My anxiety is getting in the way...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: My anxiety is getting in the way...
I feel you, I have been there, and it really is not a fun experience, all i can add is to echo the sentiments all ready given and when it comes to medication talk it over with your doctor, tell them about the xanax maybe they can put you on something similar?

Also pay attention to the pamphlet included, it may be that something in your diet could be having an adverse affect together with the medication. I learned the hard way to not eat grapefruit while i was on my meds, the two did not mix well and only after reading the pamphlet included did I see why.

HugHug

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Blackhand293's post
09-05-2016, 06:33 AM
I do miss grapefruit T.T

I still went to King's Island yesterday. I was really determined to ride at least one thing. So I did. I went on the viking rocking ship, right as it started raining. I got lightheaded with each rock, but I managed it! >:0

Only had to take one Xanax yesterday too! >:0

One day at a time. I'm at work again, and I intend to stay here. Thanks for the support/advice.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
09-05-2016, 08:07 AM
I've had a health related anxiety disorder since I was about 8 years old. Its flared up from time to time, sometimes just for a few days, sometimes for months on end.

The worst time was about 5 years ago, when I suddenly started believing I had all sorts of different diseases and life threatening conditions. I spent all day, every day pacing the floor, worrying constantly. A trip to the doctor probably would have put my mind at ease, but I didn't see it that way. As I saw it, as long as it was just part of my imagination, it couldn't hurt me, as soon as I went to see a doctor, it would somehow become "real". I know that's completely irrational, but then I was in a state of delusion. Each time my mind turned to some new fear, I would tell myself that all I had to do was to get past this feeling, and I'd be fine... But whenever I did do that, I'd just replace it with something new to worry about. And so the cycle went on.

Eventually, its as if my mind just decided it'd had enough, and it all just stopped, as suddenly as it had started. It had taken 18 months to get to that point. I realized then, that there was a good chance it could creep up on me again, and that I have a tendency to slip into that kind of thinking. Since then I've managed to more or less keep it under wraps... I've had my moments, but I think I'm coping.

My advice is to perhaps try to identify what is causing this cycle of panic attacks and anxiety. By accepting that it was part of my nature to worry and freak out about things, I managed to break the cycle, without medication.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
11-05-2016, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 07:24 AM by Loom.)
My doctor has me on Buspirone now. No side effects at all. Not sure if it'll work but we'll see in a few weeks.

Monday was a relatively good day until that night. Around 10 I started feeling antsy. Took a Xanax and laid down. Then it hit. I can only describe it as a grand mal panic attack. It was the worst I'd ever had. I was shaking uncontrollably and was gasping for air. It felt like my heart was fluttering like mad.

The attack lasted 3 hours and only ended when we finally went to the ER and sat in the lobby for half an hour. I guess the sense of security, combined with utter exhaustion, helped calm me down.

I feel like I'm walking on a knife's edge right now. I'm 'calm' right now, but at any moment that can change.

11-05-2016, 07:10 AM
(11-05-2016 07:05 AM)Loom Wrote:  My doctor has me on Buspirone now. No side effects at all. Not sure if it'll work but we'll see in a few weeks.

Monday was a relatively good day until that night. Around 10 I started feeling antsy. Took a Xanax and laid down. Then it hit. I can only describe is as a grand mal panic attack. It was the worst I'd ever had. I was shaking uncontrollably and was gasping for air, It lasted 3 hours and only ended when we finally went to the ER and sat in the lobby for half an hour. I guess the sense of security, combined with utter exhaustion, helped calm me down.

I feel like I'm walking on a knife's edge right now. I'm 'calm' right now, but at any moment that can change.

Hug
11-05-2016, 07:21 AM
(11-05-2016 07:10 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:05 AM)Loom Wrote:  My doctor has me on Buspirone now. No side effects at all. Not sure if it'll work but we'll see in a few weeks.

Monday was a relatively good day until that night. Around 10 I started feeling antsy. Took a Xanax and laid down. Then it hit. I can only describe is as a grand mal panic attack. It was the worst I'd ever had. I was shaking uncontrollably and was gasping for air, It lasted 3 hours and only ended when we finally went to the ER and sat in the lobby for half an hour. I guess the sense of security, combined with utter exhaustion, helped calm me down.

Hug

*hugs back*

I wish this would all be over Sad

11-05-2016, 07:23 AM
(11-05-2016 07:21 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:10 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hug

*hugs back*

I wish this would all be over Sad

I know that feeling. Sad

I hope your new medication works for you. Hug
25-05-2016, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 02:08 PM by Loom.)
Stopped the Gabapentin. I honestly don't need it. The Buspirone, while weak, is more than enough. I'm going to ask to have the dosage increased to see if it helps further.

My next big hurdle is weaning off the Xanax...while my dose was low, I've taken it long enough to start experiencing withdrawals. I've only had .125mg in the last two days. Feeling jittery.

I still feel paranoid about my health, but I'm no longer living in constant fear. I expect to be feeling better once done with the Xanax.

[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
25-05-2016, 04:16 PM
(25-05-2016 02:05 PM)Loom Wrote:  Stopped the Gabapentin. I honestly don't need it. The Buspirone, while weak, is more than enough. I'm going to ask to have the dosage increased to see if it helps further.

My next big hurdle is weaning off the Xanax...while my dose was low, I've taken it long enough to start experiencing withdrawals. I've only had .125mg in the last two days. Feeling jittery.

I still feel paranoid about my health, but I'm no longer living in constant fear. I expect to be feeling better once done with the Xanax.

^^That^^ has to be a relief. Thumbsup

Keep building your body and mind. Who you become is well worth the struggle. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-05-2016, 08:41 PM
(25-05-2016 04:16 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 02:05 PM)Loom Wrote:  Stopped the Gabapentin. I honestly don't need it. The Buspirone, while weak, is more than enough. I'm going to ask to have the dosage increased to see if it helps further.

^^That^^ has to be a relief. Thumbsup

Keep building your body and mind. Who you become is well worth the struggle. Shy

I just want to be back to my normal self Sad

Right now my 'paranoid' concerns are over my heart...I just feel like something is wrong. I check my blood pressure often, usually it 's normal (105/65), but sometimes, when I'm feeling bad or anxious, it spikes to 130/80+. Sometimes I get faint little pains in my left-side. I'm having trouble falling asleep, too.

But, we'll see in a couple weeks or so. It's likely just my brain starving for Xanax...such a double-edged sword...