My apologies to the TTA community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: My apologies to the TTA community
(13-02-2016 04:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being...

[Image: XIkdk8Z.jpg]

Oh, perfect being, you said. Angel

Mmmm...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
13-02-2016, 11:19 AM
(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Hey, it's been awhile. Drinking Beverage

I'm sorry for being needlessly aggressive. I was indeed having some sort of mental breakdown. I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being, but jumping to Yahweh is an incorrect conclusion. Yahweh, as portrayed in the Bible is not a perfect being, even by his own standards.

Some of you probably don't believe me, and I understand that. I hope to demonstrate my sincerity in future discussions. Heart

In my opinion, and in my experience, the louder one screams about the glory of god, the harder they are trying to convince themselves, and everyone else, that they truly believe....all in an attempt to silence the growing doubt that wiggles deep in their pysche.

I have yet to see a single argument ever presented by anyone, that "do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being". A perfect being/creator would not have created this chaotic, imperfect, dying mess of a universe. Listen to your inner voice diddo, it points to the truth...its all conjecture... the philosophical musings of drunk goat herders, a sad attempt by man to explain what they could not, can not, and perhaps never will be able to explain about life....a symphony of un-evidenced, fabricated, pure neurological flatulence.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
13-02-2016, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 01:17 PM by adey67.)

I'm sorry for being needlessly aggressive. I was indeed having some sort of mental breakdown. I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being, but jumping to Yahweh is an incorrect conclusion. Yahweh, as portrayed in the Bible is not a perfect being, even by his own standards.

Some of you probably don't believe me, and I understand that. I hope to demonstrate my sincerity in future discussions. Heart

I started off badly here but I got my act together and like you apologized and I haven't looked back its great you are getting help and I hope you are feeling better.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
13-02-2016, 11:58 AM
(13-02-2016 04:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being...

[Image: XIkdk8Z.jpg]

Oh, perfect being, you said. Angel

I can't tell but I'm assuming that's a Gwynnies ass. Bowing Bowing

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2016, 12:02 PM
(13-02-2016 07:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Diddo used to believe in the god from the old testament. He then went over the brink arguing here, had a nervous breakdown and has since been questioning things and come around to deism instead. Many people deconvert along that path, so we try to be helpful along the way.

It's not my fault. My house is built on top of an underground railroad waystation. I can't help myself.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2016, 12:05 PM

Apologizes for being a dick.
Admits mental problems (which I hope you are getting help with)
Still thinks arguments prove supernatural.
Hey, at least you thought you were neing a dick.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-02-2016, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 12:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
Big Grin RE: My apologies to the TTA community

No homo.

13-02-2016, 09:03 PM
(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being
A perfect being is impossible, especially because perfection (in terms of beings) is subjective.

(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I hope to demonstrate my sincerity in future discussions. Heart
I look forward to witnessing your reputation points improving.

Whether you go away from god belief, or towards deism or toward YHWH, or Allah or something else is beside the point. (that's your business)
15-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Best of luck in dealing with the aftermath of your mental breakdown, and welcome back.
15-02-2016, 12:21 PM
(12-02-2016 07:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I realize now that the arguments I was putting forth do indeed prove the existence of a perfect being, but jumping to Yahweh is an incorrect conclusion.

So your mental breakdown is on going then? I ask cause you're still clearly delusional.

Personally I think this is another one of your bullshit trolling attempts.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post