My case against the existence of a soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 04:01 PM by Alla.)
RE: My case against the existence of a soul
(29-07-2015 03:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sure, let me guess. The elements from which your body is organized do not become nothing. You were not organized from nothing. Gods know how to unite those elements together again.
Quote: let me guess

These are the operable words here.
There's no evidence for any of these claims.
That is why I do not claim that my guess is 100% truth. One day God will reveal how He restores what was once destroyed.
Our bodies where not made out of thin air(out of nothing). Once destroyed they do not become nothing. Gods can unite those elements again.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2015, 04:00 PM
(29-07-2015 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [quote='Alla' pid='822302' dateline='1438205385']
Quote: according to the Bible

And that's the problem.
According to the Vedas...blah, blah, blah is supposed to happen.
According to the Quran...blah, blah, blah, is supposed to happen.
According to the Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh faith) blah, blah blah is supposed to happen.
Author of this thread said that according to the Bible.........I make my case.
I said that according to the Bible he has no case.
That is all.
This thread is not about whether the Bible is true or not. I am not interested in this kind of useless discussion.

29-07-2015, 04:12 PM
(28-07-2015 01:51 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Aye, here is the rub: If our souls can experience pain and it encompasses our bodies during life, then why does our bodies need pain receptors if the soul can handle the job?
Our bodies have pain receptors because it has given us a stepwise reproductive advantage. It has enabled us to detect things that damage our bodies and hence to react in a way to avoid harm to our bodies. This avoidance of harm has allowed us to live long enough to reproduce, more so that those competing within our own gene pool who has less ability to detect and react to things damaging their bodies.

Regarding the alleged soul? Is this an abstract concept or is it something that is real?
If it is real (rather than conceptual) then what does my soul weigh? How big is it? What is it made of? By what mechanism (explained in terms of the four fundamental fources of nature) does it attach itself to my body and cause my body to move? How can I measure if a person has a soul or not?
29-07-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 04:42 PM by Alla.)
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Regarding the alleged soul? Is this an abstract concept or is it something that is real?
It is real.
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If it is real (rather than conceptual) then what does my soul weigh?

I don't know because God didn't reveal this information and no mortal man knows how to figure this out.
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  How big is it?
The same answer. But according to the revelation from biblical God spirit bodies are much larger then human physical bodies.
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is it made of?
from spirit matter.
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  By what mechanism (explained in terms of the four fundamental fources of nature) does it attach itself to my body and cause my body to move?
God didn't give an answer to this question. I guess because this information is totally useless to those who do not know how to detect spirit.
(29-07-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  How can I measure if a person has a soul or not?
If person is alive she or he has spirit body inside of physical body.
If it is dead body of flesh and bones it has no spirit.

29-07-2015, 04:42 PM
29-07-2015, 04:43 PM
(29-07-2015 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 03:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  What does it have to do with your case?
If according to the Bible all people have physical bodies in resurrection then you have no case.

Quote: according to the Bible

And that's the problem.

According to the Vedas...blah, blah, blah is supposed to happen.

According to the Quran...blah, blah, blah, is supposed to happen.

According to the Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh faith) blah, blah blah is supposed to happen.

Whenever someone start off a religious conversation saying ...according to the ______ (full in the blank).....right from the get-go I know it's a load of ridiculous drivel written by superstitious simpletons. Pffft Tongue.

Drinking Beverage

According to the Kama Sutra there are 64 sexual positions. All but 10 or so are unachievable by normal humans.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Coursera has some interesting lectures in its course Soul Beliefs: Causes and Consequences.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-07-2015, 04:49 PM
(28-07-2015 03:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  P.S. I am sis not bro.Kiss

Pretty sure the Bible says you shouldn't be preaching, then.

What's that? You're Muslim? Then why are you talking to strange men at all?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-07-2015, 05:05 PM
(29-07-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:56 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  A good person? Romans 3:10: There is none who are good, no not one"
Paul meant that all of us deserve hell. None of us is good(righteous) to live in presence of Gods. Why? Because each one of us sin or transgression laws of God. Sin is when you break the law knowingly. Transgression is when you break one law in order to keep another. For example, Adam and Eve transgressed the law, they partook of the fruit(disobeyed) in order to keep another law - multiply and replenish.
But among sinners there are people who do a lot of good and there are people who do a lot of evil. So people who do a lot of good can be called "good people". relatively to those who do lots of evil. If compare with serial killer you are wonderful person.
(29-07-2015 08:56 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  If you believe that one can get to heaven by being a good person, then you have to also believe that Jesus' death6on the cross was pointless
You will have an opportunity to accept Christ in spirit prison.

Will I get three hots and a cot? I may wanna stay and milk the system . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2015, 05:07 PM
(29-07-2015 03:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Even if the bible makes a case for the physical resurrection of unbelievers, anything the bible says has to be taken on faith as there is no evidence to support it's validity
What does it have to do with your case?
If according to the Bible all people have physical bodies in resurrection then you have no case.

What is your definition of death?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user