My christian friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
RE: My christian friend
first @ satan: They are not all stupid, they just think in boxes. One box is religious and godly, the other box is the rest. They are great in thinking like that.

now about those pictures:
I wish there were some sources but well let's see...

pic 1 the grooved spheres ancient artifact

pic 2 ica stones
hoax imho. either he found a few stones and then wanted to top it so he made this one, or all stones or a hoax, or people back then had an idea that dinosaurs existed, which I doubt but who can be sure.

pic 3 Antikythera mechanism
Very early people already had ideas about mechanisms and even tried around with them, going for egyptians and maya here, great inventions. Also who knows how accurate the dating was in 1900? And it also doesn't talk about origins in the article.

pic 4 baghdad battery
Not mysterious at all. As I just mentioned, people came up with great ideas and inventions all the time. Some got lost along the way and are found now because archeologists find them. So?

pic 5 coso artifact
"Unfortunately, the Coso Artifact has gone missing and cannot be thoroughly examined."
any questions?

pic 6 ancient model aircraft
Everyone can find out that something with wings glides better than something without, birds where already knows 1000 years ago Wink So you look at a bird, you find light material and you build something that will glide. Big miracle.

pic 7 giant stone balls
I can teach a child how to make a ball out of clay or how to hit a stone so it will be round. It does not have to have a reason that there is a big ball made of stone. But it can have some: decoration, incomplete skulpture, some kind of tool (yes even the big ball), something to practice something on (whatever)...

pic 8 impossible fossil (handprint)
fake. simple as that. limestone is used so much in all kinds of areas, for road work, for color, as building material. Also limestone is found to be in many caves and so on, so why not just make a handprint in limestone, put it somewhere and then "find" it.

pic 9 out of place metal object
"In 1912, employees at an electric plant broke apart a large chunk of coal out of which fell an iron pot!"... ok?
I was at an archeological site in Romania once, and I found nails and roof plates and parts of pottery that has been left laying around. My nail had a crust outside, too. That's what happens if you have stuff laying around in earth and sand etc for hundrets of years. Not 65 million Big Grin

pic 10 shoe print
come on, a shoeprint? who dated that?

pic 11 foot print
enough talking about that

For all of this I only used my brain. Didn't even look anything up (but what limestone is). What's so difficult.
I see no disproval of evolution here, just a bunch of blabla.

What amuses me is that your friend takes something seriously that has no basis, no names, no studies but claims to be of value. It is even written like for the Fox-news.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
12-02-2012, 06:00 PM
(11-02-2012 11:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It is evidence that an advanced Atlantean-like civilization existed on earth 100s of millions of years ago.
Hey! The Atlantean period lasted for about past 12 million years. Lemurians could make that footprint too, but their period was only 6 million years before that. All older root races were only semi-solid etheric wraiths, unable to make a footprint. There's no way men could have walked with dinosaurs, they died out 60 million years ago.
Read your Blavatsky Wink Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
(11-02-2012 10:00 PM)Barlow Wrote:  He all,

Ive joined this forum for one reason, to get my question answered.

My christian friend came to me and showed be a bunch of articles on these artifacts, and he should that he all these question what is real life today and some even disprove evolution.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ancientan...tprint.htm

Heres the articles, can someone help me with disproving these? ive already disprove the Ica stones. But this is really questioning my brain.

Jerry MacDonald is not a paleontologist, just an amateur fossil collector. I don't take his dating of strata or fossil too seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
(12-02-2012 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 10:00 PM)Barlow Wrote:  He all,

Ive joined this forum for one reason, to get my question answered.

My christian friend came to me and showed be a bunch of articles on these artifacts, and he should that he all these question what is real life today and some even disprove evolution.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ancientan...tprint.htm

Heres the articles, can someone help me with disproving these? ive already disprove the Ica stones. But this is really questioning my brain.

Jerry MacDonald is not a paleontologist, just an amateur fossil collector. I don't take his dating of strata or fossil too seriously.

When I was in grad school there was a faculty member that was considered the expert of vertebrate paleontology in the Department of Geology. At that point in time he did not have even a bachelor's degree in any subject, yet alone one involving vertebrate paleo. He was officially the curator of the fossil collection, but would later get his doctorate in the subject. I do not know much about Jerry MacDonald but I think it is fair to say that his expertise has evolved beyond that of being an "amateur fossil collector"...I would also guess that he did not personally date the strata or the fossils.
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Barlow, your being silly. You don't need to make a research paper to prove there is no god. All you have to do is show your dumb friend this documentary: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-my-god-died/

Its about kids as young as 7 years old being kidnapped and sold as prostitutes. They are beaten and have all kinds of horrible things done to them. The title of the movie is very accurate. If your friend still believes a god exists after watching it, she is a idiot. Most christians are.
13-02-2012, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 08:00 PM by FSM_scot.)
No....no...no....NOOOOOOO....topDocumentaryfilms.com *breaks down sobbing in a corner due to abdelz based Vietnam style flashback*

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
13-02-2012, 11:52 PM
(12-02-2012 11:18 PM)satan69 Wrote:  If your friend still believes a god exists after watching it, she is a idiot. Most christians are.

Ya know, some of us are former theists. I'll tell you from experience that it's not true that "most christians are idiots", and it's not just because I was some kind of exception. As human beings, our brains are wired to make mistakes such as conforming to stupid ideas. This had survival value in humankind's past and, to a lesser degree, our present.

So please, don't be so harsh on the theists. "They know not what they do."

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
14-02-2012, 06:07 AM
I was a theist. I speak from experience. I was a idiot. I blame my parents for making me a idiot. That's why I dont speak to them anymore.
14-02-2012, 12:04 PM
(14-02-2012 06:07 AM)satan69 Wrote:  I was a theist. I speak from experience. I was a idiot. I blame my parents for making me a idiot. That's why I dont speak to them anymore.

I was a Christian. I was not an idiot... I was indoctrinated and coerced into belief with threats of eternal damnation. I denied my own common sense and critical thinking and directed it toward apologetics to shore up my own faith, and it only worked temporarily and I did so out of fear.

This doesn't make me stupid or an idiot. Not all Christians are stupid or idiots. Some willfully deny what they know to be true. Some lack real education on the sciences. Some are desperate and have nothing else to turn to. Some are very intelligent, many are at least of average intelligence. Most either do not know or reject the knowledge or conform the knowledge to fit their beliefs.

If you say you were an idiot, that's on you. But I think you're oversimplifying.