My brother wrote an article about YEC.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
My brother wrote an article about YEC.
Find it here.

Some pretty interesting stuff. Like dispensationalism, this belief is fairly new.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: My brother wrote an article about YEC.
Interesting. But he still doesn't get what the role of a "prophet" was, or the criteria he uses to determine what is a "false" one from a real one.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
(see post 82)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

01-03-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 02:03 PM by Vosur.)
Now that you mention it, KC, where has your brother been in the past few months? He left while we were discussing the reasons for his theistic beliefs. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
(01-03-2013 01:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Now that you mention it, KC, where has your brother been in the past few months? He left while we were discussing the reasons for his theistic beliefs. Consider
Kids and job, basically.

He manages the online community for the church as well as the theological research for sermons, so he's quite busy. That and 4 kids and a wife.

He wants to post, but he just doesn't have the time to commit. Much like me nowadays, I don't have a lot of time to commit to theological discussion.

01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
(01-03-2013 01:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Interesting. But he still doesn't get what the role of a "prophet" was, or the criteria he uses to determine what is a "false" one from a real one.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
(see post 82)
No, he does. I think he was addressing the connotative understanding of "prophet" since it's website for the laymen community and not theological scholars.

01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
(01-03-2013 02:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Kids and job, basically.

He manages the online community for the church as well as the theological research for sermons, so he's quite busy. That and 4 kids and a wife.

He wants to post, but he just doesn't have the time to commit. Much like me nowadays, I don't have a lot of time to commit to theological discussion.
That's understandable, although I would have loved to know how one can be a Calvinist without having had one of those fancy "Damascus Road Experiences". Wink

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
(01-03-2013 02:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's understandable, although I would have loved to know how one can be a Calvinist without having had one of those fancy "Damascus Road Experiences". Wink

Is that a new term for "brain aneurysm"?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Objection!

First of all, god makes prophets, so it ain't up to man to say, "Ellen wasn't a prophet." Unless of course - second of all - you got the sack to stone to death this Ellen. Tongue

And another thing - to which Bucky alludes - it's wondrous sign, and not "prophecy" which validates the prophet. And it's wondrous that we're still here talking about Ellen, yeah? Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-03-2013, 01:05 PM
(01-03-2013 08:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Objection!

First of all, god makes prophets, so it ain't up to man to say, "Ellen wasn't a prophet." Unless of course - second of all - you got the sack to stone to death this Ellen. Tongue

And another thing - to which Bucky alludes - it's wondrous sign, and not "prophecy" which validates the prophet. And it's wondrous that we're still here talking about Ellen, yeah? Big Grin
The fuck? HoC is back? DUDE! Thumbsup bout fucking time.
02-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Interesting article.

Why is your brother wearing such a silly dress?

Unsure