My bible is the only science book I need...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: My bible is the only science book I need...
(03-05-2013 11:58 AM)raoul116 Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 10:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Wow. Defensive much? Dodgy

Nope. In fact, the one thing I learned over the years roaming the highways and biways of the internet is that one must develop a very thick skin in order to handle all of the aholes out there with too much time on their hands. LOL
Let's just say I never expected sophomoric aholes over here in this particular type of setting. I thought atheists were supposed to have a higher IQ than the masses. Oh well, that just proves if you don't put your hypothesis through the flowchart described in the video, you'll come up with all sorts of fallacious conclusions. LOL

I can only assume you didn't read all of my comments...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I want to thank all of you for confirming something for me. My initial vibes about this site was that there were a lot of self important aholes who followed their own egos rather than simply accepting people along with their ideas. All i seem to have gotten over here, except for a very few folks, is nothing more than tutorials on how I ought to try to make better videos. Guess what? I'm not a freaking professional okay? This latest video took me about 5 or 6 practice runs before I got it to my satisfaction. And the responses? Oh, you all knew everything already, plus some assholic remarks.

Well guess what? I'm freaking out of here! Now you can simply stroke each other and bore each other perhaps as much as you've bored me...

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
03-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I guess that skin isn't thick enough Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
(03-05-2013 12:02 PM)raoul116 Wrote:  I want to thank all of you for confirming something for me. My initial vibes about this site was that there were a lot of self important aholes who followed their own egos rather than simply accepting people along with their ideas. All i seem to have gotten over here, except for a very few folks, is nothing more than tutorials on how I ought to try to make better videos. Guess what? I'm not a freaking professional okay? This latest video took me about 5 or 6 practice runs before I got it to my satisfaction. And the responses? Oh, you all knew everything already, plus some assholic remarks.

Well guess what? I'm freaking out of here! Now you can simply stroke each other and bore each other perhaps as much as you've bored me...

Oh noez! Don't leave! Whatever will we do with out you! I just shudder at the implications...

(03-05-2013 12:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I guess that skin isn't thick enough Drinking Beverage

I didn't notice that part, you deserve a gold star TheBeardedDude!
[Image: JUDY-GOLD-STAR-04-ON-WHITE.jpg]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like yumeji's post
03-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Interesting content with a decent message about what the word "theory" means in science, but the video could use some polishing:

1. Video starts right in the middle of an explanation of the flowchart - needs a better introduction to set the stage.

2. The talking head chap is in front of a couple of windows - in Seth's production podcast, he mentions that this is a bad idea because of how the light blows out the video by creating a white glow. Would be better with, say, a dark background and some good lighting.

3. A couple of the charts don't translate well to YouTube/computer video because they are too detailed and are thus unreadable, even when enlarged to full screen.

4. Probably shouldn't be so insulting to the Xians, as this might turn off the fence-sitters who otherwise would find the subject matter compelling.

5. This is mezzo-mezzo, but perhaps a collared shirt would be better for credibility's sake than an olive drab T-Shirt with "Hell's Kitchen" printed on it, especially when talking about science.
04-05-2013, 05:08 AM
(03-05-2013 04:31 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Interesting content with a decent message about what the word "theory" means in science, but the video could use some polishing:

1. Video starts right in the middle of an explanation of the flowchart - needs a better introduction to set the stage.

2. The talking head chap is in front of a couple of windows - in Seth's production podcast, he mentions that this is a bad idea because of how the light blows out the video by creating a white glow. Would be better with, say, a dark background and some good lighting.

3. A couple of the charts don't translate well to YouTube/computer video because they are too detailed and are thus unreadable, even when enlarged to full screen.

4. Probably shouldn't be so insulting to the Xians, as this might turn off the fence-sitters who otherwise would find the subject matter compelling.

5. This is mezzo-mezzo, but perhaps a collared shirt would be better for credibility's sake than an olive drab T-Shirt with "Hell's Kitchen" printed on it, especially when talking about science.

How about if you just go fuck yourself okay? That works for me especially when you cite numero 4 where I shouldn't insult the cultists. Why? Think their blinded minds will be changed? If so, you're as deluded as they are. And the collared shirt thing is a classic - think I'll be doing another video about assholes like you and the others who seem more interested in impressing the crowd than listening to what was said.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
04-05-2013, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 05:54 AM by Free Thought.)
You said posted before about having a think skin?

It must be very brittle.

I hear-by dub thee Chitin Man!

May your Skin Armour remain forever brittle, Chitin Man, and my the Gods of victory and poor biological armoured skin be with you!

[Edit:Spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-05-2013, 05:43 AM
That's not being "outta here," Raoul. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2013, 08:43 AM
... Sophomoric ahole reporting for duty Big Grin
04-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Re: My bible is the only science book I need...
It doesn't matter what someone has to say, if they can't communicate it in an effective way then no one is going to give a shit.

Likewise, even if someone has nothing but shit to say but can spin it so that it sounds good (polishing a turd), then people will listen. Like I don't know... William Lane Craig?