My bro has had a stroke :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: My bro has had a stroke :(
It will do no good to worry about what she will or won't do, it is out of your control. All you can do is be steady, consistent, be a rock for your brother.
This will take a toll on you, on your health. You need to form a strategy of taking care of yourself in the process.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
04-01-2017, 09:27 AM
My brothers condition has deteriorated.

He has been running a high temperature for the past two weeks and has been complaining of a really bad headache. He keeps his eyes shut 95% of the time as he says the light hurts his eyes.

He got moved to a different ward and today they have done a CT scan and lumbar puncture and he has fucking meningitis. The area where they performed the drain initially for his stroke is now full of pus and it is putting pressure on his brain.

They have put him on antibiotics and have said that they will perform another CT scan in 3 days. If the pus has not gone down they will have to perform surgery, which would be a last resort and they would prefer not to do. The doc's kept saying how serious this is for him.

My poor, poor brother Weeping

I'm just a wreck. I broke down at the hospital 2 days ago with my sister and bawled my eyes out. I'm exhausted. Everytime I try and sleep I can only sleep an hour at a time and dont feel like I have slept. All my muscles are aching like ive been lifting weights. I'm trying my best to look after myself, im trying everything I know to destress. Im doing cyclical abdominal breathing, meditation, taking warm baths before bed.

Nothing works.Sadcryface

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
04-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Oh man, I am so sorry.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Man, that's really bad. Hug Try and take care of yourself as best you can, though it looks like that is what you have been doing.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-01-2017, 09:50 AM
(04-01-2017 09:27 AM)bemore Wrote:  My brothers condition has deteriorated.

He has been running a high temperature for the past two weeks and has been complaining of a really bad headache. He keeps his eyes shut 95% of the time as he says the light hurts his eyes.

He got moved to a different ward and today they have done a CT scan and lumbar puncture and he has fucking meningitis. The area where they performed the drain initially for his stroke is now full of pus and it is putting pressure on his brain.

They have put him on antibiotics and have said that they will perform another CT scan in 3 days. If the pus has not gone down they will have to perform surgery, which would be a last resort and they would prefer not to do. The doc's kept saying how serious this is for him.

My poor, poor brother Weeping

I'm just a wreck. I broke down at the hospital 2 days ago with my sister and bawled my eyes out. I'm exhausted. Everytime I try and sleep I can only sleep an hour at a time and dont feel like I have slept. All my muscles are aching like ive been lifting weights. I'm trying my best to look after myself, im trying everything I know to destress. Im doing cyclical abdominal breathing, meditation, taking warm baths before bed.

Nothing works.Sadcryface

Oh dear. Is it a viral meningitis or the bacterial form? I'm really sorry to hear this. If it's the bacterial meningitis it's a little easier to cure if they got to it early. The viral form is harder to treat. There's not much one can do for a virus.

The only advice I can give you is to accept your misery and know there's not much you can do about it. Sometimes that's better than trying to make yourself feel better.

Lots of hugs and love to you.

Hug Heart Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm really sorry Bemore, Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Hugs to you. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-01-2017, 10:06 AM
These may be individual post man, but we are gathering around you. Wish we could be there for real.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
04-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Few words but many *hugs*, bemore. I am so sorry for what you're going through and I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me when you're dealing with so much.

I used to work for a lady who recovered from almost fatal meningitis with no physical damage, and someone else I worked with is gradually recovering after a massive stroke and being in a coma for months. Progress is slow but she is very determined.

I hope that your brother can be healed and fully returned to you, and that you get whatever help you need to survive this too. Take best possible care of yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes arethosemyfeet?'s post
04-01-2017, 06:25 PM
So sorry to hear this. I have brothers and would be very upset were something like that to happen.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post