My childhood friend was insulted by a fellow athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: My childhood friend was insulted by a fellow athiest
I take it your childhood friend finds reality disturbing and gets insulted by facts.

Give that person a sugar pill and tell them it's a highly addictive drug that makes you feel high for hours.

Religious people will believe anything.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
19-08-2017, 03:29 PM
(19-08-2017 10:51 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  She was insulted by someone out on the street. I should have chosen a better title in hindsight...

Sorry, but I'm having trouble putting this complicated little dialogue together—must be my incipient senility? Blink

Are you saying that your childhood friend is [1.] an atheist, or, [2.] a theist? Is she M or J? And who did the insulting of whom? Was it M insulting J, or was J insulting M?

And presumably, you're S—who read M's comments, or was it J's comments? Was it M or J who was "insulted" by a complete stranger on the street, and how, exactly, does that sort of thing happen?

—Whatever, the purported claims about scientists, their own religion or lack thereof, and their views about religion are total bullshit.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-08-2017, 03:51 PM
(19-08-2017 02:08 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  S: I just got told that Scientist are right and God is Wrong. Things like that are irritating.

Scientists are not always right and God is never wrong.

That's because the scientific method is self correcting in that it seeks to discover the flaws and limitations of the current level of understanding. And God cannot be wrong because God does not exist.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
19-08-2017, 09:36 PM
(19-08-2017 03:51 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 02:08 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  S: I just got told that Scientist are right and God is Wrong. Things like that are irritating.

Scientists are not always right and God is never wrong.

That's because the scientific method is self correcting in that it seeks to discover the flaws and limitations of the current level of understanding. And God cannot be wrong because God does not exist.

Huh
19-08-2017, 09:57 PM
It would be a very weird atheist who would go around saying stuff like that. More likely they have reduced what was said to this ridiculous strawman.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2017, 10:10 PM
(19-08-2017 09:57 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  It would be a very weird atheist who would go around saying stuff like that. More likely they have reduced what was said to this ridiculous strawman.

Nice buzzword!
19-08-2017, 10:16 PM
(19-08-2017 05:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  There were these two girls.

Two.

There may have been a third.

Hey, it was the 80's and I would sleep with anyone.

Did I ever tell you about the Roman dinner party, complete with slaves, I once held?

No?

Oh well.

Hey, is this on topic?

Yes, Banjo, it is very much on topic. Tell me, were there didgeridoos involved? Please tell me there were didgeridoo involved.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-08-2017, 04:32 PM
(19-08-2017 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 05:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  There were these two girls.

Two.

There may have been a third.

Hey, it was the 80's and I would sleep with anyone.

Did I ever tell you about the Roman dinner party, complete with slaves, I once held?

No?

Oh well.

Hey, is this on topic?

Yes, Banjo, it is very much on topic. Tell me, were there didgeridoos involved? Please tell me there were didgeridoo involved.

Once, in band camp...

Oh never mind.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post