My brother gave me a book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 10:43 AM
My brother gave me a book
You know the one who outed me to my dad in a family fight..
The book is from his know it all teacher and is called
"Science facts in the bible" by Ray comfort

Oh boy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: My brother gave me a book
Kill it with fire. Angry

Do not read that book!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Oh I'm not I just tucked it away
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
10-09-2016, 10:53 AM
Is it a book? Or just a paint by numbers.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
(10-09-2016 10:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Is it a book? Or just a paint by numbers.

If it was paint by numbers i would be all over it. But it's not it's a book
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Oh for fuck's sake! Facepalm

I would have said "if you've handed me a bible and told me to read it... at least then I wouldn't have thought you a COMPLETE idiot."

or another favourite of mine would be "no thanks I prefer to use real toilet paper"

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 6 users Like unsapien's post
10-09-2016, 11:03 AM
(10-09-2016 10:54 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake! Facepalm

I would have said "if you've handed me a bible and told me to read it... at least then I wouldn't have thought you a COMPLETE idiot."

or another favourite of mine would be "no thanks I prefer to use real toilet paper"

I just took it.. My dad was there.. I'm sure they all think I'm a heathen now..
10-09-2016, 11:07 AM
(10-09-2016 10:54 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Is it a book? Or just a paint by numbers.

If it was paint by numbers i would be all over it. But it's not it's a book

Perhaps you could hand him The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Then say I'll read this if you read that. Then after we're done, we'll talk about what we read.

Yeah it's probably him saying choke on that you godless heathen. But it also could be him attempting to "save" you. A feeble attempt; yes. As Ray Comfort is the farthest thing from a scientist. Being a co creator of the crocoduck, and bananas are proof for god exsitance. But an attempt all the same.

The worst that will happen from reading Ray Cumfarts book would be a intense headache, and maybe a sore nose from all the face palming.

You know your brother better then I do. So good luck. Obviously if you did choose to read it You would have to let us know so we can have a laugh. Or maybe help you with real science not just Ray's unbridled fantasies.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
10-09-2016, 11:08 AM
(10-09-2016 11:03 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:54 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake! Facepalm

I just took it.. My dad was there.. I'm sure they all think I'm a heathen now..

Hate to break it to you Jewel. But you are.

10-09-2016, 11:09 AM
The pages will work as well as newspaper to start the fire in the fireplace. At least that is a practical use.