My bro has had a stroke :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: My bro has had a stroke :(
My bro has had a stable night.

They gave him some other medication to stabilise his blood pressure and reduced his sedation and he began to come around but was agitated by the ventilator. The nurse was speaking to him and asked him to squeeze her hand, which he did.

They have sedated him again. Later on tonight or tomorrow they are going to try again to reduce the sedation and remove his ventilator.

They are beginning to think now that its possible that he only suffered a burst blood vessel and not an aneurysm or something. If that is the case then it helps his prognosis for a recovery. So now its a slow process to see how he recovers and what damage has been done.

My head was all over the place last night. Thank you again to everyone who has wished him well. All of your kind words made me cry this morning and I needed that.

Thank you Heart

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like bemore's post
02-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Sad I am so sorry
43 is so young for a stroke.

I hope you can get answers soon!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
02-12-2016, 12:01 PM
It's good that he was responsive! I hope this bodes well for his recovery.

Thanks for keeping us posted Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
02-12-2016, 12:11 PM
It sounds hopeful! You take good care of yourself!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-12-2016, 12:44 PM
(02-12-2016 11:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  My bro has had a stable night.

They gave him some other medication to stabilise his blood pressure and reduced his sedation and he began to come around but was agitated by the ventilator. The nurse was speaking to him and asked him to squeeze her hand, which he did.

They have sedated him again. Later on tonight or tomorrow they are going to try again to reduce the sedation and remove his ventilator.

They are beginning to think now that its possible that he only suffered a burst blood vessel and not an aneurysm or something. If that is the case then it helps his prognosis for a recovery. So now its a slow process to see how he recovers and what damage has been done.

My head was all over the place last night. Thank you again to everyone who has wished him well. All of your kind words made me cry this morning and I needed that.

Thank you Heart

Heart Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear this and I hope he gets better.

My BIL, early 40s, had a brain bleed last year and was hospitalized and recovering for quite a while. He's okay now, and it hasn't recurred. The doctors never did figure out what exactly led to the bleed.

Best of luck to your brother.
02-12-2016, 03:03 PM
(02-12-2016 11:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  My bro has had a stable night.

Thank you Heart

I was REALLY hoping you would say something like this. The fact they put in a drain to relieve the pressure, and get some of the blood and fluid out (the brain is a "juicy" organ), means at least he has a chance, and it prevents the swelling and gunk to cause "herniation". They should be able to get him off the vent in the next couple days. The numbers show that cerebral hemorrhages treated this way do better than doing nothing. Sounds like he may be coming around. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Thank you for updating. It sounds like he is in good hands. Cyber hugs to you!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
02-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Sounds as if he's responding positively. He's in the best of care.

I wondered why you posted that great photo you both on your FB page. I have been thinking of you both since seeing it - you look so much alike! Heart

Hang in there Bemore; all you can do is wait it out and go with what happens next. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-12-2016, 09:52 PM
That's great, stay positive, fingers crossed!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user