My boyfriends soon-to-be sister in law, is a terrible person.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 12:24 AM
My boyfriends soon-to-be sister in law, is a terrible person.
Okay so maybe I'm overreacting by calling her a "terrible person" but she's just horrible to be around. Honestly I don't know how my boyfriends brother puts up with it. Basically she's my age and the first time I met her was last year, and I immediately got this feeling that she was jealous. I wasn't sure why she's jealous but I just got that feeling upon meeting her, as days went by I started talking to her more but I made the decision that I didn't really like her as a person. My SO told me that she's quite the annoying person and I experienced that for myself. Luckily we live in different states so I only have to see her when we visit his family. They live in Wisconsin and we live in California so things are different for us. Later on I found out she was saying bad things about me (my SO's brother told us), and I really didn't understand what I did wrong. To cut it short we all went on vacation in May and the entire time she threw a fit. When she doesn't get her way she throws a fit and likes to storm off. This time she decided it would be a good idea to yell at SO, and all
Of his brothers were blown away and told her she needed to stop, except for her boyfriend. My SO's mother told us that she was basically talking badly about our relationship to his mother, which is absolutely ridiculous. This girl has no boundaries and I honestly feel like she really is jealous of me and she's trying to give me a bad reputation. I've held my tongue for a while because her boyfriend has said that he will be leaving her but recently they just got engaged so I guess that's not happening anymore. Everyone is really upset that they're going to get married, even his mother is supporting him but she knows what kind of person she is. None of his brothers like her, and she continues to try and give me a bad reputation. This wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that she's now going to be apart of their family, and I'm going to have to see her every time we visit. I tend to have zero tolerance for bullshit and I'm trying to be the bigger person, but I have to see her again in a month because we're visiting. I'm not so sure how to handle this situation with her, I don't want to have to fake and act like I like her, but I don't want to be bluntly rude. She has also managed to cut her boyfriend off from the family and he also isn't the biggest fan of me either. We got along great at first but then once she came along, that all went out the window. How do I handle a situation like this? Ha, I'm sure someone has dealt with a situation like this. Please and thank you!!! Hope you all are having a great night/day'!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: My boyfriends soon-to-be sister in law, is a terrible person.
A woman I lived with for years had 3 sisters -- and only one of them liked me at all.... Her other two sisters were snooty assholes.

A big share of it came from their mother -- who "ruled the roost" -- and these women thought that guys were supposed to do what women told them to do.

Needless to say - that didn't work so well with me.

I don't really have any great advice of how to make things easier - except to say - look to yourself, and be honest. As long as you can say that you're not the one who is making things hard -- you're not the one who needs to make a change. You can't make other people not be assholes -- you can only make yourself.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Ignore her. Life is too precious to waste on toxic people. You only have to put up with her nonsense for family visits. She has to put up with herself for every minute of the rest of her life.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
13-08-2016, 12:26 PM
My sister is a snotty religious asshole. I felt sorry for my husband when he married me. I kinda warned him about her and sure enough , a couple of years after we got married I got wind of the fact that she didn't like my husband. After about 19 years of marriage to my husband she stopped talking to me for various reasons but mostly it's because she such a snoot.

When you marry into a family chances are someone in each of the families won't get along. There's not much you can do about it either.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.