My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 02:54 AM
RE: My conversion...
(08-02-2014 12:02 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:04 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Meanwhile he jumps on a 16 year old kids thread, who has concerns about meeting with a pastor and starts proselytising, whilst in other threads claims that's not why he's here.

... dang, he deliberately went after a kid in a vulnerable place? Could you link me that thread? That's low. That's LOW.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...h-a-pastor

I know I'm just attacking the guy a lot but I've been watching all of his threads and he's really fucking shifty. ... I know we have theists on here who are blatant about their beliefs and blatant about proselytising but that's just it. They're blatant, you know where you stand with them and whilst it may get heated on here from time to time, it's an atheist forum, these guys know what they're letting themselves in for and we hammer them, usually though it doesn't go beyond a level of rambunctious and enthusiastic piss taking. I often get the impression that a large portion of our thick skinned theists don't take it to heart and that's good because I'm sure irl I'd probably get on with a lot of them, especially the ones who give as good as they get Smile

With this guy though ... I don't know if it's just me but I get a sense from his overall posts he's a bit more bonkers than your average theist. He seems locked firmly in to his own personal delusion that came about whilst asphyxiating himself in his sleep, he then goes on to 'offer' information via his 'questions' threads with an implied undertone that 'those atheists have obviously never made a serious spiritual enquiry', type of approach. He talks about his conversion with an undertone of you guys try A/S/K (but I don't need to, God talks to me in my sleep cos I'm special) ... When challenged on any point he twists, turns and dances at every opportunity and deliberately reinterprets whatever he reads to facilitate whatever lunacy he feels like spouting.

That thread I have linked you for example, he bools in there with his 'oooh yeah great serious questions' diatribe and without invite starts to systematically spam the thread to pieces with his proselytising, self serving egocentric waffle. Anyone can see that is not the purpose of the thread. Even a semi-functional human being with a rudimentary intelligence can see it's a young person forming their own strong beliefs who is not looking forward to a potentially uncomfortable conversation. A conversation they only wanted with their dad. So why can Drick head not fathom, that if the kid only wants to speak to his father and not the pastor, he certainly doesn't want to get on the interwebz and endure a gattling gun of Bible puns from an asphyxiating loon? ... The thing is, he did KNOW, where us and even the other theists on here saw it, so did he.

Some atheists answered him with helpful advice, the theists on here left him alone because they know it would be bad form to jump in there to proselytise because they are on the whole, good people who saw potential vulnerability. Drick saw that vulnerability too ... That's my point.

This one loves himself. He has no scruples about whom he chooses to preach at, has had a special magic asphyxiation dream, believes evidence doesn't apply to him but will lead us to the light with his message of A/S/K the dude has a fucking Messiah complex! Fortunately he's thick as fuck with the charisma of a steaming curry shite so I can't see Jones town happening again in the foreseeable future.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
08-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Double
(08-02-2014 12:02 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:04 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Meanwhile he jumps on a 16 year old kids thread, who has concerns about meeting with a pastor and starts proselytising, whilst in other threads claims that's not why he's here.

... dang, he deliberately went after a kid in a vulnerable place? Could you link me that thread? That's low. That's LOW.

Actually, he claimed that he wasn't using it as an opportunity to "preach" in the very same thread.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-02-2014, 08:32 AM
(08-02-2014 02:54 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:02 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ... dang, he deliberately went after a kid in a vulnerable place? Could you link me that thread? That's low. That's LOW.

I know I'm just attacking the guy a lot but I've been watching all of his threads and he's really fucking shifty. ...

And that's a wrap!Bowing

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
08-02-2014, 12:52 PM
(08-02-2014 02:54 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:02 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ... dang, he deliberately went after a kid in a vulnerable place? Could you link me that thread? That's low. That's LOW.

I know I'm just attacking the guy a lot but I've been watching all of his threads and he's really fucking shifty. ... I know we have theists on here who are blatant about their beliefs and blatant about proselytising but that's just it. They're blatant, you know where you stand with them and whilst it may get heated on here from time to time, it's an atheist forum, these guys know what they're letting themselves in for and we hammer them, usually though it doesn't go beyond a level of rambunctious and enthusiastic piss taking. I often get the impression that a large portion of our thick skinned theists don't take it to heart and that's good because I'm sure irl I'd probably get on with a lot of them, especially the ones who give as good as they get Smile

With this guy though ... I don't know if it's just me but I get a sense from his overall posts he's a bit more bonkers than your average theist. He seems locked firmly in to his own personal delusion that came about whilst asphyxiating himself in his sleep, he then goes on to 'offer' information via his 'questions' threads with an implied undertone that 'those atheists have obviously never made a serious spiritual enquiry', type of approach. He talks about his conversion with an undertone of you guys try A/S/K (but I don't need to, God talks to me in my sleep cos I'm special) ... When challenged on any point he twists, turns and dances at every opportunity and deliberately reinterprets whatever he reads to facilitate whatever lunacy he feels like spouting.

That thread I have linked you for example, he bools in there with his 'oooh yeah great serious questions' diatribe and without invite starts to systematically spam the thread to pieces with his proselytising, self serving egocentric waffle. Anyone can see that is not the purpose of the thread. Even a semi-functional human being with a rudimentary intelligence can see it's a young person forming their own strong beliefs who is not looking forward to a potentially uncomfortable conversation. A conversation they only wanted with their dad. So why can Drick head not fathom, that if the kid only wants to speak to his father and not the pastor, he certainly doesn't want to get on the interwebz and endure a gattling gun of Bible puns from an asphyxiating loon? ... The thing is, he did KNOW, where us and even the other theists on here saw it, so did he.

Some atheists answered him with helpful advice, the theists on here left him alone because they know it would be bad form to jump in there to proselytise because they are on the whole, good people who saw potential vulnerability. Drick saw that vulnerability too ... That's my point.

This one loves himself. He has no scruples about whom he chooses to preach at, has had a special magic asphyxiation dream, believes evidence doesn't apply to him but will lead us to the light with his message of A/S/K the dude has a fucking Messiah complex! Fortunately he's thick as fuck with the charisma of a steaming curry shite so I can't see Jones town happening again in the foreseeable future.

Okay, having read through that thread, the 16-year-old could definitely take care of himself and wasn't in as vulnerable a spot as I was reading into the account. But yeah, you're right, he completely misread the context. His comments were neither solicited nor appropriate.... and yeah, I totally agree. He's here to proselytize. The fact that he says otherwise tells me only that he's lying when he proselytizes.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
08-02-2014, 12:57 PM
(08-02-2014 12:52 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ...
he's lying when he proselytizes.

Isn't that a tautology?

Unsure

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-02-2014, 01:10 PM
(08-02-2014 12:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:52 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ...
he's lying when he proselytizes.

Isn't that a tautology?

Unsure

Not all falsehoods are lies; some are only mistakes. There's a distinction between trying to spread an honestly (albeit irrationally) held belief, versus blatantly mischaracterizing how you're spreading it.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
08-02-2014, 09:53 PM
(07-02-2014 10:46 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:40 AM)Drich Wrote:  The same way that atheist here can rail against a God they do not believe in.

eg..Point to His immorality, Point to His quick temperment, His blood thirst nature etc..
How can any of you 'atheist' use these areguements if you do not believe he exists..
No, atheists rail against the concept. There are no atheists who actually talk to or taunt the concept...

Laughat do you even read the stuff your peers post?
08-02-2014, 09:58 PM
(07-02-2014 11:28 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  
Drich Wrote:So again, how does my actions here with 'Tim' differ from anything you 'good' people do on this site to well meaning brothers in the faith?

Ohhhh no you don't.

I haven't had any issues here.
And don't pull that "well meaning" shit.

You are in the soup because you cannot accept faith for what it is.
WitchSabrina and other nonbelievers here, do understand the difference. When you finally understand this, you'll understand that there is nothing to "sell".

It's your unwillingness to understand the difference that makes you the object of scorn.

Until you wise up my brother, it doesn't matter a whit what your motivation is.

What are you talking about? I've posted a time line of my life concerning my belief or disbelief in God at various stages. Then in an attempt to truly understand and not automatically dismiss all of you as trying to force a no true Scotsman fallacy on to my situation I asked at least half a dozen of you to point to an instance in my time line, and tell me how my situation differs from anyone else in your deconversion thread/sticky.

Not ONE of you can. You just keep pushing your no true Scotsman fallacy on to me and my situation without addressing any of the topical points I left open for discussion.
08-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Ok, here's the difference. Your timeline:
(07-02-2014 10:19 AM)Drich Wrote:  Shortly there after bad crap happened, I blamed God.

Nothing happened

Then I started to question God

nothing happened

I turned on God,

Nothing happened,

I began to hate God,

Nothing heppened

actual deconversion timeline:

Shortly there after bad crap happened, I blamed God.

Nothing happened

Then I started to question God

nothing happened

Then I researched random things and decided God had no place in my life/God doesn't exist

nothing happened

Then I forgot about God and just lived

nothing happened

I felt pretty free

the end.

See? No turning, no hate. Only freedom from the opression of a creepy ceiling cat watching your every move and judging you for things that don't matter.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
08-02-2014, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 10:15 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(08-02-2014 09:58 PM)Drich Wrote:  Not ONE of you can. You just keep pushing your no true Scotsman fallacy on to me and my situation without addressing any of the topical points I left open for discussion.

Quote:"I blamed God...

Then I started to question God...

I turned on God...

I began to hate God..."

You can't hate something you don't believe exists, you stupid fuck.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop