My best friend casually let me know he'd go all Abraham on my ass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 02:59 PM
My best friend casually let me know he'd go all Abraham on my ass
So this happened. I was just hanging out with my best friend today (who, for all intents and purposes is my brother) when he suddenly told me that if god instructed him to, he would kill me. I was blown away. I mean, how does one properly react to being said something like that?

Should I fear that if someday he starts hearing voices he'll chop off my head in my sleep and bring me as an offering to god?

I'm sorry if this thread seems a little out of place, but I really don't know what to say to him. He doesn't know I don't believe in god, nor do I intend him to find out within the forseeable future.

If you think I'm a whining little bitch, you might be right, so please, don't bother to inform me of it. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like atheist_johndoe's post
12-07-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: My best friend casually let me know he'd go all Abraham on my ass
(12-07-2013 02:59 PM)atheist_johndoe Wrote:  So this happened. I was just hanging out with my best friend today (who, for all intents and purposes is my brother) when he suddenly told me that if god instructed him to, he would kill me. I was blown away. I mean, how does one properly react to being said something like that?

Should I fear that if someday he starts hearing voices he'll chop off my head in my sleep and bring me as an offering to god?

I'm sorry if this thread seems a little out of place, but I really don't know what to say to him. He doesn't know I don't believe in god, nor do I intend him to find out within the forseeable future.

If you think I'm a whining little bitch, you might be right, so please, don't bother to inform me of it. Thank you.

You might want to consider not being friends with said person any longer.
[+] 10 users Like UndercoverAtheist's post
12-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I would be a little worried if a 'friend' had been contemplating my murder...for any reason.

Is this person normally stable or always a little off?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2013, 03:28 PM
No, he's usually quite normal, that's why I was so surprised to hear him say it. Even today, we were having such a great time when he decided to let me know my fate depended on an imaginary sky-daddy.
[+] 2 users Like atheist_johndoe's post
12-07-2013, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2013 07:53 AM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
(12-07-2013 02:59 PM)atheist_johndoe Wrote:  So this happened. I was just hanging out with my best friend today (who, for all intents and purposes is my brother) when he suddenly told me that if god instructed him to, he would kill me. I was blown away. I mean, how does one properly react to being said something like that?

It's not whining to be concerned when some says something like this!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
12-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Are there other people where you live? Might be time to hang out with them...sounds like your friend has caught religion fever and is trying to infect you.

12-07-2013, 03:32 PM
(12-07-2013 03:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are there other people where you live? Might be time to hang out with them...sounds like your friend has caught religion fever and is trying to infect you.

Yeah, there are, but I'm pretty shy, so I don't make a lot of new friends, and all my old ones are religious. Hell, for all they know I'm religious too. I haven't yet grown the balls to come out.
12-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Can you tell your friend that some of his comments are worrying you? Can you talk with him about it all?

Sheesh...I hate that for you.

12-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Tell him that you would only kill him if he was a clear and present danger to your person or some other innocent member of society Wink Atheist morals ™ ... yes we do got 'em.

If he would kill because some unidentified voice in his head told him to - how would he know it was God ? I'm pretty sure it would be just him finding a religious excuse to do something so he didn't have to face the fact that deep down he was an evil murdering bastard. How would he answer this charge ?

Mostly, I think your friend is being super creepy...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I have been known to pronounce, I WILL DEVOUR THE WORLD FOR MY GWYNNIES!!! I'm also a psychopath. Draw your own conclusions. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post