My case against the existence of a soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: My case against the existence of a soul
(29-07-2015 09:09 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 04:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  Author of this thread said that according to the Bible.........I make my case.
I said that according to the Bible he has no case.
That is all.
This thread is not about whether the Bible is true or not. I am not interested in this kind of useless discussion.
Wait, wait, wait, wait...
This thread is a discussion about what may or may not be in the bible and whether we can determine the truth of the bible is a "useless discussion?"
It's central to the question. If the bible isn't true then any truth claims within must be at least viewed with a critical eye, if not rejected outright. That's not relevant?
Smacks of a misdirection. Dishonest.
It is not relevant to this thread. Honestly.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 07:55 AM
(29-07-2015 08:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you asking about physical death? or spiritual death?

Which comes first? And why?
First we die spiritually as soon as we commit our first sin or our first transgression. Adam and Eve died the same day they partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. They transgressed one law of God so they could obey the other one. They died spiritually. Spiritual death is separation from God. That is why they couldn't be in the garden of Eden any more.
Then comes physical death. Adam and Eve chose to know evil. Physical death is evil. They got what they chose to know and experience. By learning evil(death) they became like Gods. Gods know what evil(death) is. Gods know it from their personal experience.

30-07-2015, 07:58 AM
(29-07-2015 07:50 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you asking about physical death? or spiritual death?

Spiritual
Spiritual death is separation from God.
Q:What causes spiritual death?
A: Sin or transgression.
The moment we sin we are spiritually dead. We have to be born again.

30-07-2015, 08:01 AM
"Die spiritually", "Sin of first transgression", "knowledge of good and evil" -- all are simply spooky sounding constructions to make it easier for religions to take domination of simple minded people.

When you can observe, quantify, verify and in short PROVE there's such a thing a "soul" -- we'll begin to pay attention to the rest of the gibberish.....

Until then -- it remains part of the "Fiction" section....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-07-2015, 08:05 AM
(29-07-2015 11:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  What shouldn't I preach according to the Bible?
Anything, according to the New Testament.
1) I didn't preach anything. Not yet, not in this thread.
I don't think I ever preached on this forum. At least I do not remember I ever did it.
2)Are you talking about Paul saying that women can not talk in Church? If yes, that is one of the many errors of the Bible translation.
Paul was talking about authority in Church. Women do not have priesthood but men do have it.

30-07-2015, 08:09 AM
(30-07-2015 07:55 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which comes first? And why?
Gods know it from their personal experience.

Now that is a claim I certainly have never heard before. A marvelous one, how did you conclude that knowledge? Who expressed that claim and what experience of Death did God have before he created everything?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-07-2015, 08:09 AM
(30-07-2015 08:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Die spiritually", "Sin of first transgression", "knowledge of good and evil" -- all are simply spooky sounding constructions to make it easier for religions to take domination of simple minded people.

When you can observe, quantify, verify and in short PROVE there's such a thing a "soul" -- we'll begin to pay attention to the rest of the gibberish.....

Until then -- it remains part of the "Fiction" section....
That is OK with me if you do not pay attention.