My childhood friend was insulted by a fellow athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 02:08 AM
My childhood friend was insulted by a fellow athiest
Laugh out load The following is from the FB post: M and J are her other friends, S is OP

S is feeling annoyed Angry

M: Why?

S: I just got told that Scientist are right and God is Wrong. Things like that are irritating.

M: J and I were talking about this the other day. If they allow themselves to dig a little deeper than their college textbooks, most Scientists end up believing in God. There's even a quote that says something like that.
The truth is, God created what we call "science" and a true Scientist will back up God.

S: M yes, I have read so many stories that say that Scientist will deny him and won't even look at the Bible because they cannot explain it.
I have also read that Scientist who try to prove that God doesn't exist end up believing in him and turning their life over to him.
In our mom squad last week have said that most Scientist will acknowledge Jesus, but they have no idea how he was able to perform miracles. Then there are some who won't even say his name. She was pretty upset because I don't trust Scientist at all. Some are great, but there are others who probably shouldn't have a degree. I just can't agree with 90% of what they say.

I have known her since we were little and have known she was religious. I did not know she was this far down the rabbit hole. Facepalm

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 02:09 AM
RE: My childhood friend was insulted by a fellow athiest
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
19-08-2017, 03:25 AM
I'm not getting the bit where someone was insulted, nor do I see which of these people is an atheist. To me it looks like two religious people?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2017, 03:56 AM
Yabbut?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-08-2017, 04:52 AM
Whut?
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
19-08-2017, 05:00 AM
I'm having a hard time making sense of the conversation, and I'm not sure how someone saying scientists are right and god is wrong (about what?) is an insult to that person or to god.

It does point to a problem when dealing with some religious people or other fanatics. Some so closely identify with their ideology that any question of it's considered a personal attack. At the same time, they insist on being able to talk to others about their faith and ideas. Of course that's not a fair approach to a debate, or even a conversation.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
19-08-2017, 05:12 AM
I suppose that if you ignore the thread title and don't try to reconcile the portrayed conversation with it, you have two theists reinforcing each other's confirmation bias about creationism / ID and telling themselves that this science this is really No Big Deal.

The fact that some scientists are Christians does not invalidate science as a method or "90%" of its discoveries anymore than the fact that a policeman is an atheist means he can't issue you a parking ticket.

In any case these two yokels are most likely happy to own smartphones, have hot running water in their houses, etc., so until they are willing to foreswear the applied science in their lives and live off the land, they can go fuck themselves.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
19-08-2017, 05:34 AM
There were these two girls.

Two.

There may have been a third.

Hey, it was the 80's and I would sleep with anyone.

Did I ever tell you about the Roman dinner party, complete with slaves, I once held?

No?

Oh well.

Hey, is this on topic?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
19-08-2017, 06:14 AM
(19-08-2017 05:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey, is this on topic?

About as on topic as anything in this thread Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-08-2017, 10:51 AM
(19-08-2017 03:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not getting the bit where someone was insulted, nor do I see which of these people is an atheist. To me it looks like two religious people?
She was insulted by someone out on the street. I should have chosen a better title in hindsight. 2 am is hard on the brain lol

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament