My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: My conversion...
(07-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Drich - yes. I read your OP.

Here is the thing, when you dream, your mind cycles through information that stored in memory or attempts to work through fears and traumas.

During REM, activities you participated in during that day will get processed from short term memory to long term.

When I got mauled by a dog, all I wanted was to be able to tell the dog owners what they cost me and for them to be sorry and accept responsibility for what they did. I had constant dreams about her apologizing to me. I would dream that I've gotten her alone and am in the process of telling her that because of her, I needed surgery and lost my pregnancy. The dream always stopped before she said she was sorry. Now why is that?

Because I've never heard her voice say those words. My brain could not fathom it enough to make it happen.

Sometimes our dreams are our subconscious talking to us or trying to satisfy our needs. You subconsciously were fearful that rejecting your religion would have dangerous consequences. So it's no surprise you dreamed of hell.

Again, you saw white Jesus because that's what you are most familiar with. Rather ironic that the ONE religion out of the thousands that you happen to be familiar with also turns out to be the CORRECT religion according to your dream.

You just admitted that if you saw Allah you would still think it was the Christian god because of the *love* you felt. Do you understand what confirmation bias is? Really?
see the above response. you guys are the same. None of your assessments of what I left in the OP are reflected in your summeries. You have changed the OP to some strawman version of it and your attacking what you have practiced in the past.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 08:45 AM
(07-02-2014 08:43 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 06:35 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Drich - yes. I read your OP.

Here is the thing, when you dream, your mind cycles through information that stored in memory or attempts to work through fears and traumas.

During REM, activities you participated in during that day will get processed from short term memory to long term.

When I got mauled by a dog, all I wanted was to be able to tell the dog owners what they cost me and for them to be sorry and accept responsibility for what they did. I had constant dreams about her apologizing to me. I would dream that I've gotten her alone and am in the process of telling her that because of her, I needed surgery and lost my pregnancy. The dream always stopped before she said she was sorry. Now why is that?

Because I've never heard her voice say those words. My brain could not fathom it enough to make it happen.

Sometimes our dreams are our subconscious talking to us or trying to satisfy our needs. You subconsciously were fearful that rejecting your religion would have dangerous consequences. So it's no surprise you dreamed of hell.

Again, you saw white Jesus because that's what you are most familiar with. Rather ironic that the ONE religion out of the thousands that you happen to be familiar with also turns out to be the CORRECT religion according to your dream.

You just admitted that if you saw Allah you would still think it was the Christian god because of the *love* you felt. Do you understand what confirmation bias is? Really?
see the above response. you guys are the same. None of your assessments of what I left in the OP are reflected in your summeries. You have changed the OP to some strawman version of it and your attacking what you have practiced in the past.

Summaries. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-02-2014, 08:47 AM
(07-02-2014 08:40 AM)Drich Wrote:  
Quote:Nothing you dreamed was original.
Again why can't God use dreams to communicate to us?

You fucking idiot, if some "gawd" creature could get inside our minds to cause us to dream, it could just as easily get inside our minds and cause us to never even consider "sinning" at all. And then there would be none of the bullshit drama fantasy that you wallow in and are trying to push on us. But you assholes never think these things through.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
(07-02-2014 06:44 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Car mechanics is not an analogous scenario to describing the mechanics behind your dream.
Why? Because you can't address the specifics I laid out so your moving to dismiss the whole analogy without having to address the particulars.

Quote:You see, if you believed your car ran on pixie dust, explaining how the car runs on gas would not mean that the car no longer operates, it means that the car doesn't run on pixie dust.
Perfect example Of what I just said. Here you are not discussing anythng I have actually said, no you have taken what I have said and replaced it with a strawman, then you proceed to attack the strawman you just brought into the discussion for the first time, and then you try and tie it back to me.

Your tring to trivialize and dismiss without an honest discussion..

If you want to have a discussion with me then your going to have to play by the same rules i have to when speaking to you all.

Do your due dillegence or be made to look the fool. Eitherway is good with me.
07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
(07-02-2014 08:14 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Wrong. The definition of atheism is "lack of belief", your whole dream shows otherwise (and how you went about it). Please stop trying to use that fallacy, it hasn't worked before and still doesn't work.
again I point back to my time line. It starts when I was 14. it ends when I was 20. durning that period according to what I had written explain why I was not an Atheist. Now keep in mind the 'dream' I had did not happen till i was 20.

You and your mommie keep pointing to the dream. there is a 6 year period you are intentionally over looking. Address it or I will dismiss your arguement as a no true scotsman fallacy as well.

What timeline? The issue we are talking about is the OP (YOUR dream). Stop diverting attention away to another issue.
Aka: red herring.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Last night I had a dream that the empire wanted to set up an outpost on a desolate frozen planet. So they could 'strike back' at the rebel alliance. The planet was so cold that they pumped it full of cfc gasses for years so it would warm up enough just so their machinery AT ATS, and stuff, could function (see what I did there Drich) ... Anyhoo ... I was having this lightsaber fight with some dude in a black helmet, he chopped off my hand and as I fell, he told me not to eat creme eggs just before I go to sleep!

I awoke, drenched in the chocolaty odour of my sweat, little tin foil wrappers strewn about me. ... The shame!

Lord Vader says don't eat creme eggs after 11pm guys. I know how it feels to have your hand chopped off and it's not nice. Heed my words unbelievers!

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 4 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
07-02-2014, 09:09 AM
(07-02-2014 08:10 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The fuck you say!?

Are you really that thick headed? You never DEconverted. You continued to believe that's why you assumed when you had your "dream" (read hallucination), it was god who tickled your taint!

An atheist who had deconverted would not have assumed such an asinine dream was a message from god! He/she would have seen a fucking doctor.

Now for the LAST TIME shoo fly!

Sorey mom, but unless you can do better with your explaination your default arguement can be dismissed as a No true atheist/scotsmen fallacy.

Once again, I'll do this nice and slow for you:

Atheist: person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
Agnostic: person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

So, how can one blame something for personal issues if they don't believe it exists? This is not a "no true Scotsman" fallacy, because your motives and way of thinking directly contradict with the definition of Atheism. I would have considered you an agnostic, but by strict definition, at least a theist.
So please, come up with another argument.

And just to make this even more simple, I'll give you an example:

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man, to rid the world of leprechauns once and for all.
~Since he claims that he's "aleprechaunist", does that make him one based upon his way of thinking and personal actions?
Critical Thinking: Since we can't find leprechauns anymore, can we safely assume he did his job? And because of this, deserves our praise and thanks? Why or why not?

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
(07-02-2014 08:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:04 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah, science bitches!

BTW, Drich:
Just for clarification, you may have been going through the "deconversion" process, but at the time mentioned you were not an atheist. You would be considered an agnostic at best. If you're still talking to God and using him as an excuse, that is not atheism.

I'm honestly trying to get you to understand the difference. Ask questions if you need to.

Here your whole arguement is based on a straw man. You have intentionally changed my timeline to fit your new hypothsis. Again please explain how my deconversion differs from the stories posted in the sticky section of this website.

This is simple really:

You: Blame something you don't believe in for your troubles (contradiction).
Us: Blame the doctrine/dogma/people associated with the established religion.

What's the difference? We blame the human element, not the God element. We may talk about religion, use religion in an attempt to disprove itself, but that does not mean we believe in it. BIG difference. Drinking Beverage

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
(07-02-2014 08:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:04 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah, science bitches!

BTW, Drich:
Just for clarification, you may have been going through the "deconversion" process, but at the time mentioned you were not an atheist. You would be considered an agnostic at best. If you're still talking to God and using him as an excuse, that is not atheism.

I'm honestly trying to get you to understand the difference. Ask questions if you need to.

Here your whole arguement is based on a straw man. You have intentionally changed my timeline to fit your new hypothsis. Again please explain how my deconversion differs from the stories posted in the sticky section of this website.

No timeline exists in this thread as previously stated.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 09:27 AM by Im_Ryan.)
(07-02-2014 08:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:50 PM)Pippen Wrote:  Ok. But what is different now? You have every right to be fucked off at the world if you feel it has shat on you. But at some stage you will have to seek or grant forgiveness to actual people in your life rather than have it handed to you by an arbitrary and imaginary deity.

You say you don't care. I would care for all it was worth to get out of the hurt you are in. I don't know you or your life. I could never even hope to.
meh, ill look into it. just did I'm good thanks but we dont need any self pitty. That's an atheist thing.

Wow, total hypocrite.
We use "self pity" as a tool to get over our problems.
You use "God's pity" for yours.
Only difference is we can forgive ourselves. You arrogant little prick. You speak of something you know nothing about. I honestly didn't mind your posts until now. This is fucking insulting.
"Judge not lest you be judged", see you in hell Motherfucker.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post