My birthday is coming up, and I'm not happy about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: My birthday is coming up, and I'm not happy about it.
22? You're 22? And you're upset about your teenage years?

I don't mean to be a meanie but your twenties will be the best years of your life and your 30's will even be better. Teenage years are shit for most people. I wouldn't live my teenage years over again if someone paid me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-07-2016, 12:33 PM
(24-07-2016 12:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  22? You're 22? And you're upset about your teenage years?

I don't mean to be a meanie but your twenties will be the best years of your life and your 30's will even be better. Teenage years are shit for most people. I wouldn't live my teenage years over again if someone paid me.

You can't go into a bar when you're a teenager, legally. Most agencies won't rent a car to someone under 25. Etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2016, 03:06 PM
(24-07-2016 10:02 AM)FreeThinker1994 Wrote:  Hi, all.

I have to rant. I hate feeling sorry for myself, but I can't help it right now.

I am turning 22 in a couple of days. I'm really not happy about it. I feel like I blinked and my teenage years were gone. I am dealing with my feelings of animosity toward religion. Most of my teenage years were spend in a constant state of struggle between my identity as a religious person, and my evolving beliefs and knowledge about myself. I spent most of my teenage years wishing I was someone else, and trying to live up to standards that were impossible to live up to. I struggled with the idea that my crazy emotions which dominated my life were demonic, and that I would know peace once I just stopped my sinful behaviors (thanks to the priest who planted that seed in my head).

It's like I woke up, and my teenage years were over. 21 was the last "fun" birthday. I feel like I'm growing up, and I welcome it - graduate school, my career, establishing myself in the world. But I feel like my life was stolen from me for so long. I feel like religion absolutely took my individualism away. When my friends share experiences from their teenage years, I don't have any stories. I was in Church all the time, and trying to join monasteries.

I feel like there was so much I should have experienced, but I didn't. And now it's over, and I'm growing up.

I can't help but feel sorry for myself around my birthday - it was the same last year. I'm all by myself, and I don't really have any close friends right now. I just feel pretty "bleh" about everything, but my birthday leaves me with the sense that I've missed out, that I'm behind everyone in experience and development, and that I'm kind of pathetic.

If I never would have accepted a friend's invitation to go to Church when I was 13, I wonder who I would be right now? I'm certain I'd be better off, and happier.

I just needed to share. I'm really not feeling my birthday, friends. I've turned off facebook notifications and everything for it. I want it to just be a normal day, but I'm a year older. Whenever I think of doing something special on my birthday this year, I can't help but think how much I feel I've missed.
You're upset about your 22nd birthday? I'm 66 and running out of birthdays. Suck it up, you self-indulgent twat! The easy part's over, now get to work and stop whining.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
24-07-2016, 03:32 PM
25 is still left as a milestone type birthday. Can rent a car, as pointed out. Your car insurance also usually goes down. Then in your 50s you get to join AARP. Hope those thoughts help some.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Unless you suffer from mental disorder, happiness is a choice as much as it is a happenstance.