.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I woke up thinking about you Loom. Hope your weekend brings some relief. Hug

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Hug