My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: My conversion...
(06-02-2014 02:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Typical. If you point out a logical inconsistency to a theist, the story usually changes.

Yes, in the criminal justice world this is known as an "evolving story", and it is seen as a clear indication that the story-teller is lying.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-02-2014, 09:44 PM
(06-02-2014 09:10 PM)Pippen Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Actually I did. I like you challenged Christians, debated with him, began to do whatever I could to defeat them this meant reading the bible and talking with like minded people trying to convince them of the error of their ways. that is how I came up with the whole Idea that putting spirits into fire was 'proof' that an all knowing God could not exist. Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school. and made a commitment to them to keep doing so till they stopped turning their cheeks and stopped me or if their God would have to stop me. To show me/prove to me I was wrong.

I was faithful to everything I had as little and as terriable as it was. God took my mustard seed and grew it into a belief that moved the mountains of doubt..

This is going to sound awfully rude, but do you think you might have a personality disorder? That is not normal behaviour. You sound very angry and you said you had a hard life.

You have provided an example of your behaviour when you hated God. What is different now? I only ask because you still sound angry as all get out.
dude I was 19/20ish... What kid who has lived a hard life is not angry at that age?

As far as who I am now.. My wife described me (I just asked her) as Passionate, a Pun-ie/dry sense of humor, She also say I am very objective/disconnected from personal feeling when a decision has to be made.

Does that make me angry person now? Honestly I do not care. Tongue
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
(06-02-2014 11:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  Buddhism does not work that way. budda is not a god. The budda was a man who found spiritual enlightment. Buddhists are to walk the path to find said enlightment. 'suffering' is supposed to be apart of one's journey.

Incorrect.

The idea of "Enlightenment" is a later contrivance. "Suffering" is not "apart [SIC] of one's journey"; it is that which one practices in order to eradicate.

No surprise that you are just as confused about Buddhism as you are about your superstitions.

Quote:... but I thought the existence of suffering, that it could be addressed, etc, comprised the Four Noble Truths and was, in many ways, the enlightenment sought by Buddhism (or the motivation to seek that enlightenment?), rather than apart from the journey.

You are correct. It's all about the eradication of suffering.

06-02-2014, 09:51 PM
(06-02-2014 09:44 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 09:10 PM)Pippen Wrote:  This is going to sound awfully rude, but do you think you might have a personality disorder? That is not normal behaviour. You sound very angry and you said you had a hard life.

You have provided an example of your behaviour when you hated God. What is different now? I only ask because you still sound angry as all get out.
dude I was 19/20ish... What kid who has lived a hard life is not angry at that age?

As far as who I am now.. My wife described me (I just asked her) as Passionate, a Pun-ie/dry sense of humor, She also say I am very objective/disconnected from personal feeling when a decision has to be made.

Does that make me angry person now? Honestly I do not care. Tongue

Yes, you are STILL angry, and so angry you don't even know how NOT to be angry. You wouldn't be wasting your time bouncing in and getting kicked off of forum after forum on your little self-appointed delusional crusade to try to bully us if you weren't angry as FUCK.

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-02-2014, 09:51 PM
(06-02-2014 09:14 PM)Noelani Wrote:  I wonder why the biblical god doesn't give every nonbeliever these dreams.
Because not all nonbelievers want to or need to see the gates of Hell. That Said Christ promised the Gift of the Holy Spirit to anyone who A/S/K for Him. The Holy Spirit will give you or show you whatever YOU personally need to establish and maintain a relationship.
Maybe where I needed to see Hell you may need to see a winning lotto ticket, or maybe you need to see a Oncologist, or maybe you need to see and experience what people do in other countries and How God directly helps them.. What good would it do to show everyone hell if everyone does not need to see it. There are those on this very website who shared Dark/demonic awareness and they are still atheists.

Quote:Seems like a pretty simple solution, ya know, if he's really into saving his children's souls and all.
That's another thing. Not all are God's children.
Quote:I guess it's because he's a sadist. What kind of mind builds a torture chamber in the first place?
One who want to separate His Children from the monsters who wish them harm. (before you twist my words Hell was built for Satan and the demons)
06-02-2014, 09:54 PM
(06-02-2014 09:27 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:59 PM)Pippen Wrote:  OK. But have you even looked into any of the suggestions I and others have given you? Are you in the slightest bit interested in the possible organic cause of this? I'm not asking you to believe it, just at the very least consider that what you experienced is not God talking to you but a very common neurological sleep related condition that exhibits many of the signs that millions, if not billions, or even tens of billions have also experienced without the filter of your Christian God.

From what I can gather that until this thread you had never even heard of Sleep Paralysis. A number of other people have brought it up as an explanation and shared their experiences. Now that you do know about it you have the opportunity to research it and understand it. You don't have, to but anyone with an enquiringly mind would. 5 minutes out of your day just to have a squizz at the wikipedia site even. 5 whole minutes.

What you went through was no doubt terrifying and profoundly troubling. Your faith might seem the perfect foil and provide a nice tidy explanation but there are others if you care to find out.
Again so what if you can described the mechanics behind a vechical God uses to communicate with us? Does it somehow mean that the message was not from God?

I can fix cars (among other things) does my being able to describe how your car's engine works, negate your ablity to drive your car to any place you want to go? If you did not know how it works again does it negate your ablity to drive your car any where you want to go?

Then again please one of you explain why identifying this as a dream put the message beyond God's reach.

Your car analogy makes no sense. It's like saying "I dreamed I was driving my Lamborghini though the Swiss Alps and went over a cliff and died and then I wake up in the morning and there is a smashed up Lamborghini in my driveway! It's a miracle!" No. You live next to Justin Beiber. Someone has to.

Yes or No answers.

Have you looked at any of the suggestions people here have given you on Sleep Paralysis? Yes or No.

If you have looked at them was it with an open mind? Yes or No

Did you look at them in a perfunctory way? Yes or No

It is not a dream. Dreams are quite different. If you had looked at the research you would know this.
06-02-2014, 10:07 PM
(06-02-2014 09:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:25 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You mean besides that you're still a theist and haven't come to terms that you never truly deconverted?
At what point in my story did I say I was a Christian to begin with?

At what point did I say you were a Christian?

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
(06-02-2014 09:54 PM)Pippen Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 09:27 PM)Drich Wrote:  Again so what if you can described the mechanics behind a vechical God uses to communicate with us? Does it somehow mean that the message was not from God?

I can fix cars (among other things) does my being able to describe how your car's engine works, negate your ablity to drive your car to any place you want to go? If you did not know how it works again does it negate your ablity to drive your car any where you want to go?

Then again please one of you explain why identifying this as a dream put the message beyond God's reach.

Your car analogy makes no sense. It's like saying "I dreamed I was driving my Lamborghini though the Swiss Alps and went over a cliff and died and then I wake up in the morning and there is a smashed up Lamborghini in my driveway! It's a miracle!" No. You live next to Justin Beiber. Someone has to.

Yes or No answers.

Have you looked at any of the suggestions people here have given you on Sleep Paralysis? Yes or No.

If you have looked at them was it with an open mind? Yes or No

Did you look at them in a perfunctory way? Yes or No

It is not a dream. Dreams are quite different. If you had looked at the research you would know this.

Yes to all. This is not the first time I have shared this with atheists. this is just one of several key arguments use to dismiss this experience. It is based on the idea that God can only work in ways we can not comprehend or explain. That is why I have dismissed your points to quickly (I've done this several times now.)

Quid pro quoe clarice, quid pro quoe.
I now some questions I want a yes or no answer to.
In your opinion is it beyond God's ablity to use a dream or even Paralysis to pass a message or have one experience something like their final judgement and Hell?

I (use words that I can spell without difficulty. dream rather than sleep paralysis.) In the 80's they called it word blindness. with words I can not visualize I literally have to find it spelled somewhere, and go back and forth letter by letter and the double check or count the letters to make sure they are all there. so I appologise I I was not using your word of choice.

The car analogy explained.

A car is a vechical
Dreams or even Sleep paralysis is also a vechical

A car takes you places you want to God
Dreams/Sleep paralysis Takes you where God wants you to go

Now in your line of reasoning just because you can identify 'sleep paralysis or a dream' you are saying this explaination trumps any thing that says God had anything to do with this...

Now my question is why?

Now if I know how your car works does it mean it will not take you places you want to go? Honest answer: No.

Now if you know how God's Car/Vechical works does it mean it can't still take you places that He wants to take you? Honest answer No. Why? Because the creator of the universe would not make it in such a fashion as to have to circumvent the natural order of things Every time He wants something done. A true all powerful all knowing God would create the universe (and us) in such away to take advantage of all of the other natural phenoma that goes on in creation..

Your's (Meaning everyone who thinks like this) is a ironage/darkages view of God. In that we must be completely unable to understand how God works in order for God to be God... to which I ask who says? Science is the study of Creation and therefore it is the study of the processes God uses to enact His will. The more we understand the closer it should bring us to God.
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
(06-02-2014 10:07 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 09:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  At what point in my story did I say I was a Christian to begin with?

At what point did I say you were a Christian?

shoo fly.
Tongue
06-02-2014, 10:24 PM
(06-02-2014 10:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:07 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  At what point did I say you were a Christian?

shoo fly.
Tongue

Although, I'll concede that was funny, if you want to argue semantics we can go all day. I'd rather get on to a real debate.
Besides, I'm not Mom.

Atir aissom atir imon