My bible is the only science book I need...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 07:36 AM
My bible is the only science book I need...
Science? We don't need no stinkin' science.. LOL

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes raoul116's post
03-05-2013, 08:40 AM
RE: My bible is the only science book I need...
What, you just come here to pimp yer vids? Tongue

And I got a confession to make. I'm kinda shallow. If you ain't cute, if you don't have a cool voice, then I ain't gonna watch. Especially stuff I already know. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2013, 08:48 AM
WTF is going on in this video? All I can safely say thus far, is that not everyone should make videos. This guy is awful at public speaking.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I should note that my previous comment was in regard to the person speaking at the beginning instead of whoever the guy is in the middle.

I still don't understand this video. Is it a response to a response?

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
03-05-2013, 09:43 AM
(03-05-2013 08:48 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  WTF is going on in this video? All I can safely say thus far, is that not everyone should make videos. This guy is awful at public speaking.

Well then perhaps you can share your sage comments via a video and teach the rest of us how to make one. The other person's comments aren't worth replying to so you can just pass this along to him.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Re: My bible is the only science book I need...
The guy trying to describe the scientific method needs to practice more. The second guy is better.
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
(03-05-2013 09:43 AM)raoul116 Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:48 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  WTF is going on in this video? All I can safely say thus far, is that not everyone should make videos. This guy is awful at public speaking.

Well then perhaps you can share your sage comments via a video and teach the rest of us how to make one. The other person's comments aren't worth replying to so you can just pass this along to him.

Wow. Defensive much? Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Ha. I like the God-B-less phrase.

Other than that, there's nothing new in the video but... there doesn't have to be. The beauty of youtube and the interwebz is that anyone with a message can get it out there.

And let's face it... some poor sap Christian in Hell's Kitchen may be a lot more inclined to listen critically to a poor sap atheist in Hell's Kitchen than he is to some pointy headed intellectual on the stage of a million dollar studio with all the cameras, lights and make up artists in the world.

What matters most is the content of the presentation, not the quality of the speaking or the props used.

And to clarify, I don't mean poor sap as an insult. Smile

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 11:16 AM by GirlyMan.)
(03-05-2013 08:48 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  WTF is going on in this video? All I can safely say thus far, is that not everyone should make videos. This guy is awful at public speaking. ... I should note that my previous comment was in regard to the person speaking at the beginning instead of whoever the guy is in the middle.

Yeah, Raoul is the second dude. And Raoul's been open about trying to improve his videos and coming here to get feedback. I got no problem with that and think his videos are getting better.

(03-05-2013 08:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If you ain't cute, if you don't have a cool voice, then I ain't gonna watch.

I dunno, I think his voice is kinda cool ... and hell think he's even kinda cute. Tongue

As far as the content "A scientific theory is a fact in the real world." makes no sense. Science is the study of the "real" world. But I think I get the gist, just think it can be worded better "A scientific theory might as well be considered to hold by the layperson if they cannot appreciate the details of the theory or provide a reasonable, tenable aternative." But even that don't feel quite right. It's kinda analogous to my use of the term "atheist" to describe myself. My personal metaphysics are quite a bit more subtle and bizarre than that, but if I'm talking to someone who clearly has no background in metaphysics and starts to become belligerent, "atheist" is an effective way to abruptly end the conversation.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
(03-05-2013 10:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:43 AM)raoul116 Wrote:  Well then perhaps you can share your sage comments via a video and teach the rest of us how to make one. The other person's comments aren't worth replying to so you can just pass this along to him.

Wow. Defensive much? Dodgy

Nope. In fact, the one thing I learned over the years roaming the highways and biways of the internet is that one must develop a very thick skin in order to handle all of the aholes out there with too much time on their hands. LOL
Let's just say I never expected sophomoric aholes over here in this particular type of setting. I thought atheists were supposed to have a higher IQ than the masses. Oh well, that just proves if you don't put your hypothesis through the flowchart described in the video, you'll come up with all sorts of fallacious conclusions. LOL