My brother gave me a book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: My brother gave me a book
(10-09-2016 11:07 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:54 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  If it was paint by numbers i would be all over it. But it's not it's a book

Perhaps you could hand him The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Then say I'll read this if you read that. Then after we're done, we'll talk about what we read.

Yeah it's probably him saying choke on that you godless heathen. But it also could be him attempting to "save" you. A feeble attempt; yes. As Ray Comfort is the farthest thing from a scientist. Being a co creator of the crocoduck, and bananas are proof for god exsitance. But an attempt all the same.

The worst that will happen from reading Ray Cumfarts book would be a intense headache, and maybe a sore nose from all the face palming.

You know your brother better then I do. So good luck. Obviously if you did choose to read it You would have to let us know so we can have a laugh. Or maybe help you with real science not just Ray's unbridled fantasies.

THAT is a good idea! I don't have a Richard Dawkins book but I do have a Bart Ehrman book.

But I doubt I would get a good reaction. I opened the book when he first handed it to me and thanks to you guys I chuckled and closed it. It was the "100% true prophecies of the bible section"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 11:14 AM
(10-09-2016 11:08 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 11:03 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I just took it.. My dad was there.. I'm sure they all think I'm a heathen now..

Hate to break it to you Jewel. But you are.

Lol I know!!
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
10-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Well, you could wear it as a hat. It'll work in a pinch if it starts raining.
10-09-2016, 12:00 PM
(10-09-2016 11:34 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well, you could wear it as a hat. It'll work in a pinch if it starts raining.

I can't.. The teacher wants it back
10-09-2016, 12:10 PM
(10-09-2016 11:34 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well, you could wear it as a hat. It'll work in a pinch if it starts raining.

Probably wouldn't want to. It's full of so many science holes it would be better used as a sifter.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
10-09-2016, 12:33 PM
That sound was me facepalming on your behalf. Ray Comfort....oy. Sorry he gave you that book.

(10-09-2016 11:07 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:54 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  If it was paint by numbers i would be all over it. But it's not it's a book

Perhaps you could hand him The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Then say I'll read this if you read that. Then after we're done, we'll talk about what we read.
If she did have a copy on hand, I doubt, even if he started it, he'd go past the beginning of chapter two with the whole "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction" and such...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
tucked it away? aw hell no! Tear out the cover page, pee on it, and post a video of it spiraling down the device of circular reasoning Big Grin
10-09-2016, 01:09 PM
(10-09-2016 11:08 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 11:03 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I just took it.. My dad was there.. I'm sure they all think I'm a heathen now..

Hate to break it to you Jewel. But you are.

She's not a heathen, she's just a regular, normal person. I've never considered myself a heathen because it describes someone who is nonreligious from the religious point of view. To me "heathen" is a religious word. Nonbelief is the normal /default position.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-09-2016, 01:22 PM
So I decided to actually read the book and I'm so far not impressed.
I'm not educated in science but I do know enough of the bible to know this man is taking shit out of context.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
10-09-2016, 01:39 PM
(10-09-2016 12:00 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  

I can't.. The teacher wants it back

That isn't a teacher, it's a priest wearing a funny nose and mustache.

Don't bother with Dawkins, it's obviously above his reading level. Send him this instead:

The funny starts at the ~1:12 minute mark with the now infamous words, "Behold the atheist's nightmare..."

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post