My brother wrote an article about YEC.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: My brother wrote an article about YEC.
Your brother makes some specific claims about the genesis of the Creationist movement. I'm pretty sure there must be plenty of anthropological archived research on the origins of the creationist movement in America already - does it marry up to his article ?

Also, AFAIK early geology was very much informed by the idea of a global flood and it was only after further research had shown this to be untenable that the prevailing paradigm in geology changed. Could he supply references for e.g. a pre-Ellen geologist suggesting a local flood and the wide adoption of this viewpoint ?

Also, he's got a typo somewhere where he spells origin 'origen', (not being nit-picky but if I wrote an article and made a typo I'd wanna fix it) and his title is misleading Tongue I mean title is "What I teach my kids about YEC" and the only line relating to that is one sentence at the end "I don't teach them squat about YEC 'cos it's not biblical".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
(02-03-2013 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  I mean title is "What I teach my kids about YEC" and the only line relating to that is one sentence at the end "I don't teach them squat about YEC 'cos it's not biblical".
I had a good laugh when I read that part. Right, he doesn't teach his kids about YEC because it's completely incoherent and contradicts the knowledge that we've gathered in pretty much every field of science, but because the Bible doesn't say so. Dodgy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
08-03-2013, 06:38 AM
(02-03-2013 05:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  I mean title is "What I teach my kids about YEC" and the only line relating to that is one sentence at the end "I don't teach them squat about YEC 'cos it's not biblical".
I had a good laugh when I read that part. Right, he doesn't teach his kids about YEC because it's completely incoherent and contradicts the knowledge that we've gathered in pretty much every field of science, but because the Bible doesn't say so. Dodgy
To be more accurate, science contradicts creation, not the other way round. Genesis predates modern science by thousands of years.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
08-03-2013, 07:51 AM
(08-03-2013 06:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 05:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I had a good laugh when I read that part. Right, he doesn't teach his kids about YEC because it's completely incoherent and contradicts the knowledge that we've gathered in pretty much every field of science, but because the Bible doesn't say so. Dodgy
To be more accurate, science contradicts creation, not the other way round. Genesis predates modern science by thousands of years.

And 'flat earth' predates 'spherical earth', and geocentrism predates heliocentrism, and astrology predates astronomy, and ...

So what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-03-2013, 08:24 AM
(08-03-2013 07:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 06:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  To be more accurate, science contradicts creation, not the other way round. Genesis predates modern science by thousands of years.

And 'flat earth' predates 'spherical earth', and geocentrism predates heliocentrism, and astrology predates astronomy, and ...

So what?

Lets not even get into the religions which predate Christianity.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
08-03-2013, 08:31 AM
(08-03-2013 06:38 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 05:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I had a good laugh when I read that part. Right, he doesn't teach his kids about YEC because it's completely incoherent and contradicts the knowledge that we've gathered in pretty much every field of science, but because the Bible doesn't say so. Dodgy

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevan...tradition/

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.