My brother gave me a book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: My brother gave me a book
(10-09-2016 10:43 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  by Ray comfort

Says it all.

Despite superficial similarities, that isn't a book. It's an abuse of otherwise innocent ink and paper. It's neither religion nor science and designed for people who didn't stop when the Q-tip met resistance.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Ray Comfort is the best thing to happen to atheism after Ken Ham. Praise be to the Banana Man.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
10-09-2016, 02:11 PM
So I am using this as a learning experience. I am reading it and putting sticky notes in the book to correct it. Im using my bible to put the quotes back in context and I will send it back to my brothers teacher.
He's also misquoting Stephen hawking.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
10-09-2016, 02:15 PM
What kind of Teacher gave this to your brother? No a school teacher I hope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(10-09-2016 10:43 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  You know the one who outed me to my dad in a family fight..
The book is from his know it all teacher and is called
"Science facts in the bible" by Ray comfort

Oh boy

I've read that book! I highly recommend it, it is HILARIOUS! The things that moron touts as proofs are beyond ridiculous. That book is nothing more or less than a way for that braindead idiot Comfort to make money off of buffoons like your brother.

Try this, Jewel:

http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/88628511957

I would thank your brother profusely, and give him a copy of "The more than complete hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" in return. It makes a lot more sense, and Douglas Adams was indeed "The Prophet".

Stop letting these things in, Jewel. Anybody can say anything, and just because they wrote it down means they didn't have anything better to do. Pity them, if anything.

Love ya, girl. Chin up, shoulders back, pitying stare firmly in place. Shake your head at their ignorance and walk on by.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
10-09-2016, 02:25 PM
(10-09-2016 02:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What kind of Teacher gave this to your brother? No a school teacher I hope.

Pretty sure it's a school teacher.

I mean my economic teacher told us about the book "I hope they serve beer in hell"
Probably equally horrible
10-09-2016, 02:27 PM
(10-09-2016 02:19 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:43 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  You know the one who outed me to my dad in a family fight..
The book is from his know it all teacher and is called
"Science facts in the bible" by Ray comfort

Oh boy

I've read that book! I highly recommend it, it is HILARIOUS! The things that moron touts as proofs are beyond ridiculous. That book is nothing more or less than a way for that braindead idiot Comfort to make money off of buffoons like your brother.

Try this, Jewel:

http://exposingreligionblog.tumblr.com/post/88628511957

I would thank your brother profusely, and give him a copy of "The more than complete hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" in return. It makes a lot more sense, and Douglas Adams was indeed "The Prophet".

Stop letting these things in, Jewel. Anybody can say anything, and just because they wrote it down means they didn't have anything better to do. Pity them, if anything.

Love ya, girl. Chin up, shoulders back, pitying stare firmly in place. Shake your head at their ignorance and walk on by.

Thank you!
This book is hilarious! I was concerned at first because of how sensitive I can be. But this guy is an idiot.
[+] 7 users Like Jewelarcher's post
10-09-2016, 02:30 PM
(10-09-2016 01:39 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 12:00 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I can't.. The teacher wants it back

That isn't a teacher, it's a priest wearing a funny nose and mustache.

Don't bother with Dawkins, it's obviously above his reading level. Send him this instead:

The funny starts at the ~1:12 minute mark with the now infamous words, "Behold the atheist's nightmare..."
Every time I see that banana man doing his thing i want to ask him if that means that God didn't make apples, they don't come in a nonedible package, aren't the correct shape for eating and have a slippery surface. Don't eat them God didn't intend them as food!
10-09-2016, 02:31 PM
(10-09-2016 01:39 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 12:00 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I can't.. The teacher wants it back

That isn't a teacher, it's a priest wearing a funny nose and mustache.

Don't bother with Dawkins, it's obviously above his reading level. Send him this instead:

The funny starts at the ~1:12 minute mark with the now infamous words, "Behold the atheist's nightmare..."
OOPS Dubble post!
10-09-2016, 03:47 PM
(10-09-2016 02:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 02:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What kind of Teacher gave this to your brother? No a school teacher I hope.

Pretty sure it's a school teacher.

I mean my economic teacher told us about the book "I hope they serve beer in hell"
Probably equally horrible

If it's a school teacher. That is not good, especial if it's a public school. If this teacher is passing out religious text to students that a breach of the first amendment. Public schools are funded by the government as well as their employees. This teacher can't pass out books like that because it's promoting that individuals religious beliefs. If they went to the same church that's one thing but during school hours that's a big NO NO.

Just like that bitch that refused to allow gay couples get married in...shit i forgot the state. Alambama? Kentucky?...damn what was her name. Anyway I think you know who I'm talking about. She was not following the Constitution because she was a government official using her religious believe to dictate the law.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post