My case against the existence of a soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: My case against the existence of a soul
(28-07-2015 02:43 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, if resurrection means that I reunite with my body, what happens if I'm cremated and had my ashes dumped into the ocean, gobbled up as fish food and pooped out?

For god nothing is impossible so you don't have to worry Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-07-2015, 02:47 PM
(28-07-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, we die and spirit leaves physical body.

And your evidence for this is what?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2015, 02:48 PM
(28-07-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 01:51 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  My case against the existence of a soul and consequently, the existence of hell.

According to the bible, us heathens are doomed to suffer in a lake of fire for all of eternity. That means that we will experience pain after death. While here in our living bodies we experience pain via receptors that send signals to our brains alerting us to pain. When we die, we do not take our bodies with us, the brain and receptors are left to rot, yet we experience pain in hell. This can only mean that the soul is capable of feeling pain. Aye, here is the rub: If our souls can experience pain and it encompasses our bodies during life, then why does our bodies need pain receptors if the soul can handle the job? I have a hard time believing that god in all his infinite wisdom would be so ridiculously redundant. The logical conclusion to this consideration is that there is no soul, just as there is no hell and no god
You have no case.
Yes, we die and spirit leaves physical body. But then according to the Bible before the Judgement Day ALL people will be resurrected. It means only one thing - all people will have physical bodies again. Resurrection - spirit re-unites with physical body.
P.S. "Lake of fire" is symbolism which many people do not understand including you.

Darth Vader resurrected in spirit form in Return of the Jedi to live happily with Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi after he died. I know this is true, I saw the movie several times, he even came back in Hayden Christensen form after the prequels.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
28-07-2015, 02:50 PM
(28-07-2015 02:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  You have no case.
Yes, we die and spirit leaves physical body. But then according to the Bible before the Judgement Day ALL people will be resurrected. It means only one thing - all people will have physical bodies again. Resurrection - spirit re-unites with physical body.
P.S. "Lake of fire" is symbolism which many people do not understand including you.

"According to the bible", you have no fucking case whatsoever. Even if the bible were a credible source, you still would have no legs to stand on (Lieutenant Dan) because the bible only talks about believers recieving new glorified bodies, not unbelievers.
According to the Bible there are three different types of bodies in resurrection. Bodies with glory of Sun, glory of Moon and glory of stars.
Some people will be resurrected in bodies with celestial glory(glory of Sun), you said "glorified bodies", others with glory of Moon and many with glory of stars(not so glorified). Read New Testament.
So, you have no case.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 02:53 PM
And while we are on the subject of eternal torment, if the price for our sins is eternity in hell, then why isn't Jesus spending eternity in hell if he supposedly paid the price for our sins? Seems like he got a slap on the wrist. Propitiation my ass!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 02:54 PM
(28-07-2015 02:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, Jesus talks about in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, that the rich man was in torment (prior to the ressurection mind you). Please take your fairy tales elsewhere
So? where does it say he had physical pain?
when I feel guilty I am in torment. Symbolism which you do not understand.

28-07-2015, 02:55 PM
(28-07-2015 02:47 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:43 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, if resurrection means that I reunite with my body, what happens if I'm cremated and had my ashes dumped into the ocean, gobbled up as fish food and pooped out?

For god nothing is impossible so you don't have to worry Wink

Nothing except simple forgiveness without blood sacrifice. . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
28-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Sure, let me guess. The elements from which your body is organized do not become nothing. You were not organized from nothing. Gods know how to unite those elements together again.

28-07-2015, 02:57 PM
(28-07-2015 02:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, Jesus talks about in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, that the rich man was in torment (prior to the ressurection mind you). Please take your fairy tales elsewhere
So? where does it say he had physical pain?
when I feel guilty I am in torment. Symbolism which you do not understand.
Uh, perhaps the part where he begs Lazarus to dip his finger in water and touch his tongue because IT'S FUCKING BURNING. Bro, do you even bible?

[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 02:59 PM
(28-07-2015 02:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Sure, let me guess. The elements from which your body is organized do not become nothing. You were not organized from nothing. Gods know how to unite those elements together again.

Nothing a little super glue won't fix . . . smh