My case against the existence of a soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: My case against the existence of a soul
(28-07-2015 03:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:57 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Uh, perhaps the part where he begs Lazarus to dip his finger in water and touch his tongue because IT'S FUCKING BURNING. Bro, do you even bible?
P.S. I am sis not bro.Kiss

That was just symbolism which you don't understand. . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 03:20 PM
And I actually do understand Abraham's breasts, they are where believers and unbelievers are kept until the ressurection (with a chasm separating both parties). Believers are kept in comfort while unbelievers in torment (sans resurrected body). Therefore, soul feels pain

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
28-07-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 04:32 PM by jennybee.)
(28-07-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 01:51 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  My case against the existence of a soul and consequently, the existence of hell.

According to the bible, us heathens are doomed to suffer in a lake of fire for all of eternity. That means that we will experience pain after death. While here in our living bodies we experience pain via receptors that send signals to our brains alerting us to pain. When we die, we do not take our bodies with us, the brain and receptors are left to rot, yet we experience pain in hell. This can only mean that the soul is capable of feeling pain. Aye, here is the rub: If our souls can experience pain and it encompasses our bodies during life, then why does our bodies need pain receptors if the soul can handle the job? I have a hard time believing that god in all his infinite wisdom would be so ridiculously redundant. The logical conclusion to this consideration is that there is no soul, just as there is no hell and no god
You have no case.
Yes, we die and spirit leaves physical body. But then according to the Bible before the Judgement Day ALL people will be resurrected. It means only one thing - all people will have physical bodies again. Resurrection - spirit re-unites with physical body.
P.S. "Lake of fire" is symbolism which many people do not understand including you.

Just because you read something in an ancient book doesn't make it true.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-07-2015, 04:08 PM
(28-07-2015 02:43 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, if resurrection means that I reunite with my body, what happens if I'm cremated and had my ashes dumped into the ocean, gobbled up as fish food and pooped out?

Supposedly God gives you a new body.

2 Corinthians 5: For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-07-2015, 05:24 PM
(28-07-2015 04:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:43 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Also, if resurrection means that I reunite with my body, what happens if I'm cremated and had my ashes dumped into the ocean, gobbled up as fish food and pooped out?
we will have a house in heaven

This is why I believe the "we" is attributed to believers and not a universal we

[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
28-07-2015, 10:58 PM
(28-07-2015 03:04 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible there are three different types of bodies in resurrection. Bodies with glory of Sun, glory of Moon and glory of stars.
Some people will be resurrected in bodies with celestial glory(glory of Sun), you said "glorified bodies", others with glory of Moon and many with glory of stars(not so glorified). Read New Testament.
So, you have no case.

Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. What strange version says that?
this strange version is King James Bible
I Cor 15:
35 ...how are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
40 there are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of celestial is one, and the glory of terrestrial is another.
41 there is one glory of the sun, and another of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory
42 so also is the resurrection of the dead.

All those who enter Celestial Kingdom will have physical bodies with glory of sun. Gods have this kind of bodies. All the rest will have physical bodies either with glory of moon or glory of stars(Telestial glory) the lowest glory.
So, all people will resurrect with physical bodies only with different glory.
Spirits do not feel physical pain, they have no physical bodies. But they can feel emotional pain.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 11:01 PM
(28-07-2015 03:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  And I actually do understand Abraham's breasts, they are where believers and unbelievers are kept until the ressurection (with a chasm separating both parties). Believers are kept in comfort while unbelievers in torment (sans resurrected body). Therefore, soul feels pain
Good, I am glad you understand this symbolism. But you do not understand another one.
Nowhere in the Bible says that spirits feel physical pain. They have no flesh.
Sorry, you didn't make your case, brother.

28-07-2015, 11:03 PM
(28-07-2015 04:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just because you read something in an ancient book doesn't make it true.
I agree.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
28-07-2015, 11:17 PM
(28-07-2015 05:24 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 04:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  we will have a house in heaven

This is why I believe the "we" is attributed to believers and not a universal we
John 5
29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto resurrection of damnation.
So, all dead will be resurrected. What is resurrection? It is when spirit unites with flesh or physical body. Physical death is when spirit leaves flesh(physical body)
And Paul told us that there are resurrected bodies with three different glories.
I rest my case.

28-07-2015, 11:19 PM
(28-07-2015 02:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible ....

The bible is a collection of myths and legends cobbled together by iron age tribesmen.
I am not here to prove you wrong about what the Bible is. I am not interested in this.