My argument against atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
20-08-2013, 04:59 PM
My argument against atheism
Hello, first off I'm against all religion and the concept of a personal god. However, I've developed an argument against all forms of atheism. I am interested in discussing it here (or privately) to find any holes. I'm only interested in purely rational discussion with extremely intelligent people. Those who must support their arguments with logical fallacies do not have arguments worth defending.

To see my argument you can Google "The No God Delusion: Deconstructing The Atheist Myth" to read the article that outlines it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fullerm's post
20-08-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: My argument against atheism
Welcome. You'll find all kinds of great conversationalists here, intelligent and otherwise! Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-08-2013, 05:13 PM
You know the whole "I only wanna discuss with highly intellectual people" runs both ways right?

What qualifies you to have this discussion? before you go around asking for "only highly intellectual" people.
Or are you just another theist fucktard who thinks he has the answer to all the worlds problems and anybody who thinks differently clearly isn't "highly intelligent"?
Are you Egor by any chance?

Also, if you want a discussion on why your views are somehow superior, then perhaps people might be more motivated to tear you a new one if you offered up a little more about your views then "go read what this guy has to say, I have no opinions of my own because I agree with him 100%".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
20-08-2013, 05:39 PM
(20-08-2013 04:59 PM)fullerm Wrote:  Hello, first off I'm against all religion and the concept of a personal god. However, I've developed an argument against all forms of atheism. I am interested in discussing it here (or privately) to find any holes. I'm only interested in purely rational discussion with extremely intelligent people. Those who must support their arguments with logical fallacies do not have arguments worth defending.

To see my argument you can Google "The No God Delusion: Deconstructing The Atheist Myth" to read the article that outlines it.

Or you could provide a link and/or a precis. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah I prefer the cliffnotes...but what Chas said.

20-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I want a full presentation with CGI animations of the more complicated concepts, please Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
20-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Several thoughts occur.

It's... kind of a mish-mash. You distinguish between positive and negative atheism but then sometimes ignore that distinction. You facetiously misrepresent evolutionary explanations as "magically arising out of nowhere" (notwithstanding that pantheism does not account for cosmogeny regardless).

And critically: a rant about a/theism and definitions, and yet nowhere do you define God (because no, merely saying 'but pantheism' is insufficient).

... this is my signature!
20-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Oh man, I forgot this part:

fullerm Wrote:A definition denotes how the majority use the term.
fullerm Wrote:Atheists ... are in the process of attempting to subtly change the original definition...

Those sneaky atheists and their devious subtly changing a definition by shifting how the majority use the term... wait. What?

... this is my signature!
20-08-2013, 07:54 PM
(20-08-2013 04:59 PM)fullerm Wrote:  I'm only interested in purely rational discussion with extremely intelligent people.

Because teh netz is fulla them peeps... Dodgy

Another asshole in love with the sound of his own fingers clacking... The "popular" definition of atheism is the rejection of established belief systems, not that god does not exist.

Asshole. Pull your head out of your ass, you'll hear something besides the ocean of your ignorance.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-08-2013, 08:00 PM
(20-08-2013 06:38 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Several thoughts occur.

It's... kind of a mish-mash. You distinguish between positive and negative atheism but then sometimes ignore that distinction. You facetiously misrepresent evolutionary explanations as "magically arising out of nowhere" (notwithstanding that pantheism does not account for cosmogeny regardless).

And critically: a rant about a/theism and definitions, and yet nowhere do you define God (because no, merely saying 'but pantheism' is insufficient).

I did not misrepresent evolutionary explanations as "magically arising out of nowhere". Atheism actually does require mental states to magically arise out of nothing. Pantheism requires the building blocks of matter to have mental states and thus requires no magical origin.

Pantheism is a form of god. Atheism does not distinguish between any concepts of god. Atheists simply state either that all forms of god don't exist or don't believe any exist. If I prove pantheism is a fact I disprove all atheism.

Here's the article link:
http://skeptopathy.com/?p=71