My cat is hogging up my bed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2012, 08:57 AM
RE: My cat is hogging up my bed.
(22-05-2012 01:10 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  He likes sleeping by my head and even though I try to put him down by my feet he just goes back to my head. If I push him off my bed he'll probably go to the door and start meowing to be let out. This is a serious conundrum guys...
Try this. Just before bedtime, smother him with attention to the point that he's furious with you, then go to bed. He won't hang out with you for a while.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
22-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I would suggest a 24 hour marinade. Cats tend to be pretty tough, so make sure the marinade is fairly acidic. Lemon juice as a base works well.

Problem solved.

BONUS: belly full.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-05-2012, 09:35 AM
GodsCats can be pretty demanding.
A friend of mine had a similar issue with animal crowding of the comfy spots in each room. She ended up making two small comfy chairs in the living room- one each for her cat and dog, and a separate comfy bed for them both in the bedroom. Nothing elaborate, just cozy, very basic but presentable looking.

It worked out very well; if a cat or dog was in the human chair or bed, she would just transfer it to it's own designated spot. Very soon, when they saw her coming, they would transfer themselves -it had become routine. Then, the only time anyone was allowed in the human place with the human was when specifically called, during hugging/play time or during a storm. The whole situation helped her to take charge of other situations with them as well; it let everyone know who was top animal of the bunch.

Very often, it's an issue of who owns whom. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-05-2012, 04:55 PM
(22-05-2012 01:10 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  He likes sleeping by my head and even though I try to put him down by my feet he just goes back to my head. If I push him off my bed he'll probably go to the door and start meowing to be let out. This is a serious conundrum guys...

Dunno why people like cats, 'cause they sure as hell don't like you. The little fucker is obviously trying to smother you in your sleep so it can EAT you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-05-2012, 05:57 PM
(22-05-2012 04:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Dunno why people like cats, 'cause they sure as hell don't like you. The little fucker is obviously trying to smother you in your sleep so it can EAT you.
Now you just stop that, Girly! Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
22-05-2012, 06:31 PM
(22-05-2012 04:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My cat loves me! Especially if I'm covered in delicious traces of foodstuff. He's all teeth and tongue then Big Grin

Well, actually he does show affection of a sort that humans would think of as love.... but who knows, he might just think I'm his mother. Which is fine. Smile
22-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Our cats just crash on us or near us. They certainly have no worries about how comfortable we are Smile

My old cat used to push me over to the edge when she wanted more room, she also had me trained to get her glasses of water...WTF?

My dogs never got away with anything and an 8 pound cat ruled me. Love them anyway.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-05-2012, 06:58 PM
(22-05-2012 06:31 PM)elemts Wrote:  Well, actually he does show affection of a sort that humans would think of as love.... but who knows, he might just think I'm his mother. Which is fine. Smile

Or he's strategizing how he can take down a much bigger but totally clueless opponent and then EAT them.

(22-05-2012 06:35 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  My dogs never got away with anything and an 8 pound cat ruled me. Love them anyway.

I know I've said this here before. If your life is in peril your dog will do its damndest to try and save your sorry ass. Your cat will watch you die and then EAT you. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-05-2012, 07:02 PM
(22-05-2012 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-05-2012 06:31 PM)elemts Wrote:  Well, actually he does show affection of a sort that humans would think of as love.... but who knows, he might just think I'm his mother. Which is fine. Smile

Or he's strategizing how he can take down a much bigger but totally clueless opponent and then EAT them.

(22-05-2012 06:35 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  My dogs never got away with anything and an 8 pound cat ruled me. Love them anyway.

I know I've said this here before. If your life is in peril your dog will do its damndest to try and save your sorry ass. Your cat will watch you die and then EAT you. Wink
So true! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-05-2012, 07:04 PM
(22-05-2012 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I have suspected that before, one night I even asked him "are you going to kill me in my sleep?" and he seemed to look innocent quite suspiciously..... Then he licked me (tasted?).
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post