My case against the existence of a soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: My case against the existence of a soul
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible ....

The bible is a collection of myths and legends cobbled together by iron age tribesmen. It is interesting form a literary perspective but that is all. If you get your values from that it is no wonder you are so misguided.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
(28-07-2015 02:55 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:47 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  For god nothing is impossible so you don't have to worry Wink

Nothing except simple forgiveness without blood sacrifice. . .

Without little blood forgiveness wouldn't be so good story. Imagine Bible like that: and then god, our kindly heavenly parent realized that he couldn't condemn his creation to suffering for fault of their grand, grand...parents so he forgave them. Where is dramatism in this I ask thee.

I hope though smiley in earlier post was enough to show that I'm not serious.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
(28-07-2015 02:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, we die and spirit leaves physical body.

And your evidence for this is what?
This thread is about claims of the Bible. I explain to author of this thread that he has no case because he is wrong about what the Bible teaches about resurrection.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 03:01 PM
(28-07-2015 02:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible ....

The bible is a collection of myths and legends cobbled together by iron age tribesmen. It is interesting form a literary perspective but that is all. If you get your values from that it is no wonder you are so misguided.
I am not writing in this thread to discuss what the Bible is. I only explain what resurrection is according to the Bible.

28-07-2015, 03:04 PM
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:33 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  "According to the bible", you have no fucking case whatsoever. Even if the bible were a credible source, you still would have no legs to stand on (Lieutenant Dan) because the bible only talks about believers recieving new glorified bodies, not unbelievers.
According to the Bible there are three different types of bodies in resurrection. Bodies with glory of Sun, glory of Moon and glory of stars.
Some people will be resurrected in bodies with celestial glory(glory of Sun), you said "glorified bodies", others with glory of Moon and many with glory of stars(not so glorified). Read New Testament.
So, you have no case.

Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. What strange version says that?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2015, 03:05 PM
(28-07-2015 02:59 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:55 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Nothing except simple forgiveness without blood sacrifice. . .

Without little blood forgiveness wouldn't be so good story. Imagine Bible like that: and then god, our kindly heavenly parent realized that he couldn't condemn his creation to suffering for fault of their grand, grand...parents so he forgave them. Where is dramatism in this I ask thee.

No worries, sarcasm was detected

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
28-07-2015, 03:06 PM
(28-07-2015 03:04 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible there are three different types of bodies in resurrection. Bodies with glory of Sun, glory of Moon and glory of stars.
Some people will be resurrected in bodies with celestial glory(glory of Sun), you said "glorified bodies", others with glory of Moon and many with glory of stars(not so glorified). Read New Testament.
So, you have no case.

Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. What strange version says that?

They just went full Mormon.

[Image: trans5.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-07-2015, 03:08 PM
(28-07-2015 03:05 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:59 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Without little blood forgiveness wouldn't be so good story. Imagine Bible like that: and then god, our kindly heavenly parent realized that he couldn't condemn his creation to suffering for fault of their grand, grand...parents so he forgave them. Where is dramatism in this I ask thee.

No worries, sarcasm was detected

It lifts the weight from my heart.

Also it seem like I predicted answer that you will get from believer. Not that it was hard though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-07-2015, 03:08 PM
(28-07-2015 03:06 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 03:04 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. What strange version says that?

They just went full Mormon.

[Image: trans5.jpg]

That explains the lack of scriptural knowledge

28-07-2015, 03:12 PM
(28-07-2015 02:57 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  So? where does it say he had physical pain?
when I feel guilty I am in torment. Symbolism which you do not understand.
Uh, perhaps the part where he begs Lazarus to dip his finger in water and touch his tongue because IT'S FUCKING BURNING. Bro, do you even bible?
It is just symbolism which you do not understand. You also do not understand what it means when it says that beggar was in Abraham's bosom.
Should I explain what this symbolic language means? May be. But another time.
P.S. I am sis not bro.Kiss